Dangers of a Trump Presidency--Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballettmaus

Trump made the decision to label Republicans the Party of health care. It sounds like that's why he decided that the DOJ should ask the court to strike down the ACA and that he did so believing the Republicans have a far better alternative. Lindsay Graham, that is what you get for discussing policy with someone who doesn't understand politics. https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...5149e5a2fda_story.html?utm_term=.af66def94532

The irony, I think this has a chance of working out well for Trump even if he didn't intend for that to happen. But I can see this going pretty much like NAFTA did. If the courts strike down the ACA, Republicans will introduce the ACA 2.0 with one minor change because they have no idea how to replace the ACA, Democrats will vote for it because now the tables are turned and they have to, Trump will see it to everyone as something better and far too many people will believe it.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Also, republicans are willing to overlook Trump's "moral issues" because he is doing the things they have LONGED to do for decades.
I think you hit the nail on the head. They are fully prepared to let him take the fall and behave badly because they think it deflects from them. And they don't accept accountability that they put him in the office. They also don't realise that he makes them look bad.

caseyedwards

Also, republicans are willing to overlook Trump's "moral issues" because he is doing the things they have LONGED to do for decades.
But on what issue is this true? Anything trump has done was also done by Bush and Reagan. Tax cuts and Supreme Court justices. So things that would be done by any republican

topaz

Yes but the real money comes when they are released because they have to be. That’s when all the companies start hiring the people for lower wages than Americans

They are released back to their country of origin. Also, I'm not sure that you're aware but many US companies/businesses recruit foreign workers directly.

For example, some dairy farms in Wisconsin recruit and promise jobs to undocumented workers from Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Mexico and Costa Rica

ballettmaus

Of course! They lost the house almost exclusively because of trump while If pence was president they wouldn’t have lost the house

They attribute the loss to health care. And they are not sucking up to Trump because they expect he will make them lose their seat.

topaz

But on what issue is this true? Anything trump has done was also done by Bush and Reagan. Tax cuts and Supreme Court justices. So things that would be done by any republican

Remaking Federal Courts - Trump has systemically placed more federal judges than any president of recent memory. He has appointed more than 75 judges in just 2 years. He is remaking the courts to be decidedly conservative which will have impacted the federal judiciary system for generations to come. Also, federal judges when appointed can not be voted out. It is a permanent appointee. This happened because of McConnell’s obstructionist strategy during the Obama years. There were alot of vacancies because of the GOP's senate strategy.

Decreasing funding for education- School choice proponents are the clear winners with Trump's 2019 budget cuts proposal. Trumps and GOP have wanted to scale back federal investment in education for decades. Many do not want nor care to support public education. He has proposed eliminating the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program.

Medicare, SS, Medicaid proposal cuts - The Tax Cuts for the top 1% will and is being used to cut other programs in an attempt to "balance the budget or stabilize the national debt". Cutting funds and eliminating these programs have been the cornerstone of republican politics for almost a hundred years.

caseyedwards

They are released back to their country of origin. Also, I'm not sure that you're aware but many US companies/businesses recruit foreign workers directly.

For example, some dairy farms in Wisconsin recruit and promise jobs to undocumented workers from Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Mexico and Costa Rica

After years and years of asylum/immigration court hearings some are deported but most illegals are never deported and live life in America very successfully. That’s why there are like 11 million undocs in America

Of course I know this. NYT just had an article about how New York farmers that desperately need as many illegals as possible! And many of these are corporate mega farms owned by Koch brothers! Koch industries are in everything and they employ thousands and thousands of illegals.

They attribute the loss to health care. And they are not sucking up to Trump because they expect he will make them lose their seat.

if this was true no republicans in America would support repealing Obamacare anymore! But almost all the republicans support Obamacare being ruled unconstitutional. They have no problem Obamacare permanence bill. So why is that?

Remaking Federal Courts - Trump has systemically placed more federal judges than any president of recent memory. He has appointed more than 75 judges in just 2 years. He is remaking the courts to be decidedly conservative which will have impacted the federal judiciary system for generations to come. Also, federal judges when appointed can not be voted out. It is a permanent appointee. This happened because of McConnell’s obstructionist strategy during the Obama years. There were alot of vacancies because of the GOP's senate strategy.

Decreasing funding for education- School choice proponents are the clear winners with Trump's 2019 budget cuts proposal. Trumps and GOP have wanted to scale back federal investment in education for decades. Many do not want nor care to support public education. He has proposed eliminating the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program.

Medicare, SS, Medicaid proposal cuts - The Tax Cuts for the top 1% will and is being used to cut other programs in an attempt to "balance the budget or stabilize the national debt". Cutting funds and eliminating these programs have been the cornerstone of republican politics for almost a hundred years.

