Dangers of a Trump Presidency--Part 7

caseyedwards

That's what asylum is for and why Trump's asylum/refugee policies are so outrageous.
Of course but you can never ever cross the Rio grande or climb a wall to enter America even if you are seeking asylum! You must go to port of entry and follow whatever process that exists there. That’s just law of America. Not trump policy.

VGThuy

Interesting article about the people working in the Civil Rights departments under Trump:

Trump appointee, Matt Bowman is a high-ranking attorney in the Civil Rights Office for Health and Human Services and he has a long criminal history of arrests stemming from harassing women and LGBTQ folks. Some times things getting violent.

There, Bowman worked on Garza v. Azar, where he advised the Office of Refugee Resettlement on its policy of preventing seven underage girls held in custody from getting abortions, including one girl who was raped.
Roger Severino is head of the Civil Rights Office at HHS who is also an activist who fought against LGBTQ rights is also a Trump appointee.

One thing people always try to challenge people with is "prove Trump is racist/homophobic" but there are so many examples. It's clear they just don't want to see it or refuse to think that is racist/homophobic. It's clear people just focus on his somewhat sly Tweets avoiding using the "n word" or "f word" which apparently is the ONLY way some conservatives will see that something is racist or homophobic and not at the actual work that is being done by his administration to roll back so many protections and what positions they are taking in various lawsuits to strip away rights for racial/ethnic minorities and LGBTQ persons.

ballettmaus

And those are the Americans I know. Good for them!!
Same.

Of course but you can never ever cross the Rio grande or climb a wall to enter America even if you are seeking asylum! You must go to port of entry and follow whatever process that exists there. That’s just law of America. Not trump policy.
And that's still not true but whatever.

Any alien who is physically present in the United States or who arrives in the United States (whether or not at a designated port of arrival and including an alien who is brought to the United States after having been interdicted in international or United States waters), irrespective of such alien's status, may apply for asylum in accordance with this section or, where applicable, section 1225(b) of this title.
https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=granuleid:USC-prelim-title8-section1158&num=0&edition=prelim

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
hmm just came across this quote of Tucker Carlson of Fox reporting on Trump's rally last night:

“Right now, he is talking about the four radical freshman Democrats, Antifa, and more broadly, the direction the Democrats are moving. We are going to go back and listen in. It’s interesting.”
So this is how they feed this garbage to people, Antifa has nothing to do with Democrats or the four freshman women. Nothing. But the people who have it fed them this way spew it back and spread it on. Its really sad that people can't break from these sources. And believe what they are fed.

caseyedwards

VGThuy

Interesting to note that if Trump was their employer, what he said to the four Reps would be construed as discrimination on the basis of national origin by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission...even if three of the four Reps' national origin is the United States of America.

VGThuy

Trump has emboldened this convenience store worker to refuse service to a teenager because her relatives were visitors from Mexico. He questioned their legal status, taking it upon himself to assign himself the role of an ICE agent. He then threatened to call ICE on them and told them to "go back to their country". Good news is that it prompted a protest outside the store with the clerk getting fired and the Mayor condemning the actions. The bad is that I wonder how many more incidents like this will take place or have already taken place with nothing happening to the racists. The ugly is that the attorney for the convenience store owner said the man's actions were not acceptable, but felt it was blown out of proportion due to the whole issue with Trump and the four Reps. Um...the action could not be blown out of proportion. It is completely unacceptable even if Trump never did that.

Prancer

Needs More Sleep
Staff member
Way to deflect.
You were the one offering a change of subject, so you are the deflector in that case. An actual on-topic response would have been something directly relevant to the post. You could say that BR's fear is an overreaction or that it's irrational or some other sort of actual rebuttal to the assertion that was made, but saying "What about this left-wing terrorist attack?" is classic deflection.

He told the four they are welcome to leave since they have so much hate and venom for the US, which they prove daily; he did not say they should leave because they do not support his politics.
He also told said they should "go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came." Still waiting for you to tell me what you think that means and still waiting for you to demonstrate that all four women spew lies constantly.

But now you've made a new claim that you need to back up--they have so much hate and venom for the US, which they prove daily.

Okay, four women proving their hatred on a daily basis. The freshmen were sworn on January 3, 2019, which means they have been in office 534 days. 534 days X 4 women = 2136 daily proofs of hatred and venom towards the US.

That should give you plenty of leeway to provide evidence of, say, five examples from each woman of hate and venom towards the US--especially since you say there is so much.

Since you have accused me of glossing over their hatred, here ya go--let me have it. Show me how much they hate the US on a daily basis.

When asked "prove he's not a racist", Trumpers post pictures of him with black people.
While that is cringe-worthy, there is no way to prove that you aren't a racist unless and until we have people who can read other people's minds.

