Drugs and Other Dumb Mistakes

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
Jamie Kermond, Australian showjumper tested positive for cocaine on June 26 and is forbidden to compete in the Olympics.

Then there are the six Polish swimmers who through no fault of their own have to be sent back to Poland because their team selected too many to go.

Poland have sent six swimmers home from the Tokyo Olympics after selecting too many by mistake.

Poland initially picked 23 athletes but had to cut that to 17 based on world governing body FINA's qualifying rules.

Polish Swimming Federation (PZP) president Pawel Slominski has apologised and said he understood the anger of those who have returned home.

"I express great regret, sadness and bitterness about the situation," he said in a statement...

One of the six athletes Alicja Tchorz, who represented Poland at the 2012 and 2016 Olympics, expressed her anger at the mistake on social media.

"Imagine dedicating five years of your life and striving for another start at the most important sporting event, giving up your private life and work, sacrificing your family and your dedication results in a total flop," she wrote on Facebook.

MacMadame

Staying at home
"Imagine dedicating five years of your life and striving for another start at the most important sporting event, giving up your private life and work, sacrificing your family and your dedication results in a total flop," she wrote on Facebook.
But wouldn't that be true if she hadn't been selected to begin with?

I can see being angry at being told yes and then no. That's emotionally abusive! But being mad at the NGB because you didn't make the team and saying it wasn't worth it? That's the risk you take when you dedicate your life to sport.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Jaime gets the dumb dumb award. To work as hard as one does in Show Jumping...the training...the horses...finding the right horse.....and then throw away the Olympics for a night of partying! Moron.

I may have mentioned before that the vet who takes care of big deal stuff at our barn is the Olympic Equestrian vet. He was talking to my trainer while driving to the Olympic show grounds. Trainer says aren't you going to be late? Nope he says...they can't start without me :cheer2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information