Dangers of a Trump Presidency--Part 7

nylynnr

Let me try again: that's a far reach back to soft-pedal the actions of a president who does have an unprecedented amount of dislike/discord for his immediate predecessor.
I don't think the dislike shared between Trump and Obama is any stronger than that between many other legislators throughout U.S. history. The difference is discord is now amplified via twitter and cable news, and declining standards of research and sourcing at papers of record like NYT and WaPo. Also, standards of behavior have changed greatly over the past decade of so; Trump's comments concerning opponents and members of the press include personal insults about intelligence and character, and Democrats in turn feel comfortable shouting things like, "We're going to impeach the m*****f****r." Everything changes over time and it's just a different game.

caseyedwards

UK has 35 thousand deaths and US has 92 thousand. UK seems to have done really bad With 0.87% of worlds population . That has to be worse than trump

b-man

It does seem like Obama was telling trump not to hire flynn because he was talking to russian ambassador! Then comey and Obama discussed doing investigation of flynn for violating logan act. Then comey leaked Flynn’s name to wapo and then sent FBI agents to interview flynn to see if he lied about the calls and he did! So potentially comey was doing this whole personal flynn investigation and it got flynn fired. Which then got comey fired! No matter what the spin around this there is a real story here! Not a conspiracy story. But a fact based story of comey taking out flynn.
This is essentially correct, but only a small part of the story of the attempted coup by the Obama/ Clinton secret police. The secret police being Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Brennan, Clapper and others. They weren't working for the people of the USA, they were working to undue an election on behalf of Obama/ Clinton. They readily adopted the phony Steele dossier paid for by Hillary and the DNC, used it to obtain FISA surveillance warrants using error ridden FISA applications to spy on the Trump Admin. They leaked the clearly phony Steele dossier to a non critical media. Neither the media nor the FBI made serious attempts to question the dossier, whose own author admitted in a British court it was unverified. Even the NYT, very late in the game, admitted it was probably Russian disinformation.

Yes, Flynn talked to the Russian ambassador on multiple occasions, he also talked to 50 other ambassadors during the transition as part of his job. Peter Strzok tried to extend the Flynn investigation in Jan 2017 using the Logan act as a pretext as he had no legitimate reason to continue the investigation. It's interesting, the original notes of the FBI interview with Flynn are "missing", and current notes appear doctored. The FBI unveiled their perjury trap shortly after the inauguration. Flynn had a lousy legal team, lost $5 million in legal fees and his house, and pleaded guilty when Mueller henchman Weissman threatened to prosecute Flynn's son for failure to register as a lobbyist.

The FBI also inserted a mole, Stephan Halper, into the Trump campaign, to cause discord and bring an additional pretext for FBI surveillance. There have been thousands of pages, dozens of books written on this subject, most ignored, suppressed or distorted by the progressive MSM, and here as well, the last 3+ years. No, I don't want to spend hours coming up with dozens of citations to support this, its all out there in the public domain. Hopefully, prosecutor Durham, who reports say has a grand jury convened, will get some indictments. Possible charges, fraud on FISA court, lying to Congress, conspiracy, deprivation of civil rights under color of law, and more.

MacMadame

Staying at home
Staff member
Not usually, no, unless you are going on a public thoroughfare.
I would have said not even then. But apparently you do. But only in states where driving them on the street is legal to start with.

Lots of people who don't drive have driver's licenses. Once you get one, you just keep renewing it (with some exceptions). Also, even if his license expired, the height on it would still be 6'2"

Vagabond

Lots of people who don't drive have driver's licenses.
No kidding. But this is what I said:
Trump has a driver's license? I wonder when was the last time he drove a car? :unsure:
If the reality of his lifestyle before he took office was anything like how he presented it to be, I would suppose he has had someone else drive him for many years.

I can't really see him running out from one of his country clubs to get some groceries so that Melania could whip up one of her favorite Slovenian recipes, but maybe.... 🤷‍♂️

MacMadame

Staying at home
Staff member
I can't really see him running out from one of his country clubs to get some groceries so that Melania could whip up one of her favorite Slovenian recipes, but maybe.... 🤷‍♂️
Well we know he doesn't do that because he apparently doesn't even know how grocery stores work. (The claim you show ID at them.)

FiveRinger

Trump says he's withholding funding from MI and NV if they do voting by mail.

Note that these are states that he has a strong likelihood of losing in November. Everyday we continue to see that a narcissistic dictator is in the WH.

caseyedwards

This is essentially correct, but only a small part of the story of the attempted coup by the Obama/ Clinton secret police. The secret police being Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Brennan, Clapper and others. They weren't working for the people of the USA, they were working to undue an election on behalf of Obama/ Clinton. They readily adopted the phony Steele dossier paid for by Hillary and the DNC, used it to obtain FISA surveillance warrants using error ridden FISA applications to spy on the Trump Admin. They leaked the clearly phony Steele dossier to a non critical media. Neither the media nor the FBI made serious attempts to question the dossier, whose own author admitted in a British court it was unverified. Even the NYT, very late in the game, admitted it was probably Russian disinformation.