Yes, yes, actions speak for themselves. You can use them to prove that someone likely IS a racist, but there is no way to reasonably prove that you aren't a racist. What would you offer as evidence?

ballettmaus

Uh, Lindsay Graham? Even if you say that he couldn't think of a President, what does John McCain have to do with anything and/or what reason would anyone have to treat John McCain like they treat Trump? He makes about as much sense as Trump makes at times. (And Graham probably didn't doubt that Obama loved the country because he didn't talk it down and used hateful and violence inciting rhetoric against the citizens.)

Jot the Dot Dot

Headstrong Buzzard
Rand Paul is a physician:
His father, Ron Paul (one-time Presidential candidate on the Libertarian ticket) is also a doctor.(Actually he's a gynecologist, but this is his lunch hour).

Prancer

Needs More Sleep
Staff member
(And Graham probably didn't doubt that Obama loved the country because he didn't talk it down and used hateful and violence inciting rhetoric against the citizens.)
I expect Graham didn't use Obama because Obama DID have to go through crap all the time, some of it from people who thought he talked the country down and used hateful and violence-inciting rhetoric against the citiziens.

McCain went through plenty of crap and got quite angry about it from time to time. But if you are a politiician who wants to take center stage, you are going to get a lot of crap. I figure Graham used him because McCain is an enemy of Trump who can't talk back.

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
The story was previously noted in post #15,073.

The young children at the Trump rally shouting "Send Her Back!" demonstrated a very disheartening and frightening future for our country. I feel like I'm experiencing PTSD after a week of this vitriol.

MsZem

Surprised that these women haven’t been named the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse yet.
No Republican would ever misgender them like that.

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
Next step --- Adding children to cages who are U.S. citizens.
Three children who are U.S. citizens were held by border protection officers for several hours at O’Hare International Airport Thursday after arriving from Mexico with a relative, prompting a U.S. congresswoman, Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot and the Mexican Consulate in Chicago to intervene and immigration activists to protest.
Definition of "several hours":
U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky, who happened to arrive at O’Hare from Washington Thursday afternoon, learned of the situation and made her way to the Customs and Border Protection office to try to help resolve the conflict. She said the children were taken into custody at about 3 a.m. Thursday and were released about 13 hours later.
Schakowsky said the children had traveled with an adult who had a valid visa, though that could not be independently confirmed. The adult was being sent back Thursday to Mexico, she said. “I’m going to try to go in and see why our government is acting this way to three minors that have every right to travel,” Schakowsky said before entering the Customs and Border Protection office. “Three citizens of the United States of America. What is going on here? This is completely out of control.”
Their mother, who asked to be identified only by her first name, Sylvia, said the ordeal started predawn Thursday when her daughters called to say officials wouldn’t allow them to leave the airport unless she or their father picked them up. The Chicago woman, her voice breaking, said she was fearful because, though her children are U.S. citizens, she is not. She said she has applied for legal status but was afraid she would be detained if she went to the airport because she believes officials want to arrest the majority of immigrants who lack legal standing. She said she sent her son and daughter-in-law, a U.S. citizen, to pick up the girls, but they were turned away.

JanetB

If Trump were a low-level employee, sure. If Trump were the CEO of the company? I find it very doubtful.
The company I work for has in the last 10 year let go (fired) two men in upper management positions for bullying women, however for one at least they had to pay out his contract.

demetriosj

That made my day.

Btw, here is what we are being told is hate being spewed by AOC (from her FB)
All pie in the sky bs. Does AOC, or her fellow Justice "Democrats", ever really explain where they think they're going to get the money for Medicare for All, Public Colleges, Green New Deal, free everything for everyone, etc......? Or how it really will effect the country?

MsZem

All pie in the sky bs. Does AOC, or her fellow Justice "Democrats", ever really explain where they think they're going to get the money for Medicare for All, Public Colleges, Green New Deal, free everything for everyone, etc......? Or how it really will effect the country?
I believe some politicians have proposed funding possibilities for such programs. Better education programs may help people with things like spelling and research skills.

Has the Republican tax cut paid for itself yet?

demetriosj

I believe some politicians have proposed funding possibilities for such programs. Better education programs may help people with things like spelling and research skills.

Has the Republican tax cut paid for itself yet?

The Republican tax changes gave immediate tax relief, on 2018 taxes, to the middle class of this country.

.."some politicians have proposed funding possibilities for such programs"? AOC's pie in the sky ideas, if implemented, would tax the middle class to death. There's just not enough super-rich people to tax to fund this nonsense. The middle class will have the burden put on them.

pat c

The Republican tax changes gave immediate tax relief, on 2018 taxes, to the middle class of this country.
.."some politicians have proposed funding possibilities for such programs"? AOC's pie in the sky ideas, if implemented, would tax the middle class to death. There's just not enough super-rich people to tax to fund this nonsense. The middle class will have the burden put on them.
But isn't it more about tax efficiency rather than tax cuts or tax increases? What are you funding? Where is your money going? If it's not to the benefit of all, what is it a tax for? All political parties everywhere in the world, have to start listening to what people want their tax dollars spent on. Is it health care? Is it education? What is your money being spent on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 27)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information