Dangers of a Trump Presidency--Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

VGThuy

I find this tweet to be so true:

Thinking back at some of the few Trump supporters I communicate with, I hate to say it, but I think they really do believe everyone in the world is wrong and only Trump is right because they can comprehend what Trump says or at least project what they want him to say. They don't want to go out of their comfort zones and actually learn things. It's very Flat Earther because most of them are that way because they rather believe they're unique and special as opposed to what science says and they simply cannot comprehend physics/astrophysics/astronomy; it's too hard for them so they jump into the pseudoscience because they think their shallow observations confirm it.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
I find this tweet to be so true:

Thinking back at some of the few Trump supporters I communicate with, I hate to say it, but I think they really do believe everyone in the world is wrong and only Trump is right because they can comprehend what Trump says or at least project what they want him to say. They don't want to go out of their comfort zones and actually learn things. It's very Flat Earther because most of them are that way because they rather believe they're unique and special as opposed to what science says and they simply cannot comprehend physics/astrophysics/astronomy; it's too hard for them so they jump into the pseudoscience because they think their shallow observations confirm it.
Totally agree with you.

And they are the ones you see on the racist rants and losing their sh*t over being told to wear a mask. Or losing their jobs because they caught filmed on behaviour behaving badly towards others.

And I hate saying things like this, yet they are the ones accusing "lefties" of being irrational and losing their sh*t. A friend keeps saying to me how are people going to react if Trump wins in a landslide in November. I would be more concerned about what happens if Trump loses in a landslide. His supporters are the ones with the guns.

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
An interesting thing about Trump supporters. So when he came out in support of masks, many of them were tweeting stuff like, "Awesome! Now the lefties won't wear them!" and "Washington Post will write about how masks are unpatriotic."

So much projection there. Just because their knee-jerk reaction to Obama was to believe the opposite of whatever they say, they think people on the other side are the same.

ballettmaus

Four times when Trump has publicly extended his best wishes to people charged with federal crimes by DOJ: Roger Stone, Michael Flynn, Paul Manafort — and now Ghislaine Maxwell.

It's a signal.

Yeah, I don't think they were well wishes per se.

Vagabond

Ghislaine Maxwell won't stand trial until July 2021 at the earliest and might face charges in other jurisdictions even if Trump pardons her. Trump might pardon her, but pardoning this particular personal friend for child trafficking might do him more harm than good.

ETA: :duh: But maybe he thinks he'll still be President in July 2021. :unsure: :scream:

Last edited:

MacMadame

Staying at home
All of that is true but I don't think Trump thinks that way. Also, if she has witnessed him having sex with under-aged girls, that would be extremely damaging to him and could even put him in prison. So it might be worth it to him to pardone her in exchange for silence even if he takes a hit to his popularity or reputation.

ErikWilliam

Ghislaine Maxwell won't stand trial until July 2021 at the earliest and might face charges in other jurisdictions even if Trump pardons her. Trump might pardon her, but pardoning this particular personal friend for child trafficking might do him more harm than good.

ETA: :duh: But maybe he thinks he'll still be President in July 2021. :unsure: :scream:

What harm? He's got the Senate who will NEVER remove him through impeachment even if he is obviously guilty of crimes. He's stacked the DOJ with Barr, who is functionally a mob lawyer doing his Don's bidding and cover-ups. His followers are delusional and cult-like and only believe his "truth". He won't be harmed. I find it quite depressing that it will take someone as absolutely horribly awful, corrupt, demented, evil, dishonest, racist, etc as Trump to convince 'moderates' to vote Dem. Pence would probably win in a landslide if he was running because he can at least not act like a crazy lunatic all the time in public.

ErikWilliam

The trick to the subtract by 7 question according to my mom is to subtract 10 and then add 3. You're welcome.

