Dangers of a Trump Presidency--Part 7

Susan1

I literally laughed out loud when I read about Trump's lawsuit plans. Why would any lawyer agree to this?
Why would anyone want to be trump's lawyer. 1. You're going to lose. #2. You probably won't get paid. #3. Nobody else will ever want to hire you (eh, except other criminals who think they have a better shot).

rvi5

I remember seeing TV programming promotional ads prior to the previous US elections. In the video clip, an interviewer (it sounded like Barbara Walters) asked Trump what he thought his biggest flaw was. He answered, “I don’t take criticism well”. Duh!

ETA: I think we can add more to the list now.

ballettmaus

But even as they did so, a Republican senator said that the decision to have Trump National Doral Miami, which is owned by the president’s company, host the conference of world leaders shows Trump’s “integrity.”

“It may seem careless politically, but on the other hand there’s tremendous integrity in his boldness and his transparency,” Cramer said.
:huh: He wouldn't be able to explain that by any chance, would he?

Susan1

:huh: He wouldn't be able to explain that by any chance, would he?
I hope they can keep it from happening. It's not like they would have it there after he is impeached and removed from office anyway. I guess he would need the money. He would have to double charge President Pelosi and the other six members. ha ha

Last edited:

ballettmaus

With all the negativity CBP currently receives, I feel this deserves sharing, too.
I just went through U.S. border patrol at the airport and the officer saw all the Middle East stamps on my passport. He asked what I do. I expected a hassle. Instead, he said “I have a lot of respect for journalists. Thank you for putting yourself in danger to tell us the truth.”
https://twitter.com/SulomeAnderson/status/1185641946771009536

Susan1

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-is-in-the-hospitality-business-mulvaney-says-after-president-reverses-plan-to-host-summit-at-his-golf-club-163155652.html

"At the end of the day he still considers himself to be in the hospitality business.”

That just proved that he is still trying to make money. He can go back to that any time and stop pretending like he is in any “presidential” business?

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/461419-graham-us-should-consider-strike-on-iranian-oil-refineries-after-attack-on

“It is now time for the U.S. to put on the table an attack on Iranian oil refineries if they continue their provocations or increase nuclear enrichment,” Graham tweeted.

“Iran will not stop their misbehavior until the consequences become more real, like attacking their refineries, which will break the regime’s back,” he added. "

Remember this from the campaign that everyone got all het up about?
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/21/donald-trump-iraq-war-oil-strategy-seizure-isis

Wed 21 Sep 2016
"The idea predates Trump’s presidential campaign. As far back as 2011, he was telling the Wall Street Journal that this was his policy for Iraq. “You heard me, I would take the oil,” he said. “I would not leave Iraq and let Iran take the oil.” And he insisted to ABC News that this did not amount to national theft."

Random observation - have I ever mentioned that whenever Pompeo is caught - lying or not knowing how to answer something - he sort of chuckles. Great tell to have when dealing with foreign governments.

skipaway

aftershocks

True colors, and intentions:
Bill Maher spoke about this on his recent show. As did The View co-hosts. Unbelievable, and yet unsurprising in surreal, scary Trumpster land.

aftershocks

What really appalls me about his rallies are the number of young people applauding this criminal & his insanity.
By now, it's all 'What else is new!' I mean the news media and the populace all seem immune to the outrageousness and the hella scariness. All the Trump enablers, and all the excuse-makers should be the first to confront comeuppance. But the fact is, bombs and bullets don't check your sanity, mental and physical well-being, celebrity status, political affiliation, bank statements, skin color, job status, residential neighborhood, or lifestyle status before landing or penetrating flesh.

aftershocks

Trump released this photo of Pelosi in an attempt to make her look bad. From what I'm seeing, it seems to be backfiring :D
:lol: Whoa ho! on the memes and comments on this Twitter thread. Seeing the highlighting of how the generals and enablers on Trump's side of the table are hanging their heads in shame is very telling. What no one apparently noticed is the bust of Ben Franklin looking on disapprovingly at Trump and his minions in the background:

Just get the impeachment and removal process over already. Boot Pence's ass, and swear-in President Pelosi in the Oval Office as acting president for the interim!

Last edited:

mag

By now, it's all 'What else is new!' I mean the news media and the populace all seem immune to the outrageousness and the hella scariness...
What news media do you watch and read? MSNBC and CNN have been all over Trump since the beginning calling out his outrageous behaviour and lies. Now, even some in the news department at Fox are breaking ranks with Trump. Many in the print media have also been calling Trump out.

I find the general distain in some quarters for the media to be disturbing. For the most part, the media in the western world does a good job. Yes, there are mistakes, but those are usually corrected. Yes there are tabloids, but like Fox opinion hosts, they are not actually trying to be news journalists. Often what is called “fake news” is just news that will be confirmed later. Just because one doesn’t always like what is written does mean it is not true or bad journalism.

caseyedwards

What news media do you watch and read? MSNBC and CNN have been all over Trump since the beginning calling out his outrageous behaviour and lies. Now, even some in the news department at Fox are breaking ranks with Trump. Many in the print media have also been calling Trump out.

I find the general distain in some quarters for the media to be disturbing. For the most part, the media in the western world does a good job. Yes, there are mistakes, but those are usually corrected. Yes there are tabloids, but like Fox opinion hosts, they are not actually trying to be news journalists. Often what is called “fake news” is just news that will be confirmed later. Just because one doesn’t always like what is written does mean it is not true or bad journalism.
I wouldn’t say from the beginning! They aired his rallies in total!! They should have banned him from airwaves and never aired any debate he was a part of

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
The Post just reported this:
Russia, Turkey agree to jointly remove Kurdish fighters along Turkey’s border in northern Syria as U.S. withdraws troops

uh what?

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
What Putin wants, Putin gets.
Yes the NY Times headlines it as a Victory for Putin:

His jets patrol Syrian skies. His military is expanding operations at the main naval base in Syria. He is forging closer ties to Turkey. He and his Syrian allies are moving into territory being vacated by the United States.

And on Tuesday, President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia played host to President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey, for more than six hours of talks on how they and other regional players will divide control of Syria, a land devastated by eight years of civil war.

The negotiations ended with a victory for Mr. Putin: Russian and Turkish troops will take joint control over a vast swath of formerly Kurdish-held territory in northern Syria, in a move that cements the rapid expansion of Russian influence in Syria at the expense of the United States and its Kurdish former allies.
Right now I feel like Trump accelerated his efforts to help Putin at just the time that impeachment became a probability...

Fiero425

GOP doesn’t care about the Constitution either.
Well obviously not since Trump has been violating it since day one with his businesses; the Emolument clause almost trampled out of existence! It's like it wasn't there until he actually mused about the G7 holding their next meeting at one of his CC's down in Florida! The man has no shame and his PARTY obviously doesn't GAF or they would have reigned his old arse in a long time ago! He keeps pushing the envelope until his hand is smacked like a child! It's pathetic to see a president acting this way! IDK how the fk'n country can recover after the bar lowered to these depths! :judge:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 18, Guests: 10)