Dangers of a Trump Presidency--Part 7

Jenny

From the Bloc
Scaramucci brought it upon himself.
However, what does it say about Trump; that he thought such a person "fit" for the position, someone vile and uncouth, just like himself?
I don't think he thought him fit for the position. Trump doesn't think like that. It seems to me that he wanted someone to shake things up and force out Preibus and Spicer - who were pretty much assigned to their jobs by the Party - and he's too cowardly to do it himself.

I do think however that Scarjerk did think himself fit for the position, and is now realizing that for all his efforts and sacrifices, Trump simply used him then had someone else fire him.

This is how Trump treats his loyal supporters and staffers.

bardtoob

Clichy Competitive Audition Protocol Auditor
Maybe Scaramucci will now spend more time with his new born son that was admitted to the nicu since the day he was born ... Scaramucci did not go to see him until after day 4, which seems ... like something he could have regretted.

VGThuy

Maybe this will be a catalyst for him to evaluate his priorities. Or maybe not. Do people really learn?

Susan1

Under Mooch articles on FB, trumpanzees are arguing that he did not get fired, he resigned. Someone wrote what I would have said if I responded to posts there - asking for someone's resignation IS being fired.

It's like how they announce that someone is leaving a business "to pursue other opportunities". Alrighty then.

I wonder if the mooch still loves trump and everybody in the WH and America and the people and..................... :)

once_upon

New condo owner
The Mooch wasn't even officially on the payroll until the 15th. :rofl: And to think he had to do a shady sell of his company to China. He's probably undoing that as we speak. Maybe SNL will do a skit with Spicey and the Mooch having a drink commiserating being fired.
SNL weekend update starting August 10? I believe is probably begging to go on NOW

Aerobicidal

Inspired by Natural Beauty
I wonder if even now Ilia Averbukh is preparing a high-concept program for Medvedeva in which she portrays a young staffer trapped in the surreal reality of the Trump White House. Set to a Queen medley, of course - Bohemian Rhapsody, Another One Bites The Dust, Under Pressure, and perhaps The Show Must Go On.
With Mooch voiceovers, of course:

“How old are you? You look good. No lines on your face. What are you, a Sagittarius?”
"I’m a Leo."
“F***ing king of the jungle!”

"I can tell you two fish that don't stink. That's me and the president. "

"Remember Joe Paterno? What would he say? 'Act like you've been there before.' Act with honor and dignity and respect."

"When I said we were brothers from the podium, it’s because we are rough on each other."

“I’m not Steve Bannon, I’m not trying to [bleep] my own [bleep]."

But hopefully they won't bleep until midway through the GP series.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Scaramucci brought it upon himself.
However, what does it say about Trump; that he thought such a person "fit" for the position, someone vile and uncouth, just like himself?
Well it is part of the culture that he creates around him. But the lack of intelligence of those based in the White House is also indicative of the moron at the helm. I would just love to be a fly on the wall in the WH these days.

I heard the Ben Stiller was a chance to play the Mooch.

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
I didn't know Jeff Flake (AZ senator-R) was writing a book. Here are some (anti-Trump) excerpts from his book.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/jeff-flake-takes-trump-puts-his-political-future-line-n788411

Another recent article about Flake:
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/republican-senator-gop-denial-about-dangers-trump-poses?cid=eml_mra_20170801
and the Politico op-ed that led to both stories:
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/07/31/my-party-is-in-denial-about-donald-trump-215442

Trump is trying to get Flake primaried.

Flake is not proposing anything apocalyptic, for that matter.

Towards the end of Flake’s Politico piece, for example, he put forward three recommendations for his party: (1) be willing to criticize Trump when the president does damage to “the Republican Party’s ability to grow and speak to a larger audience”; (2) honor the GOP’s long-standing free-trade commitments; and (3) “stand up for institutions and prerogatives, like the Senate filibuster.”

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
Not entirely sure where to put it because it's not specifically Trump related but I don't want to start a new thread about US politics. Anyway, hackers managed to hack voting machines at a security conference in Las Vegas. http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/30/hackers-voting-machines-las-vegas-241130

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/344488-hackers-break-into-voting-machines-in-minutes-at-hacking-competition
No surprise there. These guys have hacked big cmpanies and federal agencies. The computers at state and local levels are not that sophisticated.

