Dangers of a Trump Presidency--Part 7

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
On Hannity he's saying AGAIN "if we didn't do testing there'd be no cases." My god.
I really don't get why he's so hellbent on repeating this
Because he can’t bully or insult a *****. It’s a situation he hasn’t any clue as how to deal with it, so he’s trying to hide the crud. Trying to manipulate the numbers. Fewer tests means fewer cases discovered, the numbers go down, so (he thinks) he’s winning. The problem is this is a reality he cannot hide from.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Actually I wondered about that and I think you’re wise to do have them on ignore.
I had the same thought as @Vagabond , then I noticed the show ignored content in your post. I too have that person on ignore and it sometimes gets confusing when others are responding to them. Not your fault. It does help to check if that comment shows up in a post that I wonder about. Then I have an aha moment and move on.

once_upon

New condo owner
Reporting says Trump will not be going to his NJ golf club this weekend. Maybe someone suggested it wouldn't be a good idea given the 14 day quarantine mandate and his falling numbers in how he is handling the current crisis?

MacMadame

Staying at home
Staff member
Because he can’t bully or insult a *****. It’s a situation he hasn’t any clue as how to deal with it, so he’s trying to hide the crud. Trying to manipulate the numbers. Fewer tests means fewer cases discovered, the numbers go down, so (he thinks) he’s winning. The problem is this is a reality he cannot hide from.
He's also latched onto this "there are so many names for this" as if that has anything to do with anything. There are a couple of different names for Swine Flu too. And for flowers and plants that have common names that vary by geography and also a scientific name. Again, what does this have to do with anything?

Sparks

Reporting says Trump will not be going to his NJ golf club this weekend. Maybe someone suggested it wouldn't be a good idea given the 14 day quarantine mandate and his falling numbers in how he is handling the current crisis?
Yes. He just came back from Oklahoma and Arizona with increasing cases. He has to SIP.

VGThuy

Less than five months before the election, more than half of Americans — 58 percent — disapprove of the president’s job while in office, according to the poll. That includes 49 percent of Americans overall who strongly disapprove of Trump’s job performance. By comparison, 40 percent of Americans approve of the president’s job so far, including 26 percent who strongly approve. Among registered voters, 57 percent disapproved and 41 percent approved of the president.

Vagabond

Or he tested positive....
🤔 Maybe his manager at Bedminster told him that going there would cause pause paying customers to stay away and be a revenue drain. (I don't know whether anyone can pay to play around of golf there, but usually club members pay for various services as well as food and beverages.)

CaliSteve

🤔 Maybe his manager at Bedminster told him that going there would cause pause paying customers to stay away and be a revenue drain. (I don't know whether anyone can pay to play around of golf there, but usually club members pay for various services as well as food and beverages.)
That is a possibility, but I doubt that Trump would take recommendations from a manager at his country club, and I'm guessing most of the members are supporters and don't care.

Optics could also be a reason for not showing up. Refusing to wear a mask, not taking the required temp. check, golfing during a *********, etc.

ballettmaus

He's also latched onto this "there are so many names for this" as if that has anything to do with anything.
The best I can come up with is that he wants to imply that the many names show it's not as serious, as in people can't even agree on what to call it so how do we know everything else they say is true.

MacMadame

Staying at home
Staff member
The best I can come up with is that he wants to imply that the many names show it's not as serious, as in people can't even agree on what to call it so how do we know everything else they say is true.
That sounds about right.

But it's weird because, as I said, we have so many names for lots of things. So what?

Susan1

He's also latched onto this "there are so many names for this" as if that has anything to do with anything. There are a couple of different names for Swine Flu too. And for flowers and plants that have common names that vary by geography and also a scientific name. Again, what does this have to do with anything?
And he has to use the worse ones.
Inexcusable Ignorance: Trump Doesn’t Know What the “19” In “*********-19” Means

Misc. (re - he really doesn't want to be president) -

"Trump posed in the sun Tuesday in Yuma, Arizona, before some steel slats that make up part of a border barrier forever in progress. There, a reporter from the Fox News affiliate in Phoenix asked him to respond to Biden, who has said he cannot guarantee the project would continue if he's elected.

No, he’ll complete it. You’d have a revolution if they didn’t do it," Trump replied in part. "

Also -

"But presented the chance Thursday -- host Sean Hannity asked Trump to name his "top priority items for a second term" -- Trump became distracted with old grievances and never ultimately named a single goal.

"One of the things that will be really great -- the word experience is still good, I always say talent is more important than experience, I've always said that -- but the word experience is a very important word, a very important meaning," Trump said. "

Great plan.

canbelto

So while VP was blankly emphasizing "good" news in the briefing, Trump was ... tweeting about statues. I can't.

caseyedwards

And he has to use the worse ones.
Inexcusable Ignorance: Trump Doesn’t Know What the “19” In “*********-19” Means

Misc. (re - he really doesn't want to be president) -

"Trump posed in the sun Tuesday in Yuma, Arizona, before some steel slats that make up part of a border barrier forever in progress. There, a reporter from the Fox News affiliate in Phoenix asked him to respond to Biden, who has said he cannot guarantee the project would continue if he's elected.

No, he’ll complete it. You’d have a revolution if they didn’t do it," Trump replied in part. "

Also -

"But presented the chance Thursday -- host Sean Hannity asked Trump to name his "top priority items for a second term" -- Trump became distracted with old grievances and never ultimately named a single goal.

"One of the things that will be really great -- the word experience is still good, I always say talent is more important than experience, I've always said that -- but the word experience is a very important word, a very important meaning," Trump said. "

Great plan.
Hannity interrupted trump to ask about Bolton. It’s right in the segment. I was disappointed when i saw that Hannity interrupted trump to talk about Bolton. I expected to see what the story was about. That trump was asked and a question and never answered but he was clearly interrupted

Last edited:

FiveRinger

There are about 10001 names that we call Trump. Unfortunately because he’s got the codes we have to take him seriously.

caseyedwards

I think people knew putin was paying afghans to kill Americans in Afghanistan but now it’s a story in NYT. So whats the proper response to Putin killing Americans in Afghanistan. What would biden do to russia today?

caseyedwards

So the right response is to Vote for Biden so Biden does...what? Send a strongly worded letter to Putin? Any more sanctions and you get total cuba style embargo. Sanctions can’t go any further without ending all trade and travel and business

clairecloutier

I wish everyone in the US could read this article. It confirms everything most of us feel about Trump (and worse):

Interesting. I follow Casler on Twitter, so I already knew some of this, but there were still some surprises in there.

What didn't surprise me were his comments on Ivanka. She repulses me almost as much as her father does. The sight of both of them makes me sick ....

Susan1

Interesting. I follow Casler on Twitter, so I already knew some of this, but there were still some surprises in there.

What didn't surprise me were his comments on Ivanka. She repulses me almost as much as her father does. The sight of both of them makes me sick ....
Sounds like the "unreal" Mary Trump stuff (bathroom thing). People have been saying he's on Adderall for years. How did we get stuck with a drug addicted president and nobody cared four years ago? He should be arrested and put away immediately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 8, Guests: 8)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information