Dangers of a Trump Presidency--Part 7

Susan1

This goes better in this thread than where I originally put it.
Somebody (sorry - I flip a lot) interviewed people and one said that he respected them to make their own decision about wearing masks. Another said that if she got sick it was God's will. The last one said if trump said to wear a mask, she would. There are not enough walls to bang my head against. :wall: Do these people not wear seatbelts? Stick their fingers in electrical sockets (wait - there you go)?

canbelto

The DOJ is suing the author of the Melania book:

FiveRinger

I've never had a confidentiality agreement or an NDA with a friend. How does that even work? Is that even a friend once you work up the nerve to ask?

Vagabond

@Judy
Federal law requires the President to make certain financial disclosures. As far as I know, Trump has complied, but the requirements do not extend to identifying lenders.
So, what do I know? 🤷‍♂️
According to Mr. Trump’s latest financial disclosure report, filed with the U.S. Office of Government Ethics, he owes at least $135 million to a smattering of small financial institutions such as Ladder Capital. His biggest creditor — to whom Mr. Trump owes well over $300 million — is Deutsche Bank. From 2012 through 2015, the scandal-plagued German bank lent Mr. Trump money for his Doral golf resort in Florida ($125 million), his hotel in Washington ($170 million) and his skyscraper in Chicago (at least $45 million)....

Deutsche Bank remains a vast repository for Mr. Trump’s financial secrets, and the president’s lawyers have spent more than a year fighting against congressional subpoenas for the bank’s records related to Mr. Trump. It is not impossible that evidence will emerge that muddies this picture.

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher

Does anyone doubt that Barr has turned DoJ into Trump’s personal law firm?

MsZem

Does anyone doubt that Barr has turned DoJ into Trump’s personal law firm?
John Bash was not interested:

Judy

I get that. From everything that I've read about that situation, that friendship was lopsided. And I use the word friendship loosely.

I think it would be standard to sign it for the staff in the White House whether you are or aren’t a friend.

Vagabond

I think it would be standard to sign it for the staff in the White House whether you are or aren’t a friend.
It clearly wasn't before Trump became President. Many people who have worked in the White House have written memoirs, and even some Trump staffers (Sarah Huckabee Sanders, for example) have done so too.

Judy

It clearly wasn't before Trump became President. Many people who have worked in the White House have written memoirs, and even some Trump staffers (Sarah Huckabee Sanders, for example) have done so too.

Of course but it likely came with WH approval too. obviously with Trump not all of them and yes Sanders totally supports him.

FiveRinger

Of course but it likely came with WH approval too. obviously with Trump not all of them and yes Sanders totally supports him.
The natural response for anyone named Trump is to sue anyone who would dare have the audacity to write a negative opinion about him or her.

When you are a public figure, there's not a lot of recourse. After what Melania did to her supposed friend, I don't blame her. Melania can say and do whatever she wants and her former friend is just supposed to shut up and take it? That's very high handed of her.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Holy sh*t I have David Pakman on my FB feed and he is covering Trump live in Iowa.

In a nutshell, Trump sounds really bad (raspy voice) and is talking like he is the drunk guy at the end of the bar. Seriously unhinged and rambling. Still going on about Hunter Biden and China and has been talking about it for 10 minutes. There is no structure to what he is saying and he is all over the place. The crowd except for a few moments are quite subdue. Even when they are cheering it (maybe it is the sound) but it is not rapturous or over the top.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Had to go and talk to a work colleague for something. Come back and Trump is still going on about Biden.

He offers no policies or anything practical. It is all about just attacking the opposition. The crowd are pretty quiet until he addresses them with a "that is a big crowd".

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information