Dangers of a Trump Presidency--Part 7

Peaches LaTour

Do you think she should "stand by her man" as Hillary did?
I believe that, despite his whoring around, the Clinton marriage is based on love and a mutual respect for each other's intelligence, abilities & ambitions.

The (current) Trump marriage, IMO, is based upon her initial desire for a fast track to U.S., citizenship for herself &, eventually, her parents & for her lust for $$$$$ and the lifestyle it brings.

For his part, she was just another, younger sex object that he wanted to parade around on his arm for his ego.

And I do not believe for one minute their marriage has ever been about normal, emotional love or respect for each other.

mag

Michael Wolff reports in his new book that Melania and Baron live with her parents in Maryland.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Medvedeva, T&M, Shibs, P&C
You mean the part about wanting Trump in jail?

Nothing about dignity, but I have to say I don't like that being said. Yes, a lot of us believe Trump has abused his power, but it still is a very scary thing to have an opposition law maker say she wants the president to go to jail. It is indicative of a terrible state for our democracy.
I feel the same way. I wish she had not said it. I know it was meant for only the democrats but words got out. It will really motivate Trump’s followers and even others. Besides, it is something one may feel privately, or on a chat board, but not in a professional meeting. Of course Trump and other republicans have said that about Hillary publicly but that doesn’t make it right.

In a democracy we don’t use that kind of language. It belongs in Russia and some other countries. Trump will milk those words at every rally.

Still it is laughable that republicans are talking about dignity.

Sparks

IF the rumors are true, they already have divorce papers written. That changed once he was elected.
#SaveBarron

ballettmaus

I feel the same way. I wish she had not said it. I know it was meant for only the democrats but words got out. It will really motivate Trump’s followers and even others. Besides, it is something one may feel privately, or on a chat board, but not in a professional meeting. Of course Trump and other republicans have said that about Hillary publicly but that doesn’t make it right.
I think there is a big difference between saying "I don't want to see him impeached, I want to see him in prison" (in what was described as a "clash", so it's possible it was said in a flash of temper) and campaigning on claiming that your political opponent is a criminal and vowing that you will investigate and arrest her, simply because she is your political opponent and you don't like that she wasn't charged before.
Pelosi is neither campaigning nor did she call for Trump's arrest, publically or otherwise. She stated her opinion of what she would like to see happening to a man who at the very least obstructed justice and is possibly involved in other crimes, like campaign finance fraud. I don't see anything wrong with that. (Although, I'd say that she has reason to have that opinion is also the problem and I think that should be the focus when it comes to what she said, not what seems to be an out-of-context comparison. (It appears that the MSM did not learn anything from when they only focused on half of what Hillary said. :( )).

Last edited:

Peaches LaTour

Nothing about dignity, but I have to say I don't like that being said. Yes, a lot of us believe Trump has abused his power, but it still is a very scary thing to have an opposition law maker say she wants the president to go to jail. It is indicative of a terrible state for our democracy.
Lock him up! Lock him up! Lock him up! Is basically what her statement implies.

That was beneath the dignity of the Speaker (even though I agree with her, completely) :)

Peaches LaTour

IF the rumors are true, they already have divorce papers written. That changed once he was elected.
#SaveBarron
Apparently Trump is paranoid about anyone who is taller than he is & refuses to be photographed with them if he can avoid it.

He is very upset by the fact that, at age 12, Baron is almost his own height.

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
She would be scanning them now, so that she can give away the photos or the scans now.

And she might do that because perhaps she might want to look at photos again next year. In which case, her choice of the photos or scans would be available then.

barbarafan

He has deliberately caused many to die. He has committed treason over and over. The American people are just a cash cow for his personal fortune. He is murdering democracy and handing the usa over to Russia in exchange for mucho dineros. The penalty for treason used to be firing squad. That should never have been changed. Nancy Pelosi was being gentle.

