Dangers of a Trump Presidency--Part 7

Susan1

Stephen Miller is the architect of Trumps anti-immigration policies and his "America First" messaging. This article in the NY Times looks at the groups Miller referenced in the recently released emails:

The White Nationalist Websites Cited by Stephen Miller
Not that trump can read. OR that writing letters ever does any good -

And a p.s on the trump/hospital thing - they said yesterday his WH doctor went with him. The doctor that could do the blood tests went with him to the hospital to get blood work done? Does the WH doctor usually go with him to physicals? One of the "doctor reporters" said it could be something neurological or mini-strokes.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I think the news media needs to keep pressuring the WH for more information on Trump's visit to the hospital but I think speculation is not useful. It could have been about anything; he is tremendously angry and that can create problems that don't reach the level of serious concern.

There's a long history of presidents health being not fully disclosed to the public, but it still galls me that they can't just trim the truth in Trump's WH they have to outright lie about it and then accuse anyone who doubts their clearly ridiculous claim about it being for a physical of being conspiracy mongers. :rolleyes:

Susan1

https://www.yahoo.com/news/stephanie-grisham-obama-trump-transition-you-will-fail-165033730.html

"Grisham was named press secretary this summer, moving over from the office of the first lady after a history of misstatements."
And she just added more. Desperate much?
A bunch of the comments underneath the article are what I was thinking. They just found these "books" after 3 years. How many press secretaries, and she comes up with this? A comment was that Sarah probably left the nasty notes for Stephanie. ha ha

Susan1

And a p.s on the trump/hospital thing - they said yesterday his WH doctor went with him. The doctor that could do the blood tests went with him to the hospital to get blood work done? Does the WH doctor usually go with him to physicals? One of the "doctor reporters" said it could be something neurological or mini-strokes.
p.p.s. - the president's WIFE did not know he went to the hospital. She is living in Maryland with her parents and son (so they can be close to his school - ha ha).

Vagabond

p.p.s. - the president's WIFE did not know he went to the hospital. She is living in Maryland with her parents and son (so they can be close to his school - ha ha).
I was surprised to find out from reading recent news reports how open Trump has become about the fact that Melania and he don't live together any more.

Vagabond

To be fair to the President :saint: he didn't say so in as many words. What he said was:
"I went for a physical, and I came back. My wife said, 'Darling, are you OK? What's wrong? Oh, they're reporting you may have had a heart attack.' I said, 'Why did I have a heart attack?' 'Because you went to Walter Reed Medical Center.' That's where we go when we get the physicals," the president said.
It sure makes it sound like Melania wasn't at the White House during any of this, didn't learn anything from any White House employee, and spoke with him by telephone. 🤷‍♂️

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Expect the GOP response to focus only on having Sondland repeat ad nauseum that Trump did not specifically say quid pro quo to him. Because that's all they've got.

Except sometimes he conveniently forgets some of his conversations because he's not a note taker. Except when there is documented evidence of what he did indeed say.

Now, they have to subpoena Bolton, Pence, Guiliani and Pompeo and all relevant documents.

Susan1

To be fair to the President :saint: he didn't say so in as many words. What he said was:

It sure makes it sound like Melania wasn't at the White House during any of this, didn't learn anything from any White House employee, and spoke with him by telephone. 🤷‍♂️
He always repeats her conversations as calling him darling. Yeah, sure. With her accent, maybe it's dirtbag or dingbat or dumbass. :)

caseyedwards

The Pentagon says that Trump pulling out of Syria is allowing ISIS to strengthen again. https://www.politico.com/news/2019/11/19/trump-syria-isis-071499

A NY Supreme Court judge ruled that the lawsuit filed against Trump by the former Apprentice contestant can go ahead. https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/19/politics/summer-zervos-trump-defamation-case/index.html
If the United States needs troops in Syria to fight isis then that is failure of imagination and lack of even looking for alternate ways of fighting isis.

Pentagon wants troops in Afghanistan forever. Wants troops in Syria forever. Something is wrong wirh those people

Zemgirl

caseyedwards

Scott Warren has been found not guilty in his second trial for proving aid to migrants in the desert.

I guess faith-based actions that help people in need are not to the Trump administration's liking.
These are horrifyingly dangerous people! When you create an expectation that crossing the desert will be safe more people will do it and more people will die. That’s why the best decisions was abolishing all water stations in the desert. People would get lost looking for them and die! All efforts must be made to establish orderly open borders at assigned areas.

mag

So assuming the State Department hands over those documents, would that not weaken their case with regard to the document being requested by the House Intelligence Committee? I mean if they can turn over communication Biden had with Ukraine, why not all the communication to do with Ukraine?

ballettmaus

So assuming the State Department hands over those documents, would that not weaken their case with regard to the document being requested by the House Intelligence Committee? I mean if they can turn over communication Biden had with Ukraine, why not all the communication to do with Ukraine?
Someone would have to make that argument and be willing to fight it out. Democrats have made it clear that they aren't willing to do either. Also, Graham hasn't given the State Department a deadline, so all they have to do is wait until handing over House documents becomes irrelevant because impeachment is over. And then Graham and Co will happily leak anything that is damaging to Biden. This is 2016 all over again, only on steroids.

mag

So Graham is doing what they couldn’t get the Ukrainians to do. Announce an investigation. It will be interesting to see if they actually do the investigation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 28)