Dangers of a Trump Presidency--Part 7

Cachoo

So on the TikTok ban: Is it payback for the Tulsa rally debacle? Is it the need to create headlines as some of the Epstein/Maxwell documents are unsealed? Or to take ********* out of the headlines for a minute?

caseyedwards

Or it’s the fact that most experts do agree that sending info of Americans to China based servers is a security threat. This isn’t just happening in America but other countries too. Tik Tok is chinese and any info sent to China does mean its government will access it

rfisher

Let the skating begin
And, all those people who ordered tickets in Tulsa will be primed to order them again if there are any other rallies. They were going crazy last night lamenting their loss. I suspect those 18 or older won't be voting for Trump in November. Nor the thousand plus employees here in the US.

caseyedwards

It’s hard to believe that will stop overnight during a Biden presidency when it was common under Obamas. I’m not sure what can change so fast as long as american law says you need visa to enter or asylum or that law that says adults brining children across the border need to be checked to see if they are trafficking them is still around.

MsZem

It’s hard to believe that will stop overnight during a Biden presidency when it was common under Obamas. I’m not sure what can change so fast as long as american law says you need visa to enter or asylum or that law that says adults brining children across the border need to be checked to see if they are trafficking them is still around.
The article explains exactly what changed under Trump. I recommend you read it.

caseyedwards

But I know what changed. I have been following closely. The same laws will be In place for at least a short period of time under Biden and as long as same laws are in place there will be separations under Biden. It’s guaranteed. Some maybe even permanent.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Or it’s the fact that most experts do agree that sending info of Americans to China based servers is a security threat. This isn’t just happening in America but other countries too. Tik Tok is chinese and any info sent to China does mean its government will access it
That is the reason given why the Australian government are also looking at banning Tik Tok.

But for the US I do suspect Trump isn't happy about it from a personal aspect.

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
I saw speculation on Twitter that the "ban Tik Tok" thing was to distract from his financials being disclosed, which showed that he made over $200 million from his golf clubs, apparently from the federal government? I saw it late last night and need to do some verifying, though, so don't take that as fact.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Trump's attacks on mail-in voting are discouraging his own voters.

As Trump leans into attacks on mail voting, GOP officials confront signs of Republican turnout crisis (Washington Post)

This probably means more people will try to vote in person, exacerbating the problems of holding in person elections during the *********. Which fits with Trump's general strategy of creating as much trouble as possible with the election since he knows he will lose if there is a legitimate and orderly election.

President Trump’s unfounded attacks on mail balloting are discouraging his own supporters from embracing the practice, according to polls and Republican leaders across the country, prompting growing alarm that one of the central strategies of his campaign is threatening GOP prospects in November.

Multiple public surveys show a growing divide between Democrats and Republicans about the security of voting by mail, with Republicans saying they are far less likely to trust it in November. In addition, party leaders in several states said they are encountering resistance among GOP voters who are being encouraged to vote absentee while also seeing the president describe mail voting as “rigged” and “fraudulent.”
As a result, state and local Republicans across the country fear they are falling dramatically behind in a practice that is expected to be key to voter turnout this year. Through mailers and Facebook ads, they are racing to promote absentee balloting among their own.

canbelto

Did she actually say something that could be seen as contradicting him? Because that's not normally her MO.

Yeah she said right now the situation is awful in 34 states and schools shouldn't reopen and some places should probably shut down again and everyone must wear masks in multi generational homes.

ballettmaus

The Census Bureau will stop all counting efforts on Sep 30th instead of Oct 31st. https://www.npr.org/2020/08/03/8985...hes-to-finish-all-counting-efforts-by-sept-30

Trump's nominee for Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for Policy is now performing the duties of the Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for Policy after he withdrew from consideration because he couldn't be confirmed. https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/02/politics/anthony-tata-nominee-pentagon/index.html

Trump says he will sign executive orders on evictions and payroll tax if Congress won't reach an agreement on a stimulus bill. https://tinyurl.com/y3nvhunh

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Just hearing about Trump saying that what has happened here in Australia proves his point that lockdowns don't work. He has no freaking clue.

He doesn't get that when things relaxed that is when the problems happen. He doesn't get that is the reason why cases have increased in the US.

MacMadame

Staying at home
Just hearing about Trump saying that what has happened here in Australia proves his point that lockdowns don't work. He has no freaking clue.

He doesn't get that when things relaxed that is when the problems happen. He doesn't get that is the reason why cases have increased in the US.
It's not just that. You guys are declaring a state of emergency over numbers that would be considered victories in many parts of the US. The fact that you have such good numbers is already proof that lockdowns work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 15)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information