Yes, Flynn talked to the Russian ambassador on multiple occasions, he also talked to 50 other ambassadors during the transition as part of his job. Peter Strzok tried to extend the Flynn investigation in Jan 2017 using the Logan act as a pretext as he had no legitimate reason to continue the investigation. It's interesting, the original notes of the FBI interview with Flynn are "missing", and current notes appear doctored. The FBI unveiled their perjury trap shortly after the inauguration. Flynn had a lousy legal team, lost $5 million in legal fees and his house, and pleaded guilty when Mueller henchman Weissman threatened to prosecute Flynn's son for failure to register as a lobbyist.

The FBI also inserted a mole, Stephan Halper, into the Trump campaign, to cause discord and bring an additional pretext for FBI surveillance. There have been thousands of pages, dozens of books written on this subject, most ignored, suppressed or distorted by the progressive MSM, and here as well, the last 3+ years. No, I don't want to spend hours coming up with dozens of citations to support this, its all out there in the public domain. Hopefully, prosecutor Durham, who reports say has a grand jury convened, will get some indictments. Possible charges, fraud on FISA court, lying to Congress, conspiracy, deprivation of civil rights under color of law, and more.
Well there is stuff Here from the mueller report, Horowitz report, Herridge stories at Fox and CBS. There are a lot of facts here but I do feel the framing could be turned around and make Obama look good in many ways! I do feel a problem is MSM seeing any discussion of halper and mifsud as being part of right wing conspiracy theory. It’s not RWCT to talk about Mifsud, halper and dossier. It’s amazing how big a project this was and how many layers there were!

MacMadame

Staying at home
Staff member
This is essentially correct, but only a small part of the story of the attempted coup by the Obama/ Clinton secret police.
According to Donald Trump, a President can investigate anyone they want and stop investigating anyone they want. Hence, by definition, Obama did nothing wrong.

Of course, in real life, and not in bizarro-land, he also did nothing wrong. Not to mention, if he really wanted to give the election to Clinton, he could have done so much more including opening an investigation into Donald Trump, himself.

I find your claim that Comey is part of this supposedly secret cabal to be particularly illogical given that his actions in telling Congress that he was re-opening the investigation into Clinton's emails are part of what tanked her candidacy.

ballettmaus

Obama Administration officials should give Lindsey’s subpoenas the same respect Trump’s people gave to those various House Committee subpoenas.
On the one hand, they should. On the other hand, let them testify. They did everything by the book. It's the Trump people who had the contacts with a foreign government/foreign officials that raised alarms with the IC, so, if Republicans want to remind voters so shortly before the election that Trump is a corrupt Putin-puppet and if Republicans also want to show voters that they prefer to spend their time going after debunked conspiracy theories rather than helping voters and the country during a *********... (Democrats just need to use that to their advantage!)

Last edited:

skateboy

They're wasting precious tax dollars time at a time when 91,000 Americans are dead and counting and people need help to get on their feet. No low seems too low for them and I find it all so infuriating and in a way, disgusting. Have they no shame? No honor whatsoever? No dignity? Are they really so blinded by power that they're willing to go to any length and any low to please someone as inhumane and cruel as Trump?
I'm convinced Trump is paying them all off in big ways. I can't think of any other reason any of them would back this clown.

caseyedwards

I'm convinced Trump is paying them all off in big ways. I can't think of any other reason any of them would back this clown.
Trump has no Money! The republicans plan is to destroy the base and make a new base of Romney republicans. They thought they could do this in 2016. Why didn’t they block trump at the convention or something? They thought he would be Goldwater. After Goldwater lost the establishment retook control

caseyedwards

But the thing is because of trump republicans lost all the Koch money. The koch money is far more than any trump money fundraising. So it wouldn’t make sense to choose trump over koch unless there was some alternate plan

MacMadame

Staying at home
Staff member
I read an article about it in the Before Times. Maybe I can find it again. But the fundraising $$ were significant especially at a time when Trump's endorsement was considered a good thing that got you votes.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Article about how Europe views Trump these days and are looking to China for economic stimulus.

For all Trump's carry on about China to help his re-election, it is just strengthening China's position as the dominant world player.

And Trump is accusing China of "mass worldwide killing".

Last edited:

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
Trump says he's withholding funding from MI and NV if they do voting by mail.

Which actually IS illegal.

18 U.S. Code § 598.Coercion by means of relief appropriation

Whoever uses any part of any appropriation made by Congress for work relief, relief, or for increasing employment by providing loans and grants for public-works projects, or exercises or administers any authority conferred by any Appropriation Act for the purpose of interfering with, restraining, or coercing any individual in the exercise of his right to vote at any election, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

mag

Interesting update / summary of what is happening in the Mike Flynn case and the fired Inspectors General (State and Transportation)

ETA: Some more news about investigations at the State Department

Last edited:

mag

This is a bit rich of Eric Trump, especially considering the Republicans used Ebola scare tactics before a mid term election when Obama was President and then dropped pretty much all mention of it the day after the election.

Not to mention, thinking this plague is in anyway a hoax, and actually saying so on national TV, is just too stupid to contemplate.

ballettmaus

Which actually IS illegal.
And exactly what he tried to do before when he said blue states had to give him something to get federal aid. And that makes it very hard for me to understand why anyone would still be in denial over Ukraine. He's doing it over and over again and publicly, in front of TV cameras. This is not a transcript or summary or a report. We see him do it. Again and again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 17)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information