Dangers of a Trump Presidency--Part 7

ballettmaus

Ratings
Every Democrat in a contested midterm race who voted against Bret Kavanaugh lost.
I guess, Jon Tester doesn't count then? :shuffle:

McCaskill, Donnelly and Heitkamp lost in states that Trump won. Their seats were vulnerable the minute Trump was delcared the winner. And their seats would probably have been vulnerable the minute the GE was over even if Trump had not been declared the winner. Indiana and North Dakota are red states. Missouri may be a swing state but it's still a southern state. This isn't about Kavanaugh. It's about Republican vs Democrat.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Ratings
Could we stop calling Trump a bully? He may be that as well but his behavior is far worse than that of a bully, it is that of an autocrat. Telling the press to sit down is behavior of an autocrat, and revoking a press pass as punishment is behavior of an autocrat and making up can offense that doesn't exist is behavior of an autocrat.

Did they do something about it?
Actually one of them did, she voted for the Democrat in the Florida Governor race but not for the local democrat ( no idea whether House or Senate). I had another friend who just didn’t vote but her kids both voted for democrats locally. :shuffle:

I think many households are divided which must be tough. None of my Republican friends are fans of Trump, but are fiscally conservative (& old, next generation up from me). My Facebook and Twitter is very anti Trump and they often like my posts. It’s quite obvious from the popular vote that most voters do lean towards the democrats, I think what is needed now is a good dynamic leader to emerge ready for two years from now. It also helps that the demographics for the Trump lovers will naturally die off as they are also old like him :slinkaway That’s what I tolD my younger colleagues from Texas who were a little heartbroken from last night.

Ratings
The president willingly called a press conference. He called on Jim Acosta. The 1st amendment states:

As Trump yelled, SIT DOWN!
Freedom of speech is a guarantee to speak freely with out retribution. The president calling a press conference is irrelevant, Jim can speak or write whatever he wants.The daily briefing is a privilege given to qualified individuals in the press. The privilege isn't a right. It doesn't mean you can antagonize, disrespect the time of other correspondents and disrupt the press conference.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Ratings
[QUOTE="PairSkater12345, post: 5453195, member: 67329" It doesn't mean you can antagonize, disrespect the time of other correspondents and disrupt the press conference.[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree Trump really shouldn’t behave like that it’s quite deplorable, he has no manners or class :D

ballettmaus

Ratings
Freedom of speech is a guarantee to speak freely with out retribution. The president calling a press conference is irrelevant, Jim can speak or write whatever he wants.The daily briefing is a privilege given to qualified individuals in the press. The privilege isn't a right. It doesn't mean you can antagonize, disrespect the time of other correspondents and disrupt the press conference.
You have no idea how much I wish I could send you back in time or to present-day Turkey to show you what the consequences of your endless bending-the-truth-to-fit-your-reality are.

BittyBug

And the band played on
Ratings
What I don't support is Liberals using the movement to achieve their political agenda. Women should be heard, believed and supported but not at the expense of justice and burden of proof. The American people feel the same way.
Really? Because that's not what the polling suggested.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...-americans-believe-christine-blasey-ford-than
https://www.npr.org/2018/10/03/6540...ord-than-kavanaugh-a-cultural-shift-from-1991

Every Democrat in a contested midterm race who voted against Bret Kavanaugh lost.
:rofl: Maybe you really are a troll and not just poorly informed. "Every" means all, 100%. "Contested" means they had an opponent. 100% of the Senate races had opponents so they were all contested.***

The Dems thus far only lost 3 senate seats, and even in raging red Montana, Jon Tester - who voted against Kavanaugh - was re-elected. So your claim that "every Democrat in a contested midterm race voted against Bret (sic) Kavanaugh lost" is just patently not true. Moreover, even if it were, correlation is not the same as causation.

***ETA to clarify: Only a third of the senate seats were up for re-election, but of those that were, 100% were contested (i.e., had at least two candidates running for the seat). So 100% of races (i.e., the seats up for re-election) were contested.

Last edited:
Ratings
I guess, Jon Tester doesn't count then? :shuffle:

McCaskill, Donnelly and Heitkamp lost in states that Trump won. Their seats were vulnerable the minute Trump was delcared the winner. And their seats would probably have been vulnerable the minute the GE was over even if Trump had not been declared the winner. Indiana and North Dakota are red states. Missouri may be a swing state but it's still a southern state. This isn't about Kavanaugh. It's about Republican vs Democrat.
You certainly have the right to your opinion.

