Dangers of a Trump Presidency--Part 7

mag

@ballettmaus If they had not followed up the “entitlements” question with something specific about Medicare and Medicaid, I would suggest that it is possible Trump doesn’t understand what entitlement programs are. His answer, “...Trump responded: "At the right time, we will take a look at that."...” is the kind of answer he often gives when he doesn’t understand the question.

ballettmaus

@ballettmaus If they had not followed up the “entitlements” question with something specific about Medicare and Medicaid, I would suggest that it is possible Trump doesn’t understand what entitlement programs are. His answer, “...Trump responded: "At the right time, we will take a look at that."...” is the kind of answer he often gives when he doesn’t understand the question.
So... more or less everything he's asked? ;)

ballettmaus

The new travel ban may include Belarus, Myanmar, Eritrea, Kyrgyzstan, Nigeria, Sudan and Tanzania. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51210953

Mr Trump confirmed that more countries will be added.

"You see what's going on in the world, our country has to be safe," he told reporters at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland on Wednesday.
Yes, I mean, you always have multiple lists/options when it's about national security threats and you basically hear that they've arrested another terrorist from any of these countries every day. :saint:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Three A's, T&M, P&C
I am on a cruise in Mexico. In Puerto Vallarta I saw a sign near a street vendor; 'Trump sandwich. Full of baloney. Dipped in Russian sauce'. I wanted to take a picture but I had left my cell phone in the room.

Fiero425

People talk about Bloomberg’s and buffets taxes but they don’t talk about their social security checks
It's amazing how some of these old fks with money up the wazzoo actually file and receive Social Security! I still remember seeing Reagans tax return where he got SS along with his Presidential pension! These rich a-holes are cleaning up while complaining about "welfare queens" and people on "food stamps!" We deserve to be fk'd over when this is well known, but don't seem to care! :duh:

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
Rich peopld paid into Social Security. They just need to pay more in, not to fail to be paid.

The surest way to lose Social Security is to make receiving it contingent on who someone is rather than on what they did or did not pay in.

Pretty soon no one will be poor enough to qualify.

Fiero425

Rich peopld paid into Social Security. They just need to pay more in, not to fail to be paid.

The surest way to lose Social Security is to make receiving it contingent on who someone is rather than on what they did or did not pay in.

Pretty soon no one will be poor enough to qualify.
:duh: The way I see it, a minimal amount is paid by rich folks which is supposed to support the elderly! When the rich person becomes older with all their $$, they're taking money from poor people so they can pocket "tip cash!" You only get benefits if you sign up for it and I can't imagine pulling up in my limo to sign up for that meager amount! It's insane and I don't GAF someone made a contribution! I make contributions to charities all the time and I don't necessarily take anything, including their gifts of a t-shirt or candy! I do more by not being so mercenary! :duh:

demetriosj

It's amazing how some of these old fks with money up the wazzoo actually file and receive Social Security!\
These "old fks with money" worked their butts off and earned (and contributed to) the Social Security benefits. Why shouldn't they receive them? I guess you need to define "with money". How much is too much to get your ss benefits, according to you?

ErikWilliam

I think the only people who should lose anything - health care, social security, food stamps, etc. - are people who voted for trump. They should get what they deserve.
Though I wouldn’t go that far, I am lacking empathy for those farmers who support Trump that have gone into bankruptcy. Too bad, so sad, next time use better judgement is how I feel.

caseyedwards

Beyond the pale:

There’s no way he apologizes for his belief losing a limb is worse than concussion

Susan1

Mike Pompeo getting feisty with a reporter. Stupid, stupid man. Has anyone else noticed that he whispers when he is lying?

Isn't he the one that I said sort of chuckles when he is caught lying during interviews?

Anyway -
"He used the F-word in that sentence and many others," Kelly said. "He asked if I could find Ukraine on a map. I said yes, and he called out for aides to bring us a map of the world with no writing. I pointed to Ukraine. He put the map away."

Pompeo, in his Saturday statement, suggested Kelly, a long-time reporter, did not correctly identify the location of Ukraine on the map. "It is worth noting that Bangladesh is NOT Ukraine," Pompeo's statement said."

WTH? I could not identify Ukraine on an unmarked map, but even I would get that it is next to Russia somewhere because I might have seen at least a minute of news in the past few months, and she is an experienced reporter asking about Ukraine. Of course she didn't point to Bangladesh. Again, even I know it is clear down by India (thanks to George Harrison 50 years ago. ha ha), which I could pick out on a map. That is almost as much of a childish stunt as trump pulls all the time (maps - where's the sharpie? have trump point out Ukraine). Maybe he meant to say she picked out Belarus and got auto-corrected. What a jerk.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Or maybe he doesn't know where Bangladesh is.

seriously though, this is a highly disturbing incident in terms of a government official treating a member of the media disrespectfully because he only wants softball questions. Its a blatant attempt to intimidate the media, as well as the perform the narrative of the media as enemy to enrage the base.

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
Though I wouldn’t go that far, I am lacking empathy for those farmers who support Trump that have gone into bankruptcy. Too bad, so sad, next time use better judgement is how I feel.
I get this, and sometimes despair to feel this way. But haven't these people been failed to some degree, too?

