Dangers of a Trump Presidency--Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

once_upon

So I went to look at the questions.
One includes knowing what the date Is ( ie 7/22/2020, day of the week and where you are)

Remembering 5 words and repeat them without prompting several minutes later

What do words have in common (apple/banana are fruits, etc).

Words that start with F

Put finger to thumb for every a, the tester names off a set of letters (bcamnoa etc)

Say a list a set of numbers forward, another set backwards

Identity pictures

Draw a cube

Draw a clock as it appears at _____

Repeat a set of 5 words. This one is similar to the delay of 5 minutes as you use the same word.

Subtract 7 from 100, countdown by 7's

I mixed the order up

What ones do you think are the 5 hardest questions that Trump was referring to?

Vagabond

What ones do you think are the 5 hardest questions that Trump was referring to?
I read that he said that the last five were the hardest. But some are multi-part questions, and I am inclined to disbelieve him when he implies that there were only five tough questions.

I would guess that the question about the similarity between a watch and a ruler was difficult for him, especially if he was trying to figure out how he was similar to a watch. :shuffle:

once_upon

I would say the finger to your thumb every a.
The 100-7, etc. one
What do these words have in common
Remember sets of words 5 minutes later
Repeating a series of numbers forward and a series of numbers backwards.

Some of these questions are used in concussion assessment

once_upon

I read that he said that the last five were the hardest. But some are multi-part questions, and I am inclined to disbelieve him when he implies that there were only five tough questions.

I would guess that the question about the similarity between a watch and a ruler was difficult for him, especially if he was trying to figure out how he was similar to a watch. :shuffle:
I mixed up the order so the last five questions aren't recognizable.

once_upon

Didnt someone say that DeVos' brother has a militia for hire business when troops stormed the streets of DC for his bible moment?

I wonder if they are any part of the military forces or hired killers?

Susan1

I mixed up the order so the last five questions aren't recognizable.
There are 2 versions. One had an elephant, the other does not. He probably did the one that had the rhino. And said it was an elephant. He said he answered all 35 questions. You can only get 30 points.

The last SIX questions on either one are: date, month, year, day, place, city. The last 5 were hard?

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Okay let's not exaggerate. Trump is not sending troops into the cities. He did threaten to do that at the beginning of June but that isn't what he is doing at this point. These are agents from various federal law enforcement agencies. Troops means the military.

Its reported that Customs and Border Patrol is being deployed in Portland but for these other cities, here is how AP describes it:

Usually, the Justice Department sends agents under its own umbrella, like agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives or the Drug Enforcement Agency. But this surge effort will include at least 100 Department of Homeland Security Investigations officers working in the region who generally conduct drug trafficking and child exploitation investigations.

The issue is what they are doing, how they are doing it, and what the purpose is. Its all a political ploy for election purposes to create a narrative for Trump to claim he is keeping people safe from lawless Democratic cities. And as we've seen in Portland in the process agents have kidnapped people and used chemical agents like tear gas. It doesn't have to be troops to be terrifying.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Here's an article about how Trump insists polls are wrong and his advisors humor him by telling him he's leading in Maine:

Along with a number of other things, I was quite astounded (or maybe shouldn't be because what else could you expect) that Trump in the interview would adamantly say the polls are wrong. Again calling them out as fake news because that is the only way he can communicate with his supporters. He doesn't get that those who are still sitting on the fence about who to vote for are the ones he has to convince. He doesn't need to convince his base because they just follow him blindly.

With regards social media and commenting, I have stopped following one of my local politicians who I don't like but because he represents me I feel it is important to do so. Even if you dare ask a question in response to something he posts that might sound like it doesn't agree with him, you get attacked by his rabid supporters who are ultra conservative. I just gave up. People are generally so rude these days. There is no point even engaging with them.

skatemomaz

Resist
Okay let's not exaggerate. Trump is not sending troops into the cities. He did threaten to do that at the beginning of June but that isn't what he is doing at this point. These are agents from various federal law enforcement agencies. Troops means the military.

Its reported that Customs and Border Patrol is being deployed in Portland but for these other cities, here is how AP describes it:

The issue is what they are doing, how they are doing it, and what the purpose is. Its all a political ploy for election purposes to create a narrative for Trump to claim he is keeping people safe from lawless Democratic cities. And as we've seen in Portland in the process agents have kidnapped people and used chemical agents like tear gas. It doesn't have to be troops to be terrifying.
Agreed, this is not the military, but at least visually many of them look an awful lot like the military. Dressing in camouflage certainly evokes an image of troops.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Agreed, this is not the military, but at least visually many of them look an awful lot like the military. Dressing in camouflage certainly evokes an image of troops.