I think the Republican voters were energized by the way Kavanaugh was mistreated, Americans were offended by the questioning of the presumption of innocence and the last minute dirty tactics by Diane Feinstein. Linsey Graham put the contents of the tactics in perspective. The Republicans were worried about lack of intensity from the base. The Kavanaugh gaff and all it's dirty tricks certainly solved that problem and provided that intensity and more. If the Democrats had to do it over again they wouldn't. So much for that blue wave. LOL

overedge

crying in the TSL bathroom
Ratings
I think the Republican voters were energized by the way Kavanaugh was mistreated, Americans were offended by the questioning of the presumption of innocence
If you look at the polls, Troll Boy - the real polls, not the ones with hinky methodology from your buddies at Fox News - more Americans were offended by multiple accounts of Kavanaugh's bad behavior being ignored and by Kavanaugh's completely inappropriate and biased behaviour at the hearings.

And if you don't know the difference between a criminal trial and a confirmation hearing, maybe you should STFU about what evidence does or doesn't make a difference.

Ratings
Really? Because that's not what the polling suggested.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...-americans-believe-christine-blasey-ford-than
https://www.npr.org/2018/10/03/6540...ord-than-kavanaugh-a-cultural-shift-from-1991

:rofl: Maybe you really are a troll and not just poorly informed. "Every" means all, 100%. "Contested" means they had an opponent. 100% of the Senate races had opponents so they were all contested.

The Dems thus far only lost 3 senate seats, and even in raging red Montana, Jon Tester - who voted against Kavanaugh - was re-elected. So your claim that "every Democrat in a contested midterm race voted against Bret (sic) Kavanaugh lost" is just patently not true. Moreover, even if it were, correlation is not the same as causation.
I'm not a troll. In fact figure skating is a big part of my life. If you are a figure skating fan you might even know me. LOL

Thanks for the correction about the words "every" and "contested". Your dictionary definition of those terms is correct.

As far as the Democratic success i disagree. "Only loosing three seats" is a disaster for the Democrats. Obama lost 13 house and 6 senate seats in 2014. In his first mid term Obama lost a wopping 63 seats in house and 9 in the senate. You have to admit, cherry pick all you want, it wasn't a blue wave.

caseyedwards

Ratings
Indicted for what? Muller has spent millions going after people for crimes unrelated to the so called Russia probe. It's been more than 18 months. If he has something, it would have come out before the election.

Libs won't acknowledge the facts around the dossier scandal (Hillary campaign paying for made up dirt on Trump). Why hasn't the DOJ released the documents subject to subpoena by congress related to obstruction by the DOJ and the FBI? Remember Peter strzok and Lisa Page and the text evidence that led to Bruce Or and others? Well Jeff and hopefully Rod gone, we may get the full picture with the documents released. Then we see the facts.
They should be indicted and trump bleffed for conspiracy to defraud America by having an effort to and communication with Wikileaks to disseminate information stolen by russia

babayaga

Ratings

I think the Republican voters were energized by the way Kavanaugh was mistreated, Americans were offended by the questioning of the presumption of innocence and the last minute dirty tactics by Diane Feinstein. Linsey Graham put the contents of the tactics in perspective. The Republicans were worried about lack of intensity from the base. The Kavanaugh gaff and all it's dirty tricks certainly solved that problem and provided that intensity and more. If the Democrats had to do it over again they wouldn't. So much for that blue wave. LOL
I am glad Kavanaugh helped republicans defeat the blue wave and keep control of the House.

BittyBug

And the band played on
Ratings
I think the Republican voters were energized by the way Kavanaugh was mistreated, Americans were offended ....
"Americans" and Republicans are not the same thing. Or did you miss the fact that Democrats outvoted Republicans by about 8%?

So much for that blue wave. LOL
The current forecast is that when the remaining unsettled elections are finalized, the Dems will win in excess of 40 seats in the House. That will be the largest Democratic gain in the house since the 1960's. And yes, that qualifies as a wave, possibly even a tsunami.

babayaga

Ratings
I'm not a troll. In fact figure skating is a big part of my life. If you are a figure skating fan you might even know me. LOL

Thanks for the correction about the words "every" and "contested". Your dictionary definition of those terms is correct.

As far as the Democratic success i disagree. "Only loosing three seats" is a disaster for the Democrats. Obama lost 13 house and 6 senate seats in 2014. In his first mid term Obama lost a wopping 63 seats in house and 9 in the senate. You have to admit, cherry pick all you want, it wasn't a blue wave.
Yes, it was. Despite loosing some Senate seats, democrats won the House and had success on a local level. I my opinion, this election was a positive experience for democrats overall.