The judges would have been done by any republican. The accomplishment in McConnells not trumps. Pence would have done the same thing on judges. It has nothing to do with trump at all
If congress ever voted on trumps budget it would fail unanimously in both house and senate. Presidential budget proposals are not serious documents they are just required by law!

ballettmaus

Trump intends to appoint ten new members to the Kennedy Center Board of Trustees. Here's a list. https://twitter.com/davidgura/status/1110976508477222913

if this was true no republicans in America would support repealing Obamacare anymore! But almost all the republicans support Obamacare being ruled unconstitutional. They have no problem Obamacare permanence bill. So why is that?

Because they don't really support repealing the ACA and are currently freaking out over what the DOJ is doing. It's in the WaPo article I linked to in post 11,941.

demetriosj

President Obama is wonderful. He is everything that Trump is not. Extremely intelligent, kind, caring, setting aside his ego to help others. No wonder the Trumpster feels so threatened by him. He must know that he cannot hold a candle to the president he replaced.

Things go in cycles. After Obama we got Trump. Can we hope that the next president will be completely opposite of Trump? It won’t be easy but that is what we must strive for, as Americans.

Are you kidding? Obama set race relations back decades. Yes, he is a great speaker, but so what? And do you seriously believe his inner circle was not corrupt?

ballettmaus

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...e-cash-promise-falters-as-665-billion-returns
I'm not sure if I got this. The US planned to sanction two Chinese companies because they were helping NK evade sanctions. Trump thought there were new sanctions against North Korea, allowed that he reversed them and then the administration made up sanctions against NK that never existed to cover up Trump's mistake?

Whoever wrote this soap opera sucks and why was I cast in it without my permission? (But in all seriousness, imagine if someone had written something like that on a TV show. Who would have ever found that credible?)

caseyedwards

Trump intends to appoint ten new members to the Kennedy Center Board of Trustees. Here's a list. https://twitter.com/davidgura/status/1110976508477222913

Because they don't really support repealing the ACA and are currently freaking out over what the DOJ is doing. It's in the WaPo article I linked to in post 11,941.
They are trying to have no position! That’s worse than anything. If the republicans want to support Obamacare permanence they can do so! McConnell and McCarthy can hold a press conference announcing to the world the official position of republicans in Congress is Obamacare is their preferred system for America and they love it!

Peaches LaTour

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...014068-5093-11e9-af35-1fb9615010d7_story.html

This article proves it!! There are so many migrants the United States is now officially an open borders nation. It’s not some slur or political attack! It’s a fact. United States officially open borders nation. Like it was before 1924

When did YOUR family immigrate to the U.S.? Just curious since you scream so much negativity about immigrants.

And before you ask, my own ancestors first arrived in the U.S., about 1770. Before it was the
U.S.

ballettmaus

This article proves it!! There are so many migrants the United States is now officially an open borders nation. It’s not some slur or political attack! It’s a fact. United States officially open borders nation. Like it was before 1924

Stop spreading falsehoods. Before 1924 people came through Ellis Island and once they were cleared by an officer, they were allowed to stay. The asylum seekers still have to appear in court and make their case. And if Trump stopped wasting time with a wall and instead focused on proper border security, immigration reform and the underlying issues that create all the refugees then CBP and ICE would be better equipped to properly process all of them.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Trump calls the FBI 'Treasonous' and believes in Putin and Kim.

I can't imagine what the FBI employees must feel. They work hard, sometimes putting their lives in danger, to serve the country.

I really hope our collective suffering will end after the 2020 elections.

VGThuy

Anybody who thinks Obama set race relations back has been living in a bubble. All Obama’s presidency and Trump’s election with his rhetoric did was reveal where this country actually is with regard to race relations. Not as much progress as people assumed.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Anybody who thinks Obama set race relations back has been living in a bubble. All Obama’s presidency and Trump’s election with his rhetoric did was reveal where this country actually is with regard to race relations. Not as much progress as people assumed.

"Living in a bubble" is not what I would call this. Racist is what I would call blaming a black president for the problems of "race relations" in this country. Yes let's blame African Americans for not doing more to make whites feel comfortable. Fck me, the things that people expect us to put up with in this country are astounding.

Susan1

"Living in a bubble" is not what I would call this. Racist is what I would call blaming a black president for the problems of "race relations" in this country. Yes let's blame African Americans for not doing more to make whites feel comfortable. Fck me, the things that people expect us to put up with in this country are astounding.
No kidding - how can the majority of Americas electing an African American President TWICE "set back" race relations. Although, I guess if a white republican had won in 2008 or 2012, we wouldn't have had to be stuck with the moron we have now. So, yeah, it is President Obama's fault for trying to help the average American. The republicans fought the progress he tried to bring every step of the way. This president's jealousy of our beloved President (notice the caps or lack of?) is why he wants to erase everything good for real people.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Obama’s race bothered the republicans and racists so much! It bothered them even more than his party affiliation. As soon as he took office in January 2009, they met outside to plan how to make him fail, and make him a one term president. Sure the race relations got worse for THEM. Now they disliked not just a white democrat but an African American democrat holding the highest position in the country, and he was even beloved around the world. What a terrible setback to their way of life!

