Dangers of a Trump Presidency--Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meoima

Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman, a 75-year-old cancer survivor, has tested #********* positive after taking shelter in a room, where many GOP refused to wear masks. She believes she contracted the ***** while in protected isolation room.
Physician for US Congress sends a warning that the protective safe room for Members of Congress where tons of people were huddle together—had someone w/ #*********, and thus everyone possibly exposed. Everyone asked to get PCR test.
Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal (WA) has tested positive for #********* ***** after being sequestered for several hours during Jan 6th siege of US Capitol in a room w/ mask-less GOP colleagues. She got 1st vaccine dose just 2 days before the siege.
From https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1348899470247911426?s=20

ballettmaus

Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman, a 75-year-old cancer survivor, has tested #********* positive after taking shelter in a room, where many GOP refused to wear masks. She believes she contracted the ***** while in protected isolation room.
Physician for US Congress sends a warning that the protective safe room for Members of Congress where tons of people were huddle together—had someone w/ #*********, and thus everyone possibly exposed. Everyone asked to get PCR test.
Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal (WA) has tested positive for #********* ***** after being sequestered for several hours during Jan 6th siege of US Capitol in a room w/ mask-less GOP colleagues. She got 1st vaccine dose just 2 days before the siege.
From https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1348899470247911426?s=20
Already discussed here :)

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
Count me in with the disappointed citizens who had to witness Jim (Gym) Jordan get his Presidential Medal of Freedom without much fanfare. Trump has lost his edge. I was at least expecting one of his "Greatest Showman" extravaganzas. Maybe a WWF wrestling match between a caped Coach Jordan wrestling the ghost or zombie of team doctor Richard Strauss. Former team members could shout angry chants while Dr. Strauss pins JJ with the medal and gives him the same "required" exam his team wrestlers received all those years.

Trump has a week left. There's still time for him to give a Presidential Medal of Freedom to Dr. Nassar or Steve Penny for their work with USA Gymnastics. :rolleyes:

caseyedwards

Count me in with the disappointed citizens who had to witness Jim (Gym) Jordan get his Presidential Medal of Freedom without much fanfare. Trump has lost his edge. I was at least expecting one of his "Greatest Showman" extravaganzas. Maybe a WWF wrestling match between a caped Coach Jordan wrestling the ghost or zombie of team doctor Richard Strauss. Former team members can shout while Dr. Strauss pins him with the medal and gives him the same "required" exam the team wrestlers received all those years.

Trump has a week left. There's still time for him to give a Presidential Medal of Freedom to Dr. Nassar or Steve Penny for their work with USA Gymnastics. :rolleyes:
The democrats excuse for not doing anything about Jordan is that it all happened before he was a member of the house. But that’s a lie. It’s happening while he he’s a member of the house! All his lies and obstruction! So I don’t get why democrats aren’t unanimous for his expulsion

rfisher

Let the skating begin
:rofl: Joe Scarbourgh just invoked the "Just As I Am" to Trump. If you are familiar with Southern Baptist tradition, this is the hymn that's played at the end of a church service to give a sinner the chance to come to Jesus before it's all over. It's even sung at funerals. I spit tea all over my computer laughing.

Susan1

Count me in with the disappointed citizens who had to witness Jim (Gym) Jordan get his Presidential Medal of Freedom without much fanfare. Trump has lost his edge. I was at least expecting one of his "Greatest Showman" extravaganzas. Maybe a WWF wrestling match between a caped Coach Jordan wrestling the ghost or zombie of team doctor Richard Strauss. Former team members could shout angry chants while Dr. Strauss pins JJ with the medal and gives him the same "required" exam his team wrestlers received all those years.

Glad I missed it. I resisted even posting the "news" all last week. They mentioned it on our local news, but that was it. Skeevy has been too busy testifying for his great friends, the rioters, to even care. It doesn't mean anything when trump hands them out to anybody he wants to keep on his side. I remember watching a lot of President Obama's ceremonies. They meant something to other people. So glad Belichick turned it down. I wish those golfers would have. Can you give them back, like the Beatles did their MBEs?

