Dangers of a Trump Presidency--Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
The DOD announced that they plan to transfer $1 billion to build a wall. https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...32/wall-emergency-funding-trump-news-congress
“The committee denies this request. The committee does not approve the proposed use of Department of Defence funds to construct additional physical barriers and roads or install lighting in the vicinity of the United States border,” Smith said in a letter to the Department of Defence.

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
I mean he does this kind of stuff all the time I suppose. The question is, do his supporters just love his gall? Or do they buy his shit?

And if it is the former, why? This is very serious stuff. No one really wants to go back to not being able to get health insurance due to a pre-existing condition.

I think it's both. Just based on the Trumpers on my Facebook (too many), they want to see people "cry liberal tears" and love that he "owns the libs." But when he says incredibly stupid shit that even they can't deny (denigrating McCain, for example), they flip to, "It's not what he says, it's what he does." Oh, and he was elected "to shake things up and that's what he's doing." When I ask if they'd be okay if Obama did the same things, it gets strangely silent.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Everybody is writing a book these days- even George Papadopoulos. Book title “Deep State Target”. He says he would be honored if he gets the Pardon, although he is not expecting it (he just asked for it, on msnbc!) He says he will vote for Trump, and he believes Trump will win again. He has done a great job.

Dont throw rocks at me. I am just a messenger. :)

Ari Member is interviewing George P. I used to like Ari until he started interviewing Trumpists on his show.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
The problem with Trump is that while he has been exonerated, he has no humility and is going to constantly throw it in people's faces. He just can't help himself. For those who can't stand him it is just cringeworthy and disgusting to watch.

caseyedwards

That’s why there’s no better time than now to finally impeach trump. There’s no exoneration and still no impeachment votes? Bizarre!!!

ballettmaus

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
The problem with Trump is that while he has been exonerated, he has no humility and is going to constantly throw it in people's faces. He just can't help himself. For those who can't stand him it is just cringeworthy and disgusting to watch.

He has Not been exonerated. He is lying as usual.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I know that Trump has mental health issues and now, the DOJ seems to say he also has a split personality. Otherwise, I don't know how they can argue that Trump uses his official twitter account as an official person but blocks people as a personal matter with a straight face. Either it's official or it's personal but it can't be both at the same time. https://edition.cnn.com/2019/03/26/politics/trump-appeal-twitter-hearing-block-users/index.html

One thing we have learned is that you cannot apply logic to Trump’s actions or words.

Barr says the Mueller report will be made public in weeks, not months. I don’t trust Barr to publish the report in its entirety. He will redact information that could be harmful to Trump. We saw what he did when he published that four page letter. There is no way he will let the public see the truth. We must persist and insist that we get to see the full report, and not just Barr’s interpretation of it.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
President Obama is wonderful. He is everything that Trump is not. Extremely intelligent, kind, caring, setting aside his ego to help others. No wonder the Trumpster feels so threatened by him. He must know that he cannot hold a candle to the president he replaced.

Things go in cycles. After Obama we got Trump. Can we hope that the next president will be completely opposite of Trump? It won’t be easy but that is what we must strive for, as Americans.

ballettmaus

Barr says the Mueller report will be made public in weeks, not months. I don’t trust Barr to publish the report in its entirety. He will redact information that could be harmful to Trump. We saw what he did when he published that four page letter. There is no way he will let the public see the truth.

There are hints that suggest it may be another summary.

mtnskater

“Americans should expect far more from a president than merely that he not be provably a criminal.” -George Conway

I find myself continually shocked by the acceptance of Trump’s followers of his lack of character and awful behavior that most would not condone or teach to their own children. Because he is on “their team”, all is forgiven. We all know they would be screaming bloody murder if we had a Democratic President behaving the way Trump does. All I heard from Republicans for 25 years after Bill Clinton was “character counts” and “the President must be a moral man and role model” all the while cloaking themselves in religion. I will never listen to another lecture by a Republican concerning character and morality. What a bunch of hypocrites.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
^^^This

I follow The Daily Show on Facebook. They keep coming up with examples where Obama got slammed (mainly from Fox News) on absolute tripe. Such as wearing a baseball cap, wearing a polo shirt, wearing a lighter coloured suit, etc. Drama drama drama. Then they show a picture of a Republican doing the same thing.

