Dangers of a Trump Presidency--Part 7

VGThuy

He is relying on his base being the silent majority and carrying him to a win.

Honestly, do we still trust polling after 2016?
More like a silent plurality who shows up and hoping the others don't in three states to make up the margin of error in the polls. I don't think the message from 2016 was to throw away all polls, but learn how to read them better. The only thing keeping Trump afloat is his electoral college advantage and hoping that those who would vote for Biden will stay home the way they did for Hillary.

caseyedwards

How do you know it was from torture? European intelligence has also confirmed the Russian bounties.

People in the Trump Administration leak information for all sorts of reasons, like rivalry.
So If it’s a total fact Russia sent money to Afghans to kill Americans and trumps policy was then to withdraw all Americans from Afghanistan and Try to make peace with Russia was bad? Sanctions on Russia can’t get any tougher! You either have to go to total Cuba like embargo or regime change war

CaliSteve

So If it’s a total fact Russia sent money to Afghans to kill Americans and trumps policy was then to withdraw all Americans from Afghanistan and Try to make peace with Russia was bad?
No this is not a fact. We don't really know Russia's motives for the bounties. However, officials said they might include retaliation for the U.S. military’s 2018 killing of Russian mercenary troops working for Yevgeniy Prigozhin, an oligarch with links to Putin, in Syria, or simply, as one official put it, an attempt to “muddy the negotiations on Afghanistan by throwing a stick in that.”

Sanctions on Russia can’t get any tougher! You either have to go to total Cuba like embargo or regime change war
They could add further restrictions in the areas of financial transactions.

Tony Wheeler

Biden on IG fired back at the gaffe (intentional, I’m sure) that Trump made earlier and yet in the comments you have the trolls saying this never happened because they can’t find his Tweet. I mean, I know the majority of these comments are bots (accounts with 0 followers and 0 pictures) but this literally is the same excuse every single time. Or that it was on CNN (mind you, and every other news outlet) so it is fake.

It’s so pathetic to see how delusional these people pretend to be and how they all roll with the same narrative that is most likely initiated by bots or trolls.

caseyedwards

No this is not a fact. We don't really know Russia's motives for the bounties. However, officials said they might include retaliation for the U.S. military’s 2018 killing of Russian mercenary troops working for Yevgeniy Prigozhin, an oligarch with links to Putin, in Syria, or simply, as one official put it, an attempt to “muddy the negotiations on Afghanistan by throwing a stick in that.”

They could add further restrictions in the areas of financial transactions.
One of the only things left is sovereign debt and these are the other two countries that have that sanction

“the United States has sanctioned the sovereign debt of other countries, including Iran and Venezuela.“

So that is left. Making nuclear power and one of Europe’s biggest trading partners on par with iran and venezuela

That’s why it hasn’t been done. It’s called nuclear option

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
He also said in the Tweet: “Corrupt Joe [Biden] is shot. See you soon!!!"
Apparently, he’s been querying staffers on what new name he should call Biden since “Sleepy Joe” doesn’t seem to be working. This is his biggest concern right now?

Cachoo

So Trump is a racist traitor? Oh gee, color me surprised. Don’t you remember his absolute glee when he had the Russians in the Oval Office and was complaining to them about James Comey? He had just taken office. And I think you can look at his business practices to see the bigotry. Posting the “white power” tweet is a signal to the racists that he really needs their votes.

VGThuy

Apparently, he’s been querying staffers on what new name he should call Biden since “Sleepy Joe” doesn’t seem to be working. This is his biggest concern right now?
He's been trying so hard to make a nickname stick against Biden. It worked so well for Hillary (Crooked Hillary/Corrupt Kaine) but it isn't working so well against Biden. The best thing about Biden so far is that he sort of has a Trump effect in that no criticism really sticks on him because not enough people care about any past indiscretions he's made. I underestimated that effect. It must irk him that, so far, his usual tactics don't work on a seasoned white male straight politician with ties to Obama, a President who is much more generally-liked and popular than Trump can ever dream of being. The only people who value Trump are those who are ride-or-die and the kinds of people he personally would not want to associate himself with if he wasn't courting their votes. That and those corporation types who sold their soul and humanity. Of course, when people get desperate, things may change and his fans and bots will start some hashtag campaign to make some nickname stick.

