Dangers of a Trump Presidency--Part 7

once_upon

Voter
I am unbelievably angry that he knew, he knows and cannot/does not/will not acknowledge it to the US citizens or even the world as other "leaders" have followed in his footsteps.

He knew, over 200,000 in the US are dead because of him. HE KNEW.

How evil is he? Really he knew what was going to be. He knew if people masked they would decrease the spread. He still refuses to tell people what would help save lives.

He effing knew and did nothing.

Louis

Private citizen
I'm not sure if anyone was wearing them (didn't watch), but it sounds like the attendees were given masks and hand sanitizer, in addition to undergoing temperature checks. That's at least something.....

Spikefan

He also brags about breaking the 50 people at a gathering rule. Essentially telling his followers the rules aren’t for them. Yet the state leaders are responsible for what happens in their states according to him. :wall:

Judy

I'm not sure if anyone was wearing them (didn't watch), but it sounds like the attendees were given masks and hand sanitizer, in addition to undergoing temperature checks. That's at least something.....
They didn’t.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
ITA, if this is a close election like 2016 it can make a difference.

Plus as long as the focus is on Trump and is negative, it means Republicans are not able to get attacks on Biden through to very many people.

Its never been about persuading die hard Trump supporters to change. But they do not make up enough of the electorate to put him over the top even in the electoral college. He's got to get a slice of waverers or convince people not to vote at all.
The difference in WI 4 years ago was less than the number of voters who voted for the Green party. WI would have gone for Clinton if those voters had voted for her. So, it's absolutely not about far right voters. It's about moderates, independents and Democrats who are just as rigid as the far right.

DFJ

His supporters behind him on the stage were told they had to wear a mask. Others in the crowd didn't have to. He is an incredibly irresponsible human being, aside from being a liar, a cheat and every other disgusting trait one can throw at him.

Peaches LaTour

I am unbelievably angry that he knew, he knows and cannot/does not/will not acknowledge it to the US citizens or even the world as other "leaders" have followed in his footsteps.

He knew, over 200,000 in the US are dead because of him. HE KNEW.

How evil is he? Really he knew what was going to be. He knew if people masked they would decrease the spread. He still refuses to tell people what would help save lives.

He effing knew and did nothing.
And the GOP have enabled him to do so. They are all mass murdering criminals, IMO.

MacMadame

Staying at home
Well, there you go. Not everyone does what they're told.
I find it just weird. Really I find the whole thing weird from beginning to end.

ETA I thought I had posted this but I don't see it posted so I'll do it again:

And another one about how Trump is almost ignoring the West Coast wildfires.

Last edited:

Vagabond

CNN has obtained excerpts of the 10-minute conversation, which show Trump was more focused on the economy than the public health crisis. As the two debated Trump's response to the [you-know-what], Trump finally asked: "So you think the [you-know-what] totally supersedes the economy?"

"Oh sure. But they're related, as you know," Woodward responded.

"A little bit, yeah," Trump replied.

"Oh, a little bit?" Woodward asked.

"I mean, more than a little bit. But the economy is doing -- look, we're close to a new stock market record," Trump said.
Call Trump pro-life if you want, but he cares more about the Dow Jones Industrial Average than about human lives.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Actually, the ones I saw on tv mostly were. Probably because they said TRUMP on them. That's something. But it was still incredibly irresponsible.
Usually I would say this is like trying to get kids to read a book. It could be anything as long as they are reading.

Cachoo

overedge

G.O.A.T.
He added: "I acted early."
Well, this part is kind of true. He knew early on, and his action was choosing to ignore it :(

Last edited:

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Interesting. Have been trying to find the video on this one. Michael Caputo has claimed some weird conspiracy sh*t about a resistance unit of scientists at the CDC who are planning to undermine Trump.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I came across a tidbit about Donald Trump in a book I was reading which I thought perfectly reflected who Donald Trump is and his mindset, which I don't think has changed much over the years.

The book is the Bomb by Fred Kaplan, and it relates that in 1989 when George H. W. Bush was getting ready to select a chief negotiator for the Strategic Arms Reduction Talks (START), Donald Trump made it known that he would like to be selected! Trump had written the Art of the Deal and was quite convinced that he was the greatest deal maker in world history, or at least convinced that he could convince everyone else of that.

Trump didn't have the ability to even conceive of the idea that there was knowledge of the subject and of how to conduct such talks that would be needed in such a role.

He also probably didn't think Bush would take him seriously and was instead just promoting himself to promote his brand.

MacMadame

Staying at home
Interesting. Have been trying to find the video on this one. Michael Caputo has claimed some weird conspiracy sh*t about a resistance unit of scientists at the CDC who are planning to undermine Trump.
So they are going to do regular science and then tell people their results?

canbelto

Trump defended having an indoor rally:

“I’m on a stage, and it’s very far away,” Mr. Trump said in an interview with The Las Vegas Review-Journal on Monday, after thousands of his supporters gathered on Sunday night inside a manufacturing plant in a Las Vegas suburb, flouting a state directive limiting indoor gatherings to fewer than 50 people.

caseyedwards

His aides are working so hard for Biden! It’s amazing how much trumps aides use the New York Times to help Biden. No one is working harder for Biden than Trump White House aides

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 27)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information