Dangers of a Trump Presidency--Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Japanfan

WTF? Does he only view this as a ratings hit?

And just when you thought he couldn't set the bar any lower - down it goes again.

Fiero425

There is no bottom. Now he is spreading a lie that medical personnel are stealing masks etc. and selling them. How disgusting can he get?

Trump's proved he can go lower then low! The disgusting part is the support he maintains while others either make excuses for him or deflect pointing the finger somewhere else! :duh: :confused: :wall:

mag

skatesindreams

The people involved in the manufacturing of medical supplies that was discussed during last night's "briefing" were "sucking up" to Trump, in a big way.

ballettmaus

The DOJ is looking into the stock transactions made by lawmakers. I'm surprised. (Although, I expect that nothing will come of it, so they can say they looked into it but there was nothing there). https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/29/politics/justice-stock-trades-lawmakers-coronavirus/index.html

The inquiry, which is still in its early stages and being done in coordination with the Securities and Exchange Commission, has so far included outreach from the FBI to at least one lawmaker, Sen. Richard Burr, seeking information about the trades, according to one of the sources.

There's no indication that any of the sales, including Burr's, broke any laws or ran afoul of Senate rules. But the sales have come under fire after senators received closed-door briefings about the virus over the past several weeks — before the market began trending downward. It is routine for the FBI and SEC to review stock trades when there is public question about their propriety.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter

Susan1

The N95 mask sterilization machines were approved late last night, so maybe DeWine getting trump involved helped a little bit. Until he takes credit for the whole thing. Or he has GOP doctors and nurses go on t.v. and thank him for helping them stay alive. :wall:

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
Also, yes he tested negative,
so he said.
So CNN ran a segment talking about what was wrong with the photo taken during that bill signing. They came up with two things: no social distancing and no democrats. To me, the most obvious problem was it was all oldish white men except Elaine Chow, who is married to the oldest whitest man of all.
That crowd all crammed together behind him look like a breeding ground. Then he hands out pens! Maybe it’s a good thing he was so petty to not have any Dems there.

Vagabond

That crowd all crammed together behind him look like a breeding ground. Then he hands out pens! Maybe it’s a good thing he was so petty to not have any Dems there.
Or perhaps the Democrats he invited knew what would be coming and did not want to put there lives at stake. :shuffle:

sk9tingfan

So CNN ran a segment talking about what was wrong with the photo taken during that bill signing. They came up with two things: no social distancing and no democrats. To me, the most obvious problem was it was all oldish white men except Elaine Chow, who is married to the oldest whitest man of all.

I recently visited (early Feb.) my cousin who lives in Tucson. During conversation about the Trump administration, she told me that she had been extremely friendly with Elaine Chau's parents and knew Elaine as she grew up in Harrison, NY. You could have knocked me over with a feather. Chau's parents were obviously Republican but my cousin was the ward district leader for the Democrats. I asked my cousin, as she told me that Chau's parents were very traditional, how they dealt with McConnell not being Chinese. She said that they were grateful that Chau married at all.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
so he said.

So glad the Dems were either not invited or they wisely decided to protect themselves by staying home. The bill was already passed. The signing was for photo op.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Postponing the 2020 elections was mentioned on one of the cable networks (probably CNN). Trump does not have the power to postpone the elections. Only Congress does. I won’t be surprised if Trump pressures the republicans to try to postpone the elections, if he is far behind in the polls.

I really hope the C19 situation is under control long before October, for multiple reasons (not just the elections).

Last edited:

Susan1

so he said.

When Governor DeWine signed that bill last week (yesterday, last year, I've lost track of time?), he used five pens and put them all back in their slots in a box. Maybe they get sterilized before he hands them out???

caseyedwards

I don’t agree with ballot harvesting. I don’t find it trustworthy. And if you skip early voting, skip Election Day, miss your deadline for absentee that should be it. Sorry you lost your chance. Republicans in California and republicans nationwide oppose giving their ballots to strangers. Republicans in California did a study because they need to do ballot harvesting to compete anymore but their voters said they’d never give their ballot to a stranger and just trust them to deliver it.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter

MacMadame

Doing all the things
We should probably have a separate thread for the politics of a pan d*m ic (but we can't use that word in the title)

caseyedwards

From FB - "Trump’s pants are on fire again! "Italy has a population of about 60 million and has done approximately 454,000 tests, meaning 1 in 133 people are being tested there — about three times more, per capita, than in the U.S.” "

And, duh - https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/30/trump-republican-party-voting-reform-********
Italy is like Seoul and South Korea. Extraordinarily densely populated. How many does America have to test to get to that per capita?!?

mag

The ship has sailed for testing and contact tracing for many if not most of the US and Canada. Physical distance, ramping up hospital capacity, testing healthcare workers, testing anywhere that could become a hotspot (old age homes, high density housing, medical facilities etc) and high risk populations with symptoms should be the focus. Getting high risk people medical care sooner rather than later is so important. I realize places like NY are even past that and have entered survival mode like Italy 🙁

Once the peak has passed and the hospitals settle down then testing for antibodies, and going back to testing and contact tracing to keep things under control will be key.

skatingguy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information