BittyBug

And the band played on
Ratings

I addressed the blue wave in a preceding post. The Senate was never going to work out in the Dem's favor due to the profile of the seats up for re-election and therefore the Senate was never expected to be part of the wave.

Ratings
If you look at the polls, Troll Boy - the real polls, not the ones with hinky methodology from your buddies at Fox News - more Americans were offended by multiple accounts of Kavanaugh's bad behavior being ignored and by Kavanaugh's completely inappropriate and biased behaviour at the hearings.

And if you don't know the difference between a criminal trial and a confirmation hearing, maybe you should STFU about what evidence does or doesn't make a difference.

There you go again seething with hate after the mid terms. I can understand why you are crying now. Crying in the skating lesson bathroom must be a private joke.

Reality eludes you if you believe the Kavanaugh gaff by the Democrats helped them in the mid terms. Kavanaugh was voted in and has a lifetime appointment to the supreme court. This happened despite all the delay tactics and dirty tricks to delay the vote the American people saw right through the charade. He was highly qualified and deserved the appointment. I'm recommending that you try to get over it. Usually when a figure skater is overedge, they are off their rocker. I hope that didn't happen to you.

Last edited:
Ratings
Democrats have flipped 7 chambers, 350 seats and 6 governorships from red to blue.

https://www.dlcc.org/ElectionUpdate3
The Democratic legislation campaign committee? OK, Is that the committee Debbie Washerman Schultz managed before she had to run from the DNC because of her IT problems. Oh Sorry different issue. You forgot to mention all the Circuit court and Supreme court appointments. Those positions effect the judicial system for decades. I'm glad that movement continues in the right direction.

BittyBug

And the band played on
Ratings
Crying in the skating lesson bathroom must be a private joke.

Usually when a figure skater is overedge, they are off their rocker. I hope that didn't happen to you.
And with that your troll status is confirmed.

And before you gloat over any perceived liberal tears, whether in a skating bathroom or not, overedge is Canadian, so she’s probably having the last laugh over you from the comforts of her liberal university, while smoking legal weed and enjoying a nice cold glass of milk not from Wisconsin.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Medvedeva, T&M, Shibs, P&C
Ratings
I have placed that poster on ignore due to the trollish posts, but occasionally I read some of its posts and the responses by others for entertainment.

Japanfan

Ratings
Trump years = dog years x infinity.
It doesn't seem like it, but Trump was only elected two years ago. It has felt like a lifetime. So two years really is a long time.
Bill Maher said that Trump's presidency would play out in dog years: "One year of Trump = six years of Bush" :(

Based on the midterm elections results, I am afraid that Trump is going to be reelected. If he cannot win fair, he will use all kinds of tricks to win. The republicans will be happy to have a republican Potus again, even if it costs middle class republicans.

Four more years of Trump will certainly kill us.
I just realized now that I've been hanging on to the assumption that Trump will be gone after one term because he's done so much damage and/or because at least some of his supporters finally realize that he's failed to deliver his promises and/or is racist/sexist/elitist.

The notion that he'll be POTUS for six more years is too much for my poor little brain to grapple with.

He really should not get the votes of women, POC and other minorities, the poor, and individuals with disabilities.

But somehow nothing sticks to the man!

ballettmaus

Ratings
Well, I certainly am not going to search this forum to find the posts but shortly after the GE two years ago one or two posters from this board actually said that it would be hard for Democrats to keep their seats in the Senate due to the Senators who were up for re-election.

So, no, this wasn't about Kavanaugh. This was predictable.

snoopy

Ratings
1) I have no idea if Kavanaugh helped the republicans. None of them were concerned about proof of guilt when accusations against Hillary were flying left and right. Hell you had hoards of them including the president chant lock her up. So tears over Brett are crocodile partianship baloney and hypocrisy at its worst.

2) I agree with pair skater, the Jim Acosta thing is not a free speech issue. Liberals are pushing partisanship too far on that one imo.

allezfred

Sekret Kanadian
Staff member
Ratings
2) I agree with pair skater, the Jim Acosta thing is not a free speech issue. Liberals are pushing partisanship too far on that one imo.
It’s a press freedom issue. That a large number of people in the US like you see nothing wrong with what happened suggests your country is well on its way to autocracy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 16)