Japanfan

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Mueller’s Investigation Erases a Line Drawn After Watergate (NY Times)

WASHINGTON — After Watergate, it was unthinkable that a president would fire an F.B.I. director who was investigating him or his associates. Or force out an attorney general for failing to protect him from an investigation. Or dangle pardons before potential witnesses against him.

But the end of the inquiry by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, made clear that President Trump had successfully thrown out the unwritten rules that had bound other chief executives in the 45 years since President Richard M. Nixon resigned under fire, effectively expanding presidential power in a dramatic way.

Mr. Mueller’s decision to not take a position on whether Mr. Trump’s many norm-shattering interventions in the law enforcement system constituted obstruction of justice means that future occupants of the White House will feel entitled to take similar actions. More than perhaps any other outcome of the Mueller investigation, this may become its most enduring legacy.

(Trying not to shout) Republicans must believe they have an air-tight plan to win all future elections because they are going to regret this if a Democrat becomes president. Or else they are just too stupid to be able to think a day forward (or backward to what they didn't like under Obama).

We appear to have moved a giant step closer to presidential government between this and the use of the emergency declaration to nullify Congress's role.

And we also are now a long way into normalizing Trump's presidential behavior.

Trump et al now know they can sit back and allow Russian interference, even encourage it to an extent with no consequences because only a criminal conspiracy matters to anyone who can't be dismissed as a partisan hack.

We are in a very bad place. The Democrats cannot pivot to other issues. They have to demand the release of all of the Mueller investigative documents.

skatesindreams

We appear to have moved a giant step closer to presidential government between this and the use of the emergency declaration to nullify Congress's role.

My concerns, as well.
The Democrats cannot pivot to other issues. They have to demand the release of all of the Mueller investigative documents.
Absolutely!

NeilJLeonard

That’s why there’s no better time than now to finally impeach trump. There’s no exoneration and still no impeachment votes? Bizarre!!!
Again, impeaching does not remove. It sends the impeachment to the Senate for trial. They can vote to remove, but it is not a simple majority. The vote needs 2/3 to remove. The GOP has the majority in the Senate. Few, if any, will vote for removal. The process then fails. Trump, and the GOP, will gain strength from this.

Please shut up about impeachment! Work now to remove Trump, and as many in the GOP as possible, from elected office. There is no other way.

NJL (..and stop fighting over the political purity of the Dem candidates. Get the GOP out then settle your differences if you can't get agreement before. The primary objective in 2020 is to get the GOP out..)

caseyedwards

Again, impeaching does not remove. It sends the impeachment to the Senate for trial. They can vote to remove, but it is not a simple majority. The vote needs 2/3 to remove. The GOP has the majority in the Senate. Few, if any, will vote for removal. The process then fails. Trump, and the GOP, will gain strength from this.

Please shut up about impeachment! Work now to remove Trump, and as many in the GOP as possible, from elected office. There is no other way.

NJL (..and stop fighting over the political purity of the Dem candidates. Get the GOP out then settle your differences if you can't get agreement before. The primary objective in 2020 is to get the GOP out..)
Like I don’t know that impeachment doesn’t remove! Lol!!! It would just be nice to have a trial of a criminal! Why shouldn’t a criminal outrageous president be put on trial just because he won’t be convicted?!? I will work to defeat trump next year as all Americans will. That’s not up for debate or discussion but now trump should be held accountable for so many things. Obstruction, Charlottesville, Puerto Rico, hiring Flynn, helsinki, emoluments, etc etc etc

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Mueller’s Investigation Erases a Line Drawn After Watergate (NY Times)

(Trying not to shout) Republicans must believe they have an air-tight plan to win all future elections because they are going to regret this if a Democrat becomes president. Or else they are just too stupid to be able to think a day forward (or backward to what they didn't like under Obama).