Last edited:

caseyedwards

Stop spreading falsehoods. Before 1924 people came through Ellis Island and once they were cleared by an officer, they were allowed to stay. The asylum seekers still have to appear in court and make their case. And if Trump stopped wasting time with a wall and instead focused on proper border security, immigration reform and the underlying issues that create all the refugees then CBP and ICE would be better equipped to properly process all of them.
The Ellis Island process is considered open borders. Especially pre 1924. You act like the asylum processs doesn’t take years and years and years and everyone starts their lives in America. Billions has been sent to Central America. The money is not helping anything. Maybe it isn’t enough. It may be good to send 100 billion! I posted the reports earlier. Any border security is being completely overwhelmed by the sheer amount of people all of whom are demanding asylum. Everything is overwhelmed by sheer volume. There is nothing that will work. Nothing is working. Cameras, drones, fences, sensors don’t matter when everyone is demanding asylum. There is no people crossing without the intent of getting caught. The purpose now is to get caught and demand asylum. All the money sent to Central America hasn’t worked. The gangs are taking control of all the countries.

Last edited:

caseyedwards

When did YOUR family immigrate to the U.S.? Just curious since you scream so much negativity about immigrants.

And before you ask, my own ancestors first arrived in the U.S., about 1770. Before it was the
U.S.
Very late in the 1800’s and they didn’t need visas so I would like visas abolished and a new system of open borders. If US would just change the system to allow for what people want there wouldn’t be undocumented people anymore. The point of the postings is to support new laws to promote US being an open borders nations. An orderly open borders nation. Like all the people entering now get a legal residency card at the border. And that’s it! That’s the system.

ballettmaus

Obama’s race bothered the republicans and racists so much! It bothered them even more than his party affiliation.

Are you sure? Because they had the same plan for Hillary had she won. They were basically already assembling impeachment papers in the weeks leading up to the election.

The Ellis Island process is considered open borders.

Exactly. Now, you don't have open borders because you have to apply for something and if your application isn't granted you get send back home or have to stay home.

You act like the asylum processs doesn’t take years and years and years and everyone starts their lives in America.

There is a section about that in the article.

Any border security is being completely overwhelmed by the sheer amount of people all of whom are demanding asylum.

Yes, and they'd still demand asylum with a wall. So, what they need are people who can process them and a system that allows for quickler processing and effective anti-corruption measures for the money that they're sending to Central American countries.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Are you sure? Because they had the same plan for Hillary had she won. They were basically already assembling impeachment papers in the weeks leading up to the election.

Exactly. Now, you don't have open borders because you have to apply for something and if your application isn't granted you get send back home or have to stay home.

There is a section about that in the article.

Yes, and they'd still demand asylum with a wall. So, what they need are people who can process them and a system that allows for quickler processing and effective anti-corruption measures for the money that they're sending to Central American countries.

They saw Hillary as an extension of Obama. She worked for him. He supported her. They attacked her every day in the office, and then the emails, even now!

I am sure they would have impeached her the day she took oath of office. They had extra hatred for her for being a woman. Her race was less important.

It will be poetic justice if Kamala Harris becomes our next president (I know it is low probability, but can ‘t I dream?)

Last edited:

demetriosj

There you go, throwing the word racist around. Obama made everything about race, even when it wasn't. He did not wait for the facts before he started spouting off about Ferguson, for example. He was wrong about Ferguson. That kid was a thug who had just roughed up an elderly store owner, and "hands up don't shoot" never happened. In another event he said the police acted stupidly, and was later proved wrong again. Many other examples. His attitude and comments regarding police were disrespectful and ill-informed. He stirred the pot and now we see the consequences.

demetriosj

How many of those close to him got indicted and found guilty? Zero.

Perhaps they should be. Read Secret Empires, How the American Political Class Hides Corruption and Enriches Family and Friends by Peter Schweizer. The book acknowledges both Republican and Democrat corruption, but focuses on the recent corrupt dealings of Joe Biden and his son, President Obama and his close friends, and John Kerry.

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures

U.S.
I'm wondering why a question like this matters. Do you get extra credit in contemporary American citizenry based on the date of your arrival or DAR membership? I don't often see people who say these kind of things give more credit to the opinions and recommendations of Native Americans based on seniority, so I guess I don't understand why it makes a difference to make points in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information