In an unevenly-growing world that leans on lies or too many truths, how can we blame some voters who have little hope of hearing something outside of their own echo chamber? People can say close to anything on TV, the radio, and now further on Podcasts, YouTube, etc.-- and those who go too far pay few enough consequences that it just goes on. When would they have learned better judgement-- in a public school system that's continually devalued and thus defunded every year? In post-secondary education they can't afford? Or in a field that doesn't particularly broaden their general scope-- such as some trades, the way we expect college and university degrees do? On the news channels that don't have to report facts and can insinuate anything they damn well please, and have been increasingly doing so for decades? It's harder to deny voters were actively bred to support parties that do not act in their interest, if not outright kept ignorant.

Honestly, I'm surprised Republicans have needed to resort to Gerrymandering as well, the more I think about it.

ballettmaus

Or maybe he doesn't know where Bangladesh is.

seriously though, this is a highly disturbing incident in terms of a government official treating a member of the media disrespectfully because he only wants softball questions. Its a blatant attempt to intimidate the media, as well as the perform the narrative of the media as enemy to enrage the base.
Apparently, it wasn't the first time Pompeo treated a journalist that way. Another (female) journalist said yesterday that he called her boss and tried to kill her stories while he was with the CI and she has heard from others that Pompeo has a temper.
https://twitter.com/JennaMC_Laugh/status/1220846140402425861

Simone411

May the odds be ever in your favor!
I think social security should be cut. Too many rich people are eligible
I'm glad that's your opinion and not mine. I started working at age 17 up until I was 52 years old when I acquired a life-threatening disease that nearly killed me.

For 35 years, FICA and Medicare was held out of each and every paycheck of mine. My whole life changed, and I became permanently disabled. I can no longer walk without a walker and also use a wheelchair since I can't stand and walk for long periods at a time.

I now depend on Social Security Disability and Medicaid helps pay the premium for my Medicare Part B. You stated that too many rich people are eligible. Think again. There are more people like me that have worked all their lives and are not rich as you think that qualify for Social Security at retirement age or when they become disabled like me.

We worked all our lives with FICA and Medicare taken out of every paycheck. Social Security and Social Security Disability isn't a hand out. We earned it, paid into it and I'll be damned if someone tries to say otherwise.

If Trump manages to beat this impeachment and manages to win the election for another 4 years, he will more than likely break his promise and take away our Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. If he succeeds, then he should be held responsible to reimburse all the FICA and Medicare taken out of every paycheck for however long they have worked to every citizen in these United States. My reimbursement would add up to 35 years worth of FICA and Medicare that was taken out of my paychecks.

Furthermore, this President of ours didn't believe in climate change or thought it was something made up. He should be held accountable for making those kind of statements because climate change is effecting more people from around the world than what he realizes.

Climate Change is causing our oceans, lakes and rivers to be infested with a flesh-eating bacteria/disease called Necrotizing Fasciitis. It's the disease that I had that nearly cost me my life and my leg.

Climate Change is a serious matter, and I can't begin to express how important it is for people to take caution if they have even a small cut on there legs, arms or any part of the body before they go into the oceans, rivers, lakes, etc. It may sound scary, and yes, it is scary because anyone can get this disease. Necrotizing Fasciitis doesn't care what age you are or anything else for that matter.

The article I'm going to share is about Climate Change and Necrotizing Fasciitis. This horrific disease took away a lot from me. I will never be the same, but yet, I'm one of the lucky ones because I still have my life and my leg. My leg may look like a shark ate chunks of it for breakfast, but at least I still have it. Most people aren't that lucky because most people lose their limbs regarding this disease, and sometimes, they lose their limbs and still die.

Is Flesh-Eating Bacteria On The Rise? Everything You Need To Know About Necrotizing Fasciitis.

Carolyn Fleming of Ellenton, Florida, may have been the latest person to die of a flesh-eating bacteria infection, which she contracted infection swimming off the coast of Anna Maria Island in Florida, her family says.

Cases of the deadly infection, called necrotizing fasciitis, may be on the rise because of climate change.

In fact, a study published last month in the Annals of Internal Medicine said that rising water temperatures in the Delaware Bay may be to blame for an increase in the number of cases of infections in the previously rarely affected waters. The authors of the study described five cases of Vibrio vulnificus necrotizing fasciitis that occurred during the summer of 2017 and 2018. In the eight years before 2017, the doctors saw only one case of the infection.

Fleming, on the other hand, acquired the infection in Florida waters, her family says, where the bacteria are naturally found.

“Vibrio vulnificus is a small problem but nevertheless significant. It can cause a nasty cellulitis in a small group of patients,” Morris said. “If you fall into one of these high-risk categories, people should be aware that there are bacteria in the water that can cause serious infections.”

According to the CDC, every year, 700 to 1,200 cases are diagnosed in the U.S., although the CDC notes that this is likely an underestimate. About 25 percent to 30 percent of those cases result in death.
The CDC is correct. It is underestimated. In 2016, the flood waters caused from Harvey in Houston were infested with Necrotizing Fasciitis. One man that was rescuing people from their homes nearly lost his arm because of it. The NF entered into his arm through a small open wound.

So our President doesn't believe or think there's any such thing as Climate Change. Wake up, Mr. President!! 🤪

skatesindreams

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 17)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information