Trump et al now know they can sit back and allow Russian interference, even encourage it to an extent with no consequences because only a criminal conspiracy matters to anyone who can't be dismissed as a partisan hack.

We are in a very bad place. The Democrats cannot pivot to other issues. They have to demand the release of all of the Mueller investigative documents.

If we do get democratic presidents and they do one tenth of what Trump did, the republicans will try to impeach them, and if they don’t have the house and senate on their side they will try to indict them. See what they did and are still doing to Hillary Clinton, while Jared and Ivanka keep breaking all security rules and norms.

ETA- The Dems Are demanding Mueller’s full report and documents. Whether they get those or not is questionable, with the AG firmly rooted in his belief that his job is to protect Trump (instead of protecting the laws of our country).

I have to add that I am disappointed that Mueller did not come to a firm conclusion about Trump colluding Russia. How much more evidence did he need? It is in broad daylight meaning on TV). He must be subpoenaed just to get the truth out (and not to blame him).

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
MSNBC is normalizing Trump again, showing his interview with the First Lady of Venezuela. Why is the visit of a First Lady Of another country so important? Not that I want to see Our First Lady!

We need more coverage of the evil act of taking away healthcare from 21 million Americans. Are there any protests planned or are we just going to swallow this poison?

caseyedwards

@caseyedwards- so who's making money from the detention centers that hold the undocumented folks?
Probably Koch brothers! They make money from all aspects of the current immigration system. Koch brothers have never given any money to trump but give all their money to McConnell and Ryan and now McCarthy

topaz

“Americans should expect far more from a president than merely that he not be provably a criminal.” -George Conway

I find myself continually shocked by the acceptance of Trump’s followers of his lack of character and awful behavior that most would not condone or teach to their own children. Because he is on “their team”, all is forgiven. We all know they would be screaming bloody murder if we had a Democratic President behaving the way Trump does. All I heard from Republicans for 25 years after Bill Clinton was “character counts” and “the President must be a moral man and role model” all the while cloaking themselves in religion. I will never listen to another lecture by a Republican concerning character and morality. What a bunch of hypocrites.

Also, republicans are willing to overlook Trump's "moral issues" because he is doing the things they have LONGED to do for decades.

topaz

Probably Koch brothers! They make money from all aspects of the current immigration system. Koch brothers have never given any money to trump but give all their money to McConnell and Ryan and now McCarthy

So can we conclude that detaining persons seeking entrance into the US are detained for money-makers of the private sector?

Last edited:

ballettmaus

Seven Trump aides seem to have neglected to mention their next job on their termination form. It may not be a big deal and may not be an often used law but if it's against the law, they need to start prosecuting it. Every violation of the law that the Trump administration commits needs to be prosecuted to the full extent because each time they get away with breaking the law, they feel emboldened and will take it a step further the next time. https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/27/trump-aides-ethics-1238160

The US cuts funding to the Organization of American States and prohibits lobbying for or against abortion laws. Again, the ignorance... https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...wont-fund-certain-groups-pompeo-idUSKCN1R71LZ

ETA: The DOE approved six authoriations for US companies that want to conduct nuclear related work with Saudi Arabia. https://www.thedailybeast.com/us-companies-granted-authorizations-for-nuclear-work-in-Saudi

And if that sounds familiar, that's why: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/co...r-nuclear-tech-saudis-may-have-broken-n973021

caseyedwards

So can we conclude that detaining persons seeking entrance into the US are detained for they are money-makers for the private sector?
Yes but the real money comes when they are released because they have to be. That’s when all the companies start hiring the people for lower wages than Americans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information