Dangers of a Trump Presidency--Part 7

VGThuy

He's going on about California again? I feel like there's very little gain for doing this at this point in time. It seems anybody who will fallen for that has already fallen for that.

Lacey

I don't care if he has to be hospitalized again.

But it's a crime if he gets more people sick, he remains contagious.

Ya, he says he is going to get a test "tomorrow" (not sure if that was last night or this morning)
because there is no need to get tested all the time. And he feels fine...cough, cough, cough...

When I say it is a crime, I hope someone goes to jail for the irresponsibility of sending him out.

If I or a member of my family got sick from exposure to him, I would try to sue, hang them up in the courts for years.

VALuvsMKwan

Wandering Goy

MacMadame

Staying at home
I suppose though since it says by law it has to be approved by the House and Senate, and by veto-proof majorities? Presumably, this is to make a show of something by Pelosi but I still don't think its a good idea, even though I do think that there is a case to be made for the 25th amendment remedy, it would have to be invoked by Pence.
I think there are two motives here.

First, a message to certain people who are acting like Trump is normal that if they continue to enable him, there will be consequences. The idea is to force their hand and get them to do something.

Second, we have seen how fragile our democracy is when people refuse to follow norms. Putting some of those norms into black & white through a combo of rules of order and laws seems to me to be a good idea.

Unless it's aimed at peaceful transfer of power, but wasn't a resolution already passed to address that problem?
It was a toothless resolution. It was just pretty much "peaceful transition of power is good!" IMO, anyway.

Susan1

I forgot to mention - I thought the sign at the top of the street was a trump sign (red and blue) when I was taking out the trash a couple weeks ago. I drove by several roofing company signs the other day that looked like it, so I drove up the street. That's what it is! (There is also a realtor sign in the yard, so that must be why they had the roof done, to sell the house.) So there is one Biden sign on my street. And signs for Dem. judges and stuff there, next door to the one with the republican judges and no trump sign.

Teamgracie

Having a rally outside wh tomorrow! Anyone that attends that is not in their right mind. And no sympathy if they get *********! Unless of course they are forced to because they are an hourly worker or such.

Susan1

Having a rally outside wh tomorrow! Anyone that attends that is not in their right mind. And no sympathy if they get *********! Unless of course they are forced to because they are an hourly worker or such.
It would be funny if no one shows up.

MacMadame

Staying at home
More swamp dwellers:

Since we were talking about the 25th Amendment, here's an article about it from WaPo entitled 5 Myths about the 25:

allezfred

#EpidemiologistsNotEconomists
Staff member
The very best people

BittyBug

The missing ingredient
So how many people who spoke at the Republican convention have either been indicted or are under investigation for crimes?

The Missouri couple
The nurse
Eric Trump
Donald Trump himself

And I'm sure there were other convicts that Trump pardoned who spoke but I refused to watch the convention. But yeah, LAW & ORDER!

Vagabond

So how many people who spoke at the Republican convention have either been indicted or are under investigation for crimes?

The Missouri couple
The nurse
Eric Trump
Donald Trump himself

And I'm sure there were other convicts that Trump pardoned who spoke but I refused to watch the convention. But yeah, LAW & ORDER!
Here are others that come to mind:

Pam Biondi
Rudy Giulilani
Donald Trump, Jr.
Ivanka Trump

Jim Jordan and Kimberly Guilfoyle have been the subject of private investigations by their former employers.

:skandal

Judy

Eric Trump had a meltdown this morning:

As fun as it is to see Eric thinking the end is near, I kind of wish the media challenged these people more and didn’t allow them so much to be air their unhinged nonsense in unchallenged.

I wonder if his family even has access to his financial records. did Trump disclose his finances before election? I doubt every word that comes out of their mouths.

Vagabond

I wonder if his family even has access to his financial records. did Trump disclose his finances before election? I doubt every word that comes out of their mouths.
Federal law requires the President to make certain financial disclosures. As far as I know, Trump has complied, but the requirements do not extend to identifying lenders.

skipaway

Eric Trump had a meltdown this morning:

As fun as it is to see Eric thinking the end is near, I kind of wish the media challenged these people more and didn’t allow them so much to be air their unhinged nonsense in unchallenged.
He also claimed his father “took the vaccine.”
From ABC’s This Week
Trump added: "What my father's done on the vaccine front, no one could have done. No one could have done... My father literally started day one creating this vaccine. He worked to push this vaccine and now my father just took it! And you see how well he got over it and I think it's an inspiration. As Americans, we should be very proud of that."

During a panel discussion later in the program, Karl pointed out that Eric Trump's vaccine claims were "obviously not true."

Users who are viewing this thread

• DFJ
Do Not Sell My Personal Information