Dangers of a Trump Presidency--Part 7

MacMadame

Staying at home
Staff member
I saw a picture of Trump wearing a mask. So he did wear one for at least part of the tour. However, he didn't want the media to see him wearing it (and said so).

Because he's a petulant man-baby who is more concerned with "sticking it" to his perceived enemies than in leading.

snoopy

That’s true but the press is childish too because they won’t stop talking about whether trump wears a mask or not. Any tv news on the treaty withdrawal? Barely. But Trump and the mask is all over the place. Trump and tv press were made for each other.

once_upon

New condo owner
Oh good Trump declares houses of worship essential to the country. And will override any governor who tries to keep them under phasing opening.

once_upon

New condo owner
He has no authority to do that. He's an ass.
I think his comment was something to the effect "if they have any questions about it, they can call me but they wont like the answer" or something like that.

Brix just named Nebraska as one of the states with increasing cases.

ETA Despite being deemed an essential business and I wont be going to in person.

Sparks

President Trump says the country must reopen churches and other places of worship because they are essential. He said, “If they don’t do it, I will override the governors.” The President left without taking questions.

ErikWilliam

So Trump's "miracle drug" more likely to cause death among C19 patients:

Does anyone doubt that he is actually taking this drug? Especially for prophylaxis? It is untested and unapproved for this use. I cannot believe any doctor would prescribe this dangerous drug, let alone to the president!!! This is so unbelievably reckless. Then again that would describe Trump’s entire response to this whole *********.

Last edited:

Susan1

Oh good Trump declares houses of worship essential to the country. And will override any governor who tries to keep them under phasing opening.
Tell the moron it's not up to the governors. In one of my Ohio updates I said that Governor DeWine said it has always been up to the churches whether they wanted to keep their congregation safe or not. And also a couple days ago I posted that I just got a letter from my church with the rules/changes/schedule for reopening this Monday - Archdiocese of Cincinnati (Catholic) rules, including if you are old or at risk, still stay home. The Sunday obligation can be fulfilled any day of the week to spread people out; no more than 100 inside; masks (provided); pews roped off; no processions or holy water or physical contact, etc. My cousin's church is not opening up till the following Monday - Archdiocese of Columbus.

Vagabond

If anyone believes that Trump will send in the military to open up mosques in San Francisco, please send me a private message. I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

MacMadame

Staying at home
Staff member
The governors have the authority to set the standards and make laws. Counties can make laws that are stricter. But Dewine is correct that it's up to the churches/businesses themselves if they want to open up once they are allowed to. The government can't make you open up. They can only allow it.

Spikefan

An article about what's behind Trump's sudden order: slipping approval ratings from white evangelicals. I'm shocked. I always thought they were the most die-hard of Trump's base.

My in-laws evangelical church is still closed even though they could open. It is good to see that their leaders are listening to the health officials. He really is only playing to the fringe of the evangelical group.

ballettmaus

Trump raised and discussed the possibility of nuclear tests last week. (Because, apparently, there's nothing more urgent going on in the country?) https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...05c904-9c5b-11ea-b60c-3be060a4f8e1_story.html

The matter came up at a meeting of senior officials representing the top national security agencies May 15, following accusations from administration officials that Russia and China are conducting low-yield nuclear tests — an assertion that has not been substantiated by publicly available evidence and that both countries have denied.

The meeting did not conclude with any agreement to conduct a test, but a senior administration official said the proposal is “very much an ongoing conversation.” Another person familiar with the meeting, however, said a decision was ultimately made to take other measures in response to threats posed by Russia and China and avoid a resumption of testing.

The United States has not conducted a nuclear test explosion since September 1992, and nuclear nonproliferation advocates warned that doing so now could have destabilizing consequences.
Not to mention environmental consequences!

caseyedwards

Amazing how everything leaks except for ********* documents and plans being thrown away! Who are these people? This meeting was May 15th and has leaked completely and totally on May 22nd while throwing out ********* plans was done early 2017 and leaked in 2020!! These people are EVIL!!!!!!

MacMadame

Staying at home
Staff member
Honest, I think in theory it's fine for a President to get some exercise and/or take a mental break even during a long-running emergency. It's only bad right now because Trump is doing so little and most of what he's doing is making things worse.

Susan1

Honest, I think in theory it's fine for a President to get some exercise and/or take a mental break even during a long-running emergency. It's only bad right now because Trump is doing so little and most of what he's doing is making things worse.
It's not exactly the first time he's taken a "break".

Imagine what $134,000,000 could pay for.

caseyedwards

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
He doesn’t exercise because he believes a person has a finite reservoir of energy and doesn’t want to use his too soon.
After college, after Trump mostly gave up his personal athletic interests, he came to view time spent playing sports as time wasted. Trump believed the human body was like a battery, with a finite amount of energy, which exercise only depleted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information