Last edited:

ballettmaus

I'm reading that there is an Afghanistan briefing this afternoon and it's for Republicans only. This contempt for Congress and the military and especially the soliders who died just makes me furious and want to cry. Is there nothing Democrats can do about that? How can it be that they can be just left out of the loop on such a matter simply because the President doesn't want them to be involved? :mad:

Cachoo

Do you remember those honey badger videos on YouTube: "Honey badger don't give a s*." That reminds of Cheeto and *********... You can't insult something that doesn't care: "*********--19 don't give a s*." In a way it is the perfect foil for Trump. I still wish it would go away.

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
I'm reading that there is an Afghanistan briefing this afternoon and it's for Republicans only. This contempt for Congress and the military and especially the soliders who died just makes me furious and want to cry. Is there nothing Democrats can do about that? How can it be that they can be just left out of the loop on such a matter simply because the President doesn't want them to be involved? :mad:
I saw someone on the Twitters speculating that he was reminding them of all the kompromat Russia has on them. :shuffle:

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
Will this be the last straw for a lot of the military families? If they turn their backs on Trump, they don't even have to vote for Biden and it will help. I can't use all my military relatives to gauge this because none of them are Trump supporters, but there was that NYT article a couple weeks ago about the military moms being fed up with him and now this.

caseyedwards

What would the military families want? There are already tons of crippling sanctions on Russia. There’s no place else to go but war really. They want war with Russia? Bombing of Moscow? Do people not think this was kept secret and nothing was done as to not make war with Russia inevitable? Isn’t that a valuable thing?

once_upon

New condo owner
Wait...what the hell are you saying...I know I've had a couple of glasses of wine, but what the hell are you saying?

caseyedwards

Russia is already under crippling and devastating sanctions. The whole country! So Russia then decides to get revenge on America by killing US troops in Afghanistan! Making that Public could mean people want US to declare war on Russia. So keep it secret and punish Russia through existing sanctions but also try to make peace with Russia and also take troops out of Afghanistan. 20 year war already. Peace with Russia must be priority not war with Russia or treating Russia Like Iran or North Korea or Cuba. That will make Russia kill more Americans not less

ballettmaus

Article on what Trump phone calls to foreign leaders were/are like.

It's not really anything new but what got to me is that there are so, so many officials who witnessed what those calls were like. They were concerned he might be a risk to national security and still, they remained the f*ck silent. Not a single one had the guts to come forward and testify. Not even during the impeachment hearings. Not a single one who had the guts to leak even one of those transcripts which aren't meant to be classified as long as they are only embarrassing to the President. No, they all kept their mouth shut. They are all as guilty as Trump himself and as far as I'm concerned, not one of them should ever dare call himself a patriot ever again. There is nothing patriotic about covering for an autocrat who they think might endanger the country. And if they really think that the calls were so bad that even Republicans would have changed their mind then there was a change he could have been convicted and removed. But they stay silent, so the deaths of 125,000 Americans is on them as well.
And the foreign countries who remained silent are complicit as well. Especially Germany. Germans know better than anyone else what happens when you just stand by and watch while an autocrat gains more and more power. Inexcusable.

ETA: Why is there no possible means for anyone to get to that classified server? There is the suspicion of abuse and there is an EO stating what can and can't be on there, so there should be a way to declassify everything that shouldn't be on there.

Last edited:

caseyedwards

Article on what Trump phone calls to foreign leaders were/are like.

