Dangers of a Trump Presidency--Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacMadame

Staying at home
:lol: I wonder how far he got past 93. They typically stop the test taker if they can do the first subtraction. That whole interview was just bizarre. He makes it so easy for Biden's ad team.
In the article I posted a link to, there is another article that says that Trump's team has decided not to harp on Biden's mental acuity anymore. Good call. Nothing they hit Biden with seems to stick and I think it's because whatever it is, Trump is worse on that measure.

Also, I was so intrigued by the whole subtract down from 7 thing that now when I get bored counting down from 100 to fall asleep, I do that instead. :lol:

MacMadame

Staying at home
I'm bad at math. I would fail the 100-7 = 93, 93-7=86, then would really have to think about it
I made myself do arithmetic in my head to get stronger at arithmetic. I found it easier to do subtractions with certain numbers so I do it that way. i.e., I would do it as 86 - 6 is 80 and minus 1 more is 79. 72 is easy as the next one. Then 72 - 2 = 70 and minus 5 more is also easy, 65. Generally around here is when I start making mistakes though. :D

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher

Susan1

In the article I posted a link to, there is another article that says that Trump's team has decided not to harp on Biden's mental acuity anymore. Good call. Nothing they hit Biden with seems to stick and I think it's because whatever it is, Trump is worse on that measure.

Also, I was so intrigued by the whole subtract down from 7 thing that now when I get bored counting down from 100 to fall asleep, I do that instead. :lol:

I mentioned before that a few years ago when I was told that count back by 7s was going to be on the test, I practiced. And then it wasn't. I did have to do simple math in my head though. I really would not be able to remember the five things five minutes later, unless I wrote them down myself somewhere and then could picture what I wrote. I just looked at the test and I can't remember them now. But I remember "truck, cabin, spoon" from the Alzheimer's episodes on Grey's Anatomy. Also, would you have to draw the numbers on the clock in order? I would do the 12, then the 6, then the 3, then the 9 and put the 1, 2, etc. in so they would be spaced correctly (anal, I know).

Sparks

I took the test last year as part of a Medicare physical.
The count back by 7 was the hardest question. I said, 93 then raised my voice and told the nurse, "Don't ever ask me about numbers!". You are expected to do it fast, and I got anxiety.
Most of the questions are basically a MMSE, which I used when I was a Psych clinician.
If he had this test in November during his mysterious trip to Walter Reed, that tells me he had some sort of stroke or a TIA.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I took the test last year as part of a Medicare physical.
The count back by 7 was the hardest question. I said, 93 then raised my voice and told the nurse, "Don't ever ask me about numbers!". You are expected to do it fast, and I got anxiety.
Most of the questions are basically a MMSE, which I used when I was a Psych clinician.
If he had this test in November during his mysterious trip to Walter Reed, that tells me he had some sort of stroke or a TIA.
we used to have patients do this when doing interventional radiography studies on patients who'd had a stroke. They only had to count a couple of iterations then they'd move on to the next question. It's if you can that's relevant, not your math skills. And, I've never heard anybody bragging about how they aced the test. Ever. It had no bearing on intelligence but just your cognitive function at that particular moment.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
we used to have patients do this when doing interventional radiography studies on patients who'd had a stroke. They only had to count a couple of iterations then they'd move on to the next question. It's if you can that's relevant, not your math skills. And, I've never heard anybody bragging about how they aced the test. Ever. It had no bearing on intelligence but just your cognitive function at that particular moment.
That part of the interview was really weird. The fact that he brags about it and then says to Chris Wallace "you couldn't pass the test". WTF?

Those "press briefings" are just going to provide more ammunition for Trump to hang himself. They didn't work before and they are certainly not going to work now. I think he is just trying to poke the bear (being the media) and hoping that strategy works for his supporters. Because I think he has lost pretty much everyone else.

Last edited:

Dobre

I think he is just trying to poke the bear (being the media) and hoping that strategy works for his supporters.

I think he realized that the Tulsa & Arizona rallies backfired polling-wise, the GOP Convention in Florida is looking more & more crumbly, and even interviews on Fox are not working so he is resorting back to trying to control his own narrative on TV. (If he could control his own narrative the first time around, they wouldn't have needed to end in the first place. Some people should never be handed a microphone).