I applaud this move by the General. Maybe Trump will cede most everything to him and we have an actual President now.
:rofl: There is only one Trump, there is no pivot.

skatesindreams

After 45 years as a Marine; I doubt that Kelly will ever really counter the "desires"/orders of his Commander-in-Chief, if push comes to shove.

ballettmaus

Christopher Wray was confirmed as FBI director. https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/senate-confirms-christopher-a-wray-as-next-fbi-director/2017/08/01/63ce5998-76f4-11e7-8f39-eeb7d3a2d304_story.html?utm_term=.89d57cc94f43

Wray, a former senior Justice Department official known for his low-key demeanor, told lawmakers during his confirmation hearing that he would never pledge loyalty to the president and that if Trump ever pressured him to drop an investigation, he would push back or resign.
I certainly hope that he will remain true to his word.

MacMadame

Cat Lady-in-Training
Okay, now I'm reading this parody about The Mooch and it is hysterical. Alexandra Petri takes the Abel and Cain reference and runs with it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/wp/2017/07/31/am-i-my-moochs-keeper/?utm_term=.b5d5fde0c6cc&wpisrc=nl_headlines&wpmm=1

Here are some excerpts:

Anthony Scaramucci has been cast out.

Reince Priebus’s blood cries out from the soil.

And also, and perhaps more pressingly, the blood of Steve Bannon’s ego cries out from the soil.

And now the curse of President Trump has fallen upon Scaramucci, and he has been made a fugitive and a wanderer on the earth. He is of no further use to Jared nor unto Ivanka, and so his iniquities cry out against him, and his loyalty is regarded not at all. And also the general, John Kelly, did not like his deeds, not one bit, and John Kelly has big braids on his shoulders and his burnt offerings to the homeland have received Trump’s favor.
also

But Trump did cast him out and did curse him, thusly, saying that when he tills the soil of Wall Street it shall no longer yield to him its strength, and his own home shall know him not, nor shall his son know him, (though some of this may be upon his head, as he responded (according to Page 6) to news of the baby’s birth by texting “Congratulations! I will pray for our son” and surprisingly this was not received with gladness.)

ballettmaus

The Justice Department will look into affirmative action admissions policies to determine if they're discriminatory against white applicants. Not that I'm surprised that it has come to this. It was kind of predictable. http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/344885-justice-department-to-go-after-universities-affirmative-Action

According to a WaPo columnist, the State Department is considering to remove the promotion of democracy from its mission. I guess it's hard to support democracy elsewhere if you don't support it in your own country. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/josh-rogin/wp/2017/08/01/state-department-considers-scrubbing-democracy-promotion-from-its-mission/?utm_term=.8874dc50df77

Fiero425

On a serious note; "AND SO IT BEGINS!" Just saw CNN reporting US car sales down drastically these last several months; 15% decline alone at Ford! That means employee cuts and scaling back on less popular models! "Thanks Donald; ya promised us so much and it looks like we're going DOWN!" :kickass: The unemployment rate will cascade across other segments of the industry like parts, Truck driving them cross country, maybe saving on gas and pollution, but we all know most would rather breath poison with jobs abound! :lynch: :mitchell:

Jenny

From the Bloc
According to a WaPo columnist, the State Department is considering to remove the promotion of democracy from its mission. I guess it's hard to support democracy elsewhere if you don't support it in your own country. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/josh-rogin/wp/2017/08/01/state-department-considers-scrubbing-democracy-promotion-from-its-mission/?utm_term=.8874dc50df77
Along with their stated agenda to erase Obama's legacy, I think there is also a secondary, quieter agenda to erase any and all of Clinton's legacy as Secretary of State.

I feel like it might be a Bannon thing - he likes scorch and burn anyway, and he's likely been feeding into Trump's ego telling him he'll go down in history as the greatest president ever, and to do that, they need to undo/erase/kill anything that Obama and Clinton left behind.

snoopy

Have the republicans literally stated their goal is to erase Obama's legacy? I know democrats repeat such a thing but somewhere a republican actually said that? I'm dubious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 10, Guests: 8)