It's not really anything new but what got to me is that there are so, so many officials who witnessed what those calls were like. They were concerned he might be a risk to national security and still, they remained the f*ck silent. Not a single one had the guts to come forward and testify. Not even during the impeachment hearings. Not a single one who had the guts to leak even one of those transcripts which aren't meant to be classified as long as they are only embarrassing to the President. No, they all kept their mouth shut. They are all as guilty as Trump himself and as far as I'm concerned, not one of them should ever dare call himself a patriot ever again. There is nothing patriotic about covering for an autocrat who they think might endanger the country. And if they really think that the calls were so bad that even Republicans would have changed their mind then there was a change he could have been convicted and removed. But they stay silent, so the deaths of 125,000 Americans is on them as well.
And the foreign countries who remained silent are complicit as well. Especially Germany. Germans know better than anyone else what happens when you just stand by and watch while an autocrat gains more and more power. Inexcusable.

ETA: Why is there no possible means for anyone to get to that classified server? There is the suspicion of abuse and there is an EO stating what can and can't be on there, so there should be a way to declassify everything that shouldn't be on there.
What do you think the number one reason is why these people didn’t unite to remove trump by 25th amendment? Is it really “we can fix him” like some movie character?!

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
You would have to ask them.

Perhaps they believe if they were visible dumping Trump, two things would happen.

1. They would lose their job, be tweeted about, be doxxed, and have their life ruined, and possibly be accused of some bogus crime by Barr and waste tons of money on lawyers. Then they would have to write a book in the hope they can pay all those bills. They have the examples of Jim Comey, Andy McCabe, and Col. Vinman etc to show this is likely.
2. Trump will still be in office, and will still be the Republican nominee in 2020, because that's how things have worked so far.

Their best option is probably leaking...and all parts of the administration have been leaking like the Titanic.

ErikWilliam

I'm reading more and more chatter that REPs are increasingly considering encouraging Trump not to re-run. If I were them, I'd tread carefully with that. Trump might do even more damage as a third party write-in to the REP's success than Perot in 1992. Trump fanatics are hardcore. In fact, I don't see that being out of the question. Trump is such a narcissist that if he knows he's going to lose if polling continues to get worse, I can see him trying to save face and refuse to run as the REP candidate and then start his own Trump Party. So he doesn't 'lose' the election and he 'wins' by continuing to receive his loyalists' votes and support.

Last edited:

caseyedwards

I'm reading more and more chatter that REPs are increasingly considering encouraging Trump not to re-run. If I were them, I'd tread carefully with that. Trump might do even more damage as a third party write-in to the REP's success than Perot in 1992. Trump fanatics are hardcore.
The issue is that trump has absolutely no chance to win. They may want him to run independent so that republicans can all support Romney or Kasich or rubio and their more moderate and or anti trump people

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Three A's, T&M, P&C
I'm reading more and more chatter that REPs are increasingly considering encouraging Trump not to re-run. If I were them, I'd tread carefully with that. Trump might do even more damage as a third party write-in to the REP's success than Perot in 1992. Trump fanatics are hardcore. In fact, I don't see that being out of the question. Trump is such a narcissist that if he knows he's going to lose if polling continues to get worse, I can see him trying to save face and refuse to run as the REP candidate and then start his own Trump Party. So he doesn't 'lose' the election and he 'wins' by continuing to receive his loyalists' votes and support.
I don’t think he will run as a third party. He will run as a Republican and take the party down with him. That would be an ok scenario.

Heaven forbid, he may just manage to win the electoral college, like he did in 2016. You can never count him out. I don’t think he is counting himself out either. His evil mind could come up with something that helps him win. He has powerful allies in Barr, McConnell and the rest of the GOP.

Four more months, anything can happen. I don’t see him quitting.

caseyedwards

Here is the Fox News story about trump thinking about dropping out

Fox really wants trump out! They have had it

Dobre

Convincing Trump not to run would probably be about saving the chance for republicans to win races other than that of the presidency.

once_upon

New condo owner
Another fairly plausible situation. He signs an EO to delay indefinitely the November election. Because there is no election, he argues to the SCOUS that he must be retained in office until it is safe to hold elections again. Kavenhaugh and all agree the President's responsibility to the US people is their safety. Under his EO, it never becomes safe to hold National elections.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 12, Guests: 14)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information