DHS is getting ready to deploy agents to Chicago. Trump also wants to send them to New York and Philadelphia. https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...a42b8a-caaa-11ea-89ce-ac7d5e4a5a38_story.html
And Oakland.

:angryfire

Vagabond

The New York State Police found Mr. Den Hollander’s body near Liberty, N.Y. — about a two-hour drive from the judge’s home — after he shot himself in an apparent suicide, officials said.
I hope that he's the one who did it because the alternative is that the killer is still on the loose.

Vagabond

“We won two world wars, two world wars, beautiful world wars that were vicious and horrible, and we won them out of Fort Bragg,” Mr. Trump said. “We won them out of all of these forts, and now they want to throw those names away.”

:wall:

MsZem

"We won two world wars, two world wars, beautiful world wars that were vicious and horrible, and we won them out of Fort Bragg,” Mr. Trump said. “We won them out of all of these forts, and now they want to throw those names away."

:wall:
As to that:

caseyedwards

“General and future president Grant intended that the Confederate soldiers would not face treason trials and severe punishments.” Time to redo history!! Get all those confederates convicted of treason! The peace was all wrong! Got to fix the peace!

ErikWilliam

I mentioned before that a few years ago when I was told that count back by 7s was going to be on the test, I practiced. And then it wasn't. I did have to do simple math in my head though. I really would not be able to remember the five things five minutes later, unless I wrote them down myself somewhere and then could picture what I wrote. I just looked at the test and I can't remember them now. But I remember "truck, cabin, spoon" from the Alzheimer's episodes on Grey's Anatomy. Also, would you have to draw the numbers on the clock in order? I would do the 12, then the 6, then the 3, then the 9 and put the 1, 2, etc. in so they would be spaced correctly (anal, I know).

I am hit or miss with remembering certain words. I'm presently couch potatoing watching Classic Concentration and sometimes I'm good and other times I'm pathetic. I do still remember the five words when I took the test two weeks ago, though: Face, Velvet, Church, Daisy, Red.

The clock is something that many many people miss, surprisingly. It's not just being able to correctly number the clock it's also to check if you can think where the minute and hour hands are supposed to be. Many people forget that the hour hand also moves slowly so let's say you are supposed to draw 2:30 you are supposed to put the minute hand on 6 and the hour hand halfway between 2 and 3, which is what most of the people who miss it do wrong.

Anyway, I'm relieved Trump's advisers are trying to have him cool it with the "Biden is senile" angle. Every time Trump speaks it is CLEAR there is significant cognitive impairment there. The whole "Biden is Corrupt" angle is also just as laughable.

Also, I don't feel comfortable making fun of a senior with cognitive decline. I feel sorry for them. Biden isn't as sharp as he was four years ago, it's evident, but he is still able to speak in complete sentences and convey his thoughts appropriately. Trump has hardly shown that. Everything is beautiful, wonderful, the best, etc where those words really don't make sense. Two 'beautiful' world wars????? The MoCA test was a 'beautiful' test? Who talks like that? So, I'm walking for me a fine line between seemingly making fun of Trump and just calling out his total negligence and unfitness for office. I hope that's clear.

Susan1

I am hit or miss with remembering certain words. I'm presently couch potatoing watching Classic Concentration and sometimes I'm good and other times I'm pathetic. I do still remember the five words when I took the test two weeks ago, though: Face, Velvet, Church, Daisy, Red.
I'll remember them two weeks from now. ha ha I don't remember them now though. Watching current Jeopardy! reruns, if I didn't know it the first time, I'm not going to remember it this time. I like the old, old ones now. I knew the whole 80's t.v. category. I wouldn't know the 2020's t.v. questions.

I used to be able to remember what I wrote on my grocery list a day ago if I didn't have it with me. Now I forget what wrote the minute I stand up. But I know every word of the oldies and classic rock songs I am listening to on the internet. Important stuff. :)

canbelto

Cachoo

So Trump went to a fundraiser last night in close proximity with people without a mask. Guess the mask wearing Trump didn't last long.

Don't worry he's taken hydroxychloroquine! Btw I have elderly people calling asking where they can get hydroxychloroquine because that f***wit promoted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information