Dangers of a Trump Presidency--Part 7

Cachoo

So the ACLU is reporting that they are looking for the parents of 545 children who were separated at the border on orders from the Trump administration. Is this not an example of crimes against humanity times 545?

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Everybody - if there is a football game on that afternoon, 60 Minutes will be delayed. I DVR'd it and whatever was on the hour after.

He'll just talk louder. They need to put him in a sound proof booth so we can watch his mouth yell and his arms flap around without hearing anything. :rollin:
I have images of Homer Simpson

MacMadame

Staying at home
Hold on, Trump of all people is actually complaining about someone alledgedly not wearing a mask???

You can't make this stuff up.
You know he's only complaining about it because he thinks it shows some kind of hypocrisy on the part of his "enemies."

VGThuy

So the ACLU is reporting that they are looking for the parents of 545 children who were separated at the border on orders from the Trump administration. Is this not an example of crimes against humanity times 545?

I honestly still can't believe that whole family separation policy wasn't "it" for his presidency. It goes to show you how governments can commit atrocities against fellow human beings within their own borders and supposedly normal people don't care or defend/justify it.

SkateSand

Cat Servant

I went on a Facebook rant today regarding this. I'm sure some of my friends/family are cringing, but this is the hill I chose to die on. Well, that and 220,000 unforgivable deaths. I'm just not a fun person to be around right now.

MacMadame

Staying at home
I honestly still can't believe that whole family separation policy wasn't "it" for his presidency. It goes to show you how governments can commit atrocities against fellow human beings within their own borders and supposedly normal people don't care or defend/justify it.
I read a BuzzFeed article about former Trump voters who finally had enough and only one of them said the family separations. Most of them said *********. Though one did say him lying about his inauguration crowd is what turned him off so presumably, that person is not happy with much that happened after that.

Dobre

Do you have a link? I would be happy to die on this hill on my facebook page too.

Louis

Private citizen
Voter intimidation in Orlando.
A businessman is threatening his employees with job loss if they don't support Trump; and he loses the election.
UGH!
I don't support this at all, but it's one of the side effects of "cancel culture." Just as people can and have been fired for supporting the police, so too can they be fired for supporting or not supporting a political candidate. In the vast majority of states, this is sadly legal.

Florida is one of the few states with laws restricting what employers can do, so his employees may be in luck.

I'd like to see more political speech protected, but it would apply to the left and the right. No more firing people for wearing Blue Lives Matter or All Lives Matter buttons while Black Lives Matter buttons are permitted.

gkelly

I'd like to see more political speech protected, but it would apply to the left and the right. No more firing people for wearing Blue Lives Matter or All Lives Matter buttons while Black Lives Matter buttons are permitted.

However, there is a difference between what employees do that reflects on the business, such as what they wear at work, vs. what they do with their supposedly secret ballots.

Putting up signs at their own homes or posting on their personal social media might fall somewhere in between.

VGThuy

He was really excited because he truly thought he was about to have sex with a young woman.

Teamgracie

Sure seems like it should be. Is there anything that can be done legally? It’s so incredibly sad.

overedge

G.O.A.T.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information