Susan1

She was talking about after she died. :lol:
I'm still here, people! :) I don't have anybody to leave any pictures to when I die. I'm going to have to have all of my photo albums buried with me - ~200 pictures of Sadie, relatives, every Christmas tree, snow, leaves, my Daytona, pictures from work, etc. that nobody else cares about. I have separate albums for every vacation. A men's boot box full of old family pictures. I organized that into separate sides of the family and different subcategories (school pictures - cars...<my dad even took pictures of the riding lawn mower that he used to soup up every spring>......). I put my dad's Navy pictures in the folder with all of his service record papers (with his and my mom's burial information), which I still want to keep, but yesterday I was thinking how WWII sites might be interested in them. Maybe not. Nobody on either side cares about all the genealogy stuff I put together either. That will die with me too.
My town's public library has public scanning and copying services. Maybe yours does, too?
Yeah, in my second post, I mentioned that the library has free scanning, but it's for documents. They come out in 8-1/2 x 11 size and I don't have the ability to crop them or save them differently. (I thought of what I blanked out last night - pdf files.) Copies at the library are 15 cents. Printing off the computers is 10 cents.

Thanks for all the replies. We better get back to disgusting, vile trumpland.

Susan1

..I put my dad's Navy pictures in the folder with all of his service record papers (with his and my mom's burial information), which I still want to keep, but yesterday I was thinking how WWII sites might be interested in them. Maybe not. Nobody on either side cares about all the genealogy stuff I put together either. That will die with me too.
Last thing on this subject - searching I found the national WWII museum donation page -
"Photographs, Letters and Journals. Yes! Please make the copies you need before sending us the originals. As for World War II service documents, we do not necessarily need originals. In fact, you will probably want the original Separation Papers and/or Discharge Papers. We will accept CDs, DVDs or good copies of wartime prints (though we prefer originals). Photocopies, low-quality copies and internet printouts are generally not suitable library donations on their own—only as backup personal information.
Uniforms. We are seeking a limited selection of uniforms worn while in performance of one’s World War II service, not necessarily uniforms only worn while on leave or issued upon discharge. Please send us a photo and service information."
I have that too. When I moved back into this house and we were cleaning out the linen closet, there was my dad's Navy uniform all wrapped up in plastic. It's probably got his medals in there too. Maybe a hat. I have always been afraid to open it up and ruin it. So there it sits - since 1946. They got married in 1952. We moved into this house is 1972 It's been all over the country, Japan, Hawaii, and then stuffed in the back of a closet. My mom's wedding veil and gloves were stuffed back there too. I opened a bag and unwrapped tissue paper and all this lace from 1952 came out. Man! She gave away her wedding dress to someone who needed one, I forget who. O.k. I'm done.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I'm seriously concerned about Trump tanking the economy with this tariff-as-immigration-policy thing. The economy slowed down last month adding 75,000 jobs, many fewer than the previous month and t he Fed is so concerned about the tariffs and trade wars they are considering reversing their policy on interest rates.

Trump has outdone himself with his belief he can use tariffs to force Mexico to stop migrants. Republicans don't like it but I wonder if they will really stand up this time. The economy is at stake.

Susan1

I'm seriously concerned about Trump tanking the economy with this tariff-as-immigration-policy thing. The economy slowed down last month adding 75,000 jobs, many fewer than the previous month and t he Fed is so concerned about the tariffs and trade wars they are considering reversing their policy on interest rates.