She clearly has a very high cognitive ability. (Also, she's kind of brilliant, because with her way it's so easy, I still had to think my way back 7 at a time from 100!! But maybe that's the whole point of the exam, to figure it out with your noggin)

This is kind of random, but back in the 80s/90s there was an informercial for a school study/exam program called "Where There's a Will There's an A". Anyone remember that? I was so scared I'd flunk out of college or not get into the grad school of my choice or ANY grad school that I convinced my parents to buy the course for me. This program was bizarre. To learn numbers and dates you needed to learn their system using sounds to say a number, like the number one has a K sound, the number two has an S, or something of that sort, so that you can remember the number 12 by the word 'kiss'. I actually tried to learn it and implement it, but I was like "I can't even make up a word for the date of the Battle of Antietam, why not just learn the damn DATE in the first place?!?!" Obviously I was not smart enough for that course, but I did get my 4.0 degree.... and the grad school of my choice!!! lol

ETA: I misremembered the Battle of Antietam. I thought it was 10/17/1862. I failed. It actually was 9/17/1862. Bummer.... maybe I should have committed completely to WTAWTAA.... eek

Last edited:

Susan1

The trick to the subtract by 7 question according to my mom is to subtract 10 and then add 3. You're welcome.
Yeah, that's like the way I've always done time. Like when people have to count the hours from 8-5 one at a time on their fingers. You just do 8 to 8 (for 12 hours) and 5 is 3 less than 8, so 12-3 = 9. It's faster to do than to explain.

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
I'm curious how the Q-Anon whack jobs (nicest term for them, tbh) view Trump's wishing Ghislaine well. I'm sure the Trump diehards are just writing her into some new branch of the conspiracy, but I would hope those with an ounce of ethics would be horrified their saviour is openly supporting one of their big bads.

I can't imagine the level of delusion and depravity required to be a Q-follower. And yet they keep finding new inexpiable levels.

I do that, but then I second-guess myself and sometimes need to review it with 3s & 4s or 5s & 2s.

And then I get mad that I succumbed to a mix of bad teachers and such in hating math when I was younger, because it's yet another reminder Math can be fun!

Susan1

Guess what! I am a "communist snowflake". ha ha ha ha ha

I was reading the whiny Miamisburg page and there was a trump meme. I "reported it" for hate speech. It says doing that is confidential. Three more showed up. And I hit "hide" for that person and reported those too. So the admin POSTED ON THE PAGE that I reported that person's posts. And I got all kinds of mean and nasty f-worded comments back, to go away and something about Democrats hating the first and second amendments. I thought they had some rules about stuff like that. I guess not. The page is supposed to be to talk about things that are going on in and around Miamisburg, like the people who posted about the BLM events, or someone looking for a dog park or offering to do yard work or whatever. And all the people fighting back and forth about mask wearing. But, geez. Can't they find a dark, sleazy hole somewhere where their trumpiness is appreciated? I wouldn't copy stuff from Occupy Democrats to there or any FB group.

One guy complained that my profile picture was a bunch of random teddy bears, that I must be too ugly or it was a fake account. Fake account, who am I really, Goldilocks? They are all so hateful and stupid. Not all, there are a couple of females who were calling the original poster a pervert for previous comments. I wrote that I thought it was not a political page, and that I only looked at the page every week or so to see what people were whining about. I replied TO the guy about the teddy bears that it was from when people were supposed to put bears in their windows and I didn't have any windows where they could be seen from the street. He "liked" it. Then another guy replied that he liked teddy bears.

I don't have many pictures in my FB file to use for a profile picture. I do not have any current pictures of myself. Yes, I am too ugly. I can't get to all of my pictures on my old computer without having the internet on it. So I changed my profile picture to my flying nun ravioli that is on here. I was going to change it to a meme of Joe Biden or Hillary or President Obama off the internet, but I figured I better not.

It's a sick world out there. And they are in my same city. They can find me.

