Dangers of a Trump Presidency--Part 7

ballettmaus

As was pointed out, this speech was two years ago, so yeah it's from the same incident you remember. He misread the teleprompter and said born instead of torn.
I didn't see it at the time but whether he misspoke, misread or whatever, he should have realized it.

In other news, the US didn't want one of the invited speakers to speak at the NATO conference in Denmark, so Denmark decided to cancel it. http://atlant.dk/media/2062/nato-konference-aflysning-engelsk-page-001.jpg

Sparks

Then there is this. So much anti-Semitism and bigotry

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
:eek:

Here's the full quote according to the Independent:

“A lot of you are in the real estate business because I know you very well, you’re brutal killers. You’re not nice people at all, but you have to vote for me. You have no choice,” the president said.
Let's be clear, he wasn't speaking to a real estate group, he was speaking to a group called the Israeli American Council, he assumed that he was addressing Jews.

He's an antisemite.

Sparks

Yes he is.
"I've got black accountants at Trump Castle and at Trump Plaza. Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys wearing yarmulkes.... Those are the only kind of people I want counting my money. Nobody else... Besides that, I tell you something else. I think that's guy's lazy. And it's probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks."

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
:eek:

Here's the full quote according to the Independent:

Let's be clear, he wasn't speaking to a real estate group, he was speaking to a group called the Israeli American Council, he assumed that he was addressing Jews.

He's an antisemite.
And yet, they cheered and applauded.

ErikWilliam

Um.

We have an old toilet that was one of the first models of low-flow toilets, and it does indeed sometimes require multiple flushings.

But our other toilets are more recent models and they, shall we say, function quite effectively.

The plumber discussed this with me at some length when we were having the latter toilets installed and said that the older models were pretty bad but promised me that the new ones would work perfectly well. And he was right.

So.....maybe Trump needs some updated plumbing.
Yes, the first toilets that I had when I built my home were horrible but were the 'code'. Hardly anything would go down, especially if there was a lot of toilet paper. That was fifteen years ago. I have newer toilets now for seven years. Never a problem. Water pressure is just fine as well. I never flushed ten to fifteen times, but definitely two or three. But why is he fixating on this.....?

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Yes, the first toilets that I had when I built my home were horrible but were the 'code'. Hardly anything would go down, especially if there was a lot of toilet paper. That was fifteen years ago. I have newer toilets now for seven years. Never a problem. Water pressure is just fine as well. I never flushed ten to fifteen times, but definitely two or three. But why is he fixating on this.....?
Because he has sh*t for brains?

jeffisjeff

But why is he fixating on this.....?
Because he has sh*t for brains?
It is actually a pretty typical argument that conservatives, and in particular climate change deniers, will use to try to make fun of, and criticize, those who argue in favor of policies that conserve resources. If you listen to his whole statement regarding low flow toilets, faucets and showers, he is trying to make the point that they don't actually save any water and in some cases they even use more water! Those stupid liberals - their solutions don't work, they actually make things worse. As I said, this is fairly typical and he clearly knows the audience he is playing to.

MacMadame

Staying at home
Staff member
Another big point with them is that electric cars are not really better for the environment! It takes cobalt to make them! You are using dirty electricity (made from coal) to run them! The batteries can't be recycled!

Except many independent studies have shown that EVs are better for the environment than ICE (gas) cars.

For example, it takes cobalt to make gas too and more of it. There are lots of parts of a gas-burning car that can't be recycled as well. And less and less electricity is dirty. The stuff we get in California is almost entirely from clean sources. Dirty electricity accounts for 0.2%.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Three A's, T&M, P&C
Nato conference in Denmark was canceled because the US ambassador to Denmark would not allow a Trump critic to be the keynote speaker.So Denmark withdrew the invitation to the keynote speaker and then they canceled the conference.

Trump is disrupting the whole world. IMO Denmark should have been firm about their choice of a keynote speaker. They were the host. Why did they give in?

sjs5572

On a somewhat lighter note, thank goodness 45 is too busy eating Big Macs to care about The Olympics. Otherwise, the US would be forced into state sponsored doping and banned from the 2020-2026 Olympics!

Prancer

Needs More Sleep
Staff member
IMO Denmark should have been firm about their choice of a keynote speaker. They were the host. Why did they give in?
Because as it says in the very first couple of lines of the article, it was "an international conference hosted by the American embassy and a Danish think tank."

mag

canbelto

He also has a lot of support within Ultra-Orthodox communities in the U.S. There's a big rift between non-Orthodox Jews who overwhelmingly disapprove of him and the Ultra-Orthodox.

MsZem

Glorious:

Fiero425

He also has a lot of support within Ultra-Orthodox communities in the U.S. There's a big rift between non-Orthodox Jews who overwhelmingly disapprove of him and the Ultra-Orthodox.
Every country has people who prefer a-hole dictator types to run the show! It's happening all over the world! :duh: :wall:

just tuned in

Glorious:
Can someone please explain to me the significance of this? I cannot figure it out.

Sparks

Ivanka knew Steele and asked him to help with Trump's desire to expand his business overseas.
The AG report indicates that Steele wasn't a Trump hater, but had some sympathy for the family due to his friendship with Ivanka.

Last edited:

MacMadame

Staying at home
Staff member
It also indicates that they thought Steele was good at his job and not the hack they made him out to be once the dossier came to light.

snoopy

ballettmaus

MsZem

Trump wants to sign an executive order interpreting Judaism as a nationality. They say it's to combat anti-semitism on college campuses.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/10/politics/trump-order-judaism-nationality/index.html

How can a religion be a nationality?
Being Jewish is a religious, ethnic and national identity. This sometimes confuses people who only think of it as a religion.

I consider myself an Israeli first and foremost, but also a Jewish one, and it's not because I'm religious.

That said, there are better ways to combat antisemitism, and Trump can start by not engaging in antisemitic rhetoric himself.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Trump's ralley seems to have been something else.

Have to laugh about his claim about the country being united. He has been the most divisive political leader ever, not just the US but in the world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 15, Guests: 23)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information