Susan1

4 years too late. I'm wondering if Pence is afraid to be president for a couple days. He'd go down in history with all this on his head.

Vagabond

4 years too late. I'm wondering if Pence is afraid to be president for a couple days. He'd go down in history with all this on his head.
Instead, he'll go down in history as the man who was too timidous to oust the President who wanted him killed and Congress overthrown.

once_upon

It's sad that there were so many despicable things said and done during Trump's presidency that I dont remember what actions or words triggered words that I posted on FB 3 years ago.

Those words/actions should outrage all people.

I know it was a political thing about Trump. It is so sad I can't remember what it was, because there have been so many things.

MacMadame

Staying at home
It's going to be a bi-partisan impeachment

What if the White House had been breached May 29?
I don't think this makes sense. People protesting on May 29th wanted more police accountability. They didn't want to overthrow the government. Why would they breach the WH?

I wish this made me feel better. Both because it's only 5k more than planned and also because I don't trust them.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I don't think this makes sense. People protesting on May 29th wanted more police accountability. They didn't want to overthrow the government. Why would they breach the WH?

You are quoting a piece of a post of mine without context from a different thread. If you quoted the context you wouldn't be asking the question.

Please don't pull quotes from one thread to another. Its very confusing and confuses the discussion. I think this happens because you quote so many people at once, with all due respect, that makes discussion difficult and it might be a good idea to respond to people one post at a time.

ballettmaus

Apparently, he made a new hostage video and I'm suddenly glad that Twitter did not ban him earlier. These hostage videos is likely what he would have sounded like throughout the four years without social media and I don't want to know how the MSM would have spun that into he being presidential and how they would have excused his rallies as "he's just showing off for his supporters" or something along the lines.

I don't get the purpose of those videos though. He's incited violence and he's been impeached. Does he hope Republicans won't convict/bar him from holding future office if he makes these videos?

MacMadame

Staying at home
You are quoting a piece of a post of mine without context from a different thread. If you quoted the context you wouldn't be asking the question.
I read the post and know the context and I still think it's not a compatible situation. And also that's not how BLM protests go. It doesn't git with your goals.

Please don't pull quotes from one thread to another. Its very confusing and confuses the discussion. I think this happens because you quote so many people at once, with all due respect, that makes discussion difficult and it might be a good idea to respond to people one post at a time.
So that people can piss at me for posting multiple times in a row? No, thanks. Also, you aren't a mod so please don't police my posts.

Dobre

I don't get the purpose of those videos though. He's incited violence and he's been impeached. Does he hope Republicans won't convict/bar him from holding future office if he makes these videos?
Yes. Probably mostly because he doesn't want to be embarrassed by losing.

(Also if he is in danger of facing a criminal jury trial, he may want some "evidence" of good acts to go with it?)

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I read the post and know the context and I still think it's not a compatible situation. And also that's not how BLM protests go. It doesn't git with your goals.

So that people can piss at me for posting multiple times in a row? No, thanks. Also, you aren't a mod so please don't police my posts.

I asked if you could do that. I really wish you would rethink your multiple quote posts. That was a request. Calling it policing your posts rather shocks me. I was trying to request it politely as I thought it might not have occurred to you that it was a bother to any other posters, not to censure you.

All I can do is ask. Please do not drag my posts from thread to thread. That's a request from a fellow poster, that's all it is.

MacMadame

Staying at home
Please do not drag my posts from thread to thread.
That was a mistake and I will try to be more careful in the future (I tend to have multiple tabs up and sometimes get confused).

But there is a very strong culture on this board to use multiquote to the point where people get scold if they don't. I'm not going to stop doing what the board consensus is the right way to do things because you have some bug up your ass about it. I find your request extremely perplexing and weird TBH.

Susan1

That was a mistake and I will try to be more careful in the future (I tend to have multiple tabs up and sometimes get confused).

But there is a very strong culture on this board to use multiquote to the point where people get scold if they don't. I'm not going to stop doing what the board consensus is the right way to do things because you have some bug up your ass about it. I find your request extremely perplexing and weird TBH.
The multi-quote used to be easier to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information