Spikefan

I was reading the whiny Miamisburg page and there was a trump meme. I "reported it" for hate speech. It says doing that is confidential. Three more showed up. And I hit "hide" for that person and reported those too. So the admin POSTED ON THE PAGE that I reported that person's posts. And I got all kinds of mean and nasty f-worded comments back, to go away and something about Democrats hating the first and second amendments. I thought they had some rules about stuff like that. I guess not. The page is supposed to be to talk about things that are going on in and around Miamisburg, like the people who posted about the BLM events, or someone looking for a dog park or offering to do yard work or whatever. And all the people fighting back and forth about mask wearing. But, geez. Can't they find a dark, sleazy hole somewhere where their trumpiness is appreciated? I wouldn't copy stuff from Occupy Democrats to there or any FB group.

One guy complained that my profile picture was a bunch of random teddy bears, that I must be too ugly or it was a fake account. Fake account, who am I really, Goldilocks? They are all so hateful and stupid. Not all, there are a couple of females who were calling the original poster a pervert for previous comments. I wrote that I thought it was not a political page, and that I only looked at the page every week or so to see what people were whining about. I replied TO the guy about the teddy bears that it was from when people were supposed to put bears in their windows and I didn't have any windows where they could be seen from the street. He "liked" it. Then another guy replied that he liked teddy bears.

I don't have many pictures in my FB file to use for a profile picture. I do not have any current pictures of myself. Yes, I am too ugly. I can't get to all of my pictures on my old computer without having the internet on it. So I changed my profile picture to my flying nun ravioli that is on here. I was going to change it to a meme of Joe Biden or Hillary or President Obama off the internet, but I figured I better not.

That’s shameful that your identity was exposed. Hopefully the people just like to troll on the internet and will leave you alone beyond that.

canbelto

I'm sorry that happened to you. You can block the page and also the worst offenders on that page.

Susan1

I'm sorry that happened to you. You can block the page and also the worst offenders on that page.
Holy crap - "Profile is fake. Come out of mommy's basement you f*cking crybaby" I PUT THE STAR IN THERE.

Should I tell him my mommy is dead and I don't have a basement? WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?????

I tried to block the person who put the trump propaganda. More showed up. I guess this one is next. It's not like I can report him. The admin is posting in the same thread, so duh. I didn't want to block the whole page, or I'd just unsign-up. You have to join the group. Some things are informative. Like Kroger is always out of milk. It's a terrible store. The clerks should all be fired. ha ha

I STILL don't understand the "profile is fake" thing. Does he think I am an anti-trump bot? Is there such a thing? With pictures of teddy bears and flying nun ravioli? WTH. All you have to do is click on my name. It says I live in Miamisburg and went to Miamisburg and Sinclair (community college) and worked at NCR. I don't have any other personal information on there. Can someone in a group see your friends (I only have 4, I think. Three of them do not live in Ohio. I unfriended trumpers four years ago, and other people along the way who I friended and then never posted anything.) or that I like Do You Remember and Crusoe and Celebrity Dachshund. Yeah, that's got to be a fake account. ha ha

My stomach hurts. Time for DeWine anyway....

MacMadame

Staying at home
I STILL don't understand the "profile is fake" thing.
Some people have multiple Facebook accounts so they can do things somewhat anonymously. The problem is, if you follow even the most basic security/privacy recommendations, you would make it so that the public can't see your photos or non-public post and your friend's list and you'd put a profile pic that isn't you. Yes, fake accounts do that too. Oh well.

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
@Andora I haven't seen them respond yet to the "wish her the best" comment, because the Q Nuts were in melt down mode over getting limited/banned on Twitter.

I got in a Twitter argument with one of them and asked what they thought of that, and they ignored that and called me a sheep. Baa.

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
@Andora I haven't seen them respond yet to the "wish her the best" comment, because the Q Nuts were in melt down mode over getting limited/banned on Twitter.

I got in a Twitter argument with one of them and asked what they thought of that, and they ignored that and called me a sheep. Baa.

Effing snowflakes. The whole lot of them.

canbelto

Trump ambassador to UK accused of making racist, sexist remarks. He also owns the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information