That has certainly been the case in Portland--and obviously intentional.

I'm not sure about these current deployments to Chicago and Albuquerque though. They seem different. They are nonetheless part of fulfilling a campaign narrative. Mark Sumner writes at Daily Kos today:

And then Barr played on the major theme of the day by blaming an increase in violent crime noted in some cities directly on the protests against racist police murders. Barr called the protests “an extreme reaction” to Floyd’s murder, and then said: “We have seen then is a significant increase in violent crime in many cities. And this rise is a direct result of the attack on the police forces and the weakening of police forces."

Barr and the more cognitively functional members of the Trump administration have smelled an opportunity. As they are claiming Biden wants to "Defund Police" their hope is to tag Democrats as being radically anti-police at the same time they play up crime in cities by highlighting their sending in federal agents. This is actually potentially a more effective tactic than what they have been doing in Portland.

MacMadame

Staying at home
Right. They are Federal Law Enforcement Officers, and they shouldn't be dressed like they are going into Fallujah.
Pentagon is not amused:

ETA and also:

canbelto

Well that didn't take long. The second rebooted crud presser quickly turned into a rant about Democratic cities and how he's sending in federal law enforcement. Also, continuing to say that kids can't get it and can't spread it.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
It bears repeating that we came close to having the regular US military (not the National Guard) deployed to cities in June. Units were called up by Trump and stationed at military bases near D.C. at the beginning of June. And Sen. Tom Cotton published an op-ed in the New York Times calling for putting the US military on the ground in US cities in response to protests.

Its also extremely irregular to be deploying Customs and Border Patrol agents in a US city as the Trump administration has done in Portland--unidentified and in camoflage.

So we may be seeing differing tactics being used in different places but all of them are extremely disturbing.

Susan1

Some people have multiple Facebook accounts so they can do things somewhat anonymously. The problem is, if you follow even the most basic security/privacy recommendations, you would make it so that the public can't see your photos or non-public post and your friend's list and you'd put a profile pic that isn't you. Yes, fake accounts do that too. Oh well.

Thanks. I kind of get how it works. I just don't understand what he thinks my motivation would be for being a fake account - just because I don't want to see trump posts? I checked my privacy settings. I wondered since I switched to the new FB layout. They are all set to just "friends". It always has been. So - if I am in a group that you have to be approved to be part of, the other group members can't see stuff? I clicked on the picture of one of the jerks and I could see his friends and photos. But I've been to other people's pages who are not friends and it has the basics and it says to send them an invitation to "see what she shares with friends" or something like that.

p.s. no new notifications of nasty messages. I get some things on my home page from my groups. Tonight, the whiny one has two - mask mandate (and I am not opening it to read those comments) and a notice for a fundraiser for our downtown theater that was refurbished and reopened after 40 years of being something else. Otherwise I have to open the group. OT - it used to say how many new messages next to each group. Now it doesn't. I have to open them to see if there are new messages, which is too much trouble.

Fiero425

Ohio House speaker, 4 others arrested in $60M bribery case

- https://news.yahoo.com/feds-detail-charges-60m-ohio-141735347.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=2_04 -

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — The powerful Republican speaker of the Ohio House and four associates were arrested Tuesday in a $60 million federal bribery case connected to a taxpayer-funded bailout of Ohio’s two nuclear power plants.

Hours after FBI agents raided Speaker Larry Householder’s farm, U.S. Attorney David DeVillers described the ploy as likely the largest bribery and money-laundering scheme that had "ever been perpetrated against the people of the state of Ohio.”

Gov. Mike DeWine, also a Republican, called on Householder to resign immediately, saying it would be impossible for him to be an effective legislative leader given the charges against him. The head of the Ohio Republican Party, the state attorney general and the Senate president also urged Householder to step down. The leaders of the House Republican Caucus called the allegations shocking but stopped short of asking Householder to resign.

….
Typical really! Conservatives and Republicans are always pointing the finger, but rarely ostracize or try to bring to justice anyone within their own shady ranks! My question is "has Trump rubbed off on Republicans or visa/versa? ;-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information