Trump has outdone himself with his belief he can use tariffs to force Mexico to stop migrants. Republicans don't like it but I wonder if they will really stand up this time. The economy is at stake.
As usual, I wasn't paying attention, but on the news the other day there was a report that 45% of people have second jobs. A local reporter said it so I don't know if it was a local survey or the state or what. I can't find it anywhere.
Then this morning they were talking about local tornado recovery and how there aren't enough people/companies to repair and rebuild the houses and businesses. One contractor interviewed said last year he had 13 employees. This year he has 8. He didn't say where the 5 went.
trump-wise, I don't understand how he thinks he is going to bring all these (what?) jobs back to the U.S. If unemployment is so great, who's going to work at these car factories and stuff that will apparently be built overnight? The immigrants can all move here to work in them?

nylynnr

There are multiple factors the Fed considers, beyond trade policy. Many, not just President Trump, think they moved too quickly to raise rates. Weakness in both growth and inflation could be a sign the Fed’s policy stance, with a benchmark rate between 2.25% and 2.5%, is too tight.

Regarding the "two jobs" stat, I would be shocked if there is accurate info. out there, given the gig economy. When AOC made her famous flub about unemployment being low because people were working 2 or 3 jobs, a host of articles quoted the Bureau of Labor Stats as tracking 5% of Americans have 2 jobs. I would be surprised if 45% of employed Americans have two jobs; recently, a cover article in TIME presented a stat of 20% of teachers in certain states having second jobs as outlier.

Simone411

Well bleffing Covfefe! Clippy's flipping over P/C!
I just call out a lot of the BS being thrown around on this board. Only one side is accepted here. Pot calling the kettle black.
Really? I wouldn't say "pot calling the kettle black" because I believe this is the first time you've 'called' me out and it's because of what I've noticed and posted about your posts. I've observed that if you disagree with what someone else has posted that you're very blunt and sarcastic because it's not necessarily an opinion that you're posting.

You feel you're correct and that no one else is. It's what only you say that is correct and everyone else is wrong. You do in a way feel that you're superior, and no one else on this board knows what they're talking about.

To me, that's not a discussion or idea you wish to discuss in a civil manner … not even about the pros and cons of the matter at hand. You actually don't wish to have a conversation when you decide to respond to someone's post that you don't like. Instead, you become very rude and sarcastic instead of giving an opinion that others can have a discussion with you about.

Last edited:

caseyedwards

On the 30th anniversary of the Tiananmen Square Massacre, Trump's comments on it in a 1990 Playboy interview have resurfaced. Can you imagine how the heads of Republicans and conservative pundits would explode if some leftist had said this? https://www.businessinsider.com/trumpn-tiananmen-square-massacre-china-showed-power-of-strength-2019-6
But almost all of the conservative pundits on tv and in print are never trumpers. So they are criticizing trump every day of the week and hate trump 10 times more than any democrat
Rubin
Gerson
Noonan
Stephens
Douthat
Brooks
Goldberg
Hayes
Navarro
Schmidt
Wallace
Cupp
Will

ilovepaydays

But almost all of the conservative pundits on tv and in print are never trumpers. So they are criticizing trump every day of the week and hate trump 10 times more than any democrat
Rubin
Gerson
Noonan
Stephens
Douthat
Brooks
Goldberg
Hayes
Navarro
Schmidt
Wallace
Cupp
Will
I’m surprised you didn’t mention David French (National Review). The wrath that he’s received on Twitter in the last week is pretty incredible.

mag

So whether or not Trump actually held up the ceremony is really beside the point. He did brag that he was holding it up as shown at the beginning of this clip. The man really thinks of no one but himself and is proud of it.

VIETgrlTerifa

Did Trump just say the Moon was a part of Mars?

I get that he didn't really come up with this Tweet himself as it's part of his people's orchestrated attack on institutions they find undermine their agendas, and science/education is one of those things and it's also a lefty/elitist thing they have to get rid of, but still. I thought Dubya would be the dumbest President we'd have in my lifetime, but I guess I was wrong.

MacMadame

Cat Lady-in-Training
I think he meant using the Moon to get to Mars was part of the plan. But he's so incoherent and has such poor communication skills that it's hard to parse.

Also, if we have to go to the Moon to get to Mars and he's okay with that, then why is he complaining that NASA is planning to go to the Moon?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 24, Guests: 6)