Dangers of a Trump Presidency--Part 7

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Trump just tweeted that Sarah Huckabee Sanders is leaving her job as Press Secretary and heading back to Arkansas.
Good riddance. I can’t wait to see who hires her next.
Ouch, the rest of the tweet says she maybe running for Governor of Arkansas. Poor Arkanas
No way. He said he thought she should run. AR is Republican at the moment, but she'd never be elected to the Governorship.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Three A's, T&M, P&C
Trump just tweeted that Sarah Huckabee Sanders is leaving her job as Press Secretary and heading back to Arkansas.
Ouch, the rest of the tweet says she maybe running for Governor of Arkansas. Poor Arkanas
I can’t stand that woman. Good to know we won’t hear ridiculous statements from her (although someone else will do the same).

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I wonder whether he understands that the next gubernatorial election isn't until 2022. :unsure:
since he probably doesn't even know where AR is, I doubt it. Give him a week or two after she leaves and he'll be trashing her like he does all his former staffers and cabinet members.

skipaway

I wonder whether he understands that the next gubernatorial election isn't until 2022. :unsure:
She probably is good with that, as what she did as Press Sec will be 3 yrs in the past. People generally look back at the past with blinders on.

Vagabond

She probably is good with that, as what she did as Press Sec will be 3 yrs in the past. People generally look back at the past with blinders on.
It's probably a bit more complicated than that. There are professionals who help people whose reputation and career have been damaged, and I suspect that there is are peoples whose current focus is helping former Trump Administration (and maybe Trump Organization) employees rehabilitate themselves. There are a lot of such needy cases out there.

ballettmaus

It would be better if Twitter canceled his account for violating its Terms of Service.
Didn't twitter say something along the lines of the rules don't apply for the President? (I know they tried to explain why they weren't shutting down his account and while they said something else, this is basically what it comes down to).

I can :shuffle:

They don't have to elect her.

Trump wants to redesign Air Force One.

ballettmaus

Michael Bogren has withdrawn his nomination.

What Trump's comments mean for the FBI task force set up to combat foreign election interference. (Wray seems to be one of the few decent officials Trump has pulled out of the hat, so I really hope he stays. It can only get worse!)

caseyedwards

Huckabee is a part of a dynasty, has trump support, big name, woman! Makes a lot of sense. Never bet against dynasty

caseyedwards

So obviously all people who paid Steele to talk to putin employees to get dirt on trump will go to jail tomorrow

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
The Prince of Whales. :rofl: He really, really should get a Twitter editor.
Whaddya expect from the King of Wails? Y’know that voice in your head when you read? When I read Trump’s tweets, my reading voice “sounds” like a 4 year-old in a temper tantrum.😫

barbarafan

or something :lol:

Even though one knows with Trump, one still hopes he won't be a total fool, but always he is. This is really insulting to the entire country that he has to say crap like this because otherwise it might be an acknowledgement that something not quite right happened in 2016.

Though in this case one suspects that unusually Trump is telling the truth. :blah:
As well this nothing wrong with it attitude on this issue might be to keep Donny Baby Junior out of jail. He is not allowed to pardon family and they have the goods on Junior lying...so if Trump can make it a non-crime one count of obstruction gone from SR. and Jr. flies free. Jr. did lie to congress but hey...

barbarafan

on the copies of the tweet this morning (on Morning Joe but showing Fox's clip) it had been fixed. So I sure he will say it never happened like he is saying he never said he would accept help from a foreign country. I wonder if he slept on his Macdonald wrappers.

nylynnr

So arrest her, I guess?
Sebelius wasn't arrested or fired when she violated the Hatch Act, she was assigned training on what the Act covers and how to avoid violations. Same should hold for Conway. Hatch Act probably isn't something uppermost in people's minds when they are extemporaneously speaking at events in front of partisans, or firing off answers on talk shows. Violations should be addressed but I disagree they call for police action.

skatemomaz

Resist
Sebelius wasn't arrested or fired when she violated the Hatch Act, she was assigned training on what the Act covers and how to avoid violations. Same should hold for Conway. Hatch Act probably isn't something uppermost in people's minds when they are extemporaneously speaking at events in front of partisans, or firing off answers on talk shows. Violations should be addressed but I disagree they call for police action.
Except she's done this multiple times and been called out on it each time. She knows exactly what she is doing. I don't think she should be arrested, but she absolutely should be removed from office.

Last edited:

Susan1

"Trump told the Fox News hosts, “There was Jackie O, and that’s good. But we have our own Jackie O today. It’s called Melania. Melania. We’ll call it Melania T. Okay?” "
It. Even ships are referred to as "she". :)

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Three A's, T&M, P&C
"Trump told the Fox News hosts, “There was Jackie O, and that’s good. But we have our own Jackie O today. It’s called Melania. Melania. We’ll call it Melania T. Okay?” "
It. Even ships are referred to as "she". :)
What an Insult to Jackie!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 36)