Dangers of a Trump Presidency--Part 7

VIETgrlTerifa

Ratings
I don't know why the Trump people are so worried that Omarosa's new book claims Trump said the N-word repeatedly during taping of The Apprentice considering that I would think him doing that would make his base very happy. Plus, she still chose to support his presidency and worked for him. She claims she didn't know and she may be telling the truth, but I wouldn't bet my house on it. Plus, it's not like we need him to say it to know he's a huge racist and hires racists and white supremacists.

topaz

Ratings
I don't know why the Trump people are so worried that Omarosa's new book claims Trump said the N-word repeatedly during taping of The Apprentice considering that I would think him doing that would make his base very happy. Plus, she still chose to support his presidency and worked for him. She claims she didn't know and she may be telling the truth, but I wouldn't bet my house on it. Plus, it's not like we need him to say it to know he's a huge racist and hires racists and white supremacists.

I would go a step further, Trump is a white supremacist. His past behavior shows this to be true.

Anyway, I say "Bye Felicia" to Omarosa. She's just an opportunist who happens to be black. She reminds of the character Stephen Candie from the movie Django. I don't care about her nor do I feel sorry for her. She made the CHOICE to align with Trump. Her words and behavior after the election was telling of her true nature.

Cachoo

Ratings
We talk about the dangers of a Trump presidency and I think posts like this illustrate the danger. And this might represent at least of third of the population. This is from a poster on another site who is all-in for Trump.

A media that is very intentionally trying to overthrow a duly elected President of the United States solely because he defeated the candidate they desperately wanted to win is the enemy of the people of the United States. Get off the internet and read some George Orwell books. The federal government was built with a system of checks and balances to keep it from collecting and abusing excessive power and influence. The media was not. A free press is one thing, an irresponsible press who now sees it's role as political activists who use their power to promote and spread a particularly political ideology to their audience instead of journalists objectively and unemotionally reporting the bare facts and allowing the audience to judge those facts is another. Were Tass and Pravda enemies to the Russian people? I know what you are going to say. "Tass and Pravda were agents of the state and were not a free press." The New York Times, The Washington Post, CNN, MSNBC, etc. are today for all intensive purposes agents of the Democratic National Committee...

Scary.....

once_upon

Ratings
While I still believe Hilary was the best choice and wished she was president, the post @Cachoo just posted, tells me that they have not moved on. The continuation of Hilary, Hilary, Hilary is the mantra of the GOP - not those moving forward to other candidates for the many other offices. And it tells me they feel the same about the media that we do. Us using FAUX News to describe their news sources, so calling ours fake news. Does anyone else see the names correlation?

The division is widening, becoming deeper and is reaching if it hasn't already a point of no return. Should Democrats regain the House of Representatives and or the Senate and Governors, I fear a revolution will ensue. The divide is that deep. I also wonder if the Dems had a credible (i.e. not Sanders) white male candidate - perhaps Biden - if those non voters would have shown up. Both parties were guilty of the white male dominance...anyone but mindset.

History will not be kind to the U.S. during this point in time, regardless of what happens in November or 2020.

Buzz

Ratings
I feel that this whole Omarosa business is just another shiny object for us all to chase. No one is talking about those kids that have yet to be reunited with their parents, or Trump’s Supreme Court nominee, or the mess Puerto Rico is still in, or the “blue wave” that is still to come, or Trump’s week long “working vacation” and so on. All this time spent on Omarosa could also be better spent on the Californian wildfires. Nothing that has come out is anything new.

Vagabond

Ratings
I feel that this whole Omarosa business is just another shiny object for us all to chase. No one is talking about those kids that have yet to be reunited with their parents, or Trump’s Supreme Court nominee, or the mess Puerto Rico is still in, or the “blue wave” that is still to come, or Trump’s week long “working vacation” and so on. All this time spent on Omarosa could also be better spent on the Californian wildfires. Nothing that has come out is anything new.
AFAIK Omarosa Manigault Newman is the first person from Trump's circles to say anything on the record remotely like this:

“I was complicit with this White House in deceiving this nation,” she said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.“ “They continue to deceive this nation by how mentally declined he is, about how difficult it is for him to process complex information, how he is not engaged in some of the most important decisions that impacts our country.”
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/12/omarosa-trump-mental-state-book-kelly-773889

That is a huge issue and deserves coverage. And if it is false, may it be disproven quickly.

Susan1

Ratings

ballettmaus

Ratings
That is a huge issue and deserves coverage. And if it is false, may it be disproven quickly.
She may be the first to go on the record but she's not the first to say so. It deserved coverage then as much as it deserves coverage now but it also deserves continuous coverage (just like many other issues do) and not the kind that I fear it'll get: news for a few days, then something else will take its place. That kind of coverage (news for a few days then gone) has not made any difference on any of the issues before and I don't see why it should make any difference now.

Trump has sigend the defense bill names after McCain without once mentioning McCain in a 25-minute-speech. That man is beyond petty https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...869fe70a721_story.html?utm_term=.38c8f51d2c88

Cachoo

Ratings
I think the bigger story today is who is left at the FBI after the latest firing. There is one person left who Comey trusted to provide testimony following the meeting with Trump when he asked for a loyalty oath to him. The other agents have either been fired or quit (and they quit under fire) and it is safe to say hounded by Trump and his cronies. And suddenly the Trump story is changing: No, no, no he never demanded a loyalty oath from Comey.
Things that make you go hhhmmm. What they have done to honorable public servants is sickening.

ballettmaus

Ratings
Apparently, Trump doesn't much care about time zones and wants to call other leaders when it's the middle of the night where they are. https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/13/trump-world-knowledge-diplomatic-774801

“If people are looking for more polish and more kind of conventional statecraft and that’s their metric for Trump learning, I think they’re going to be disappointed,” said Carafano, vice president for foreign policy at the Heritage Foundation. “I don’t think he sees those as faux pas; I think he sees them as, ‘Look, I do things differently.’ If you say, ‘That’s not how things are done,’ he says, ‘Who says? Where is it written down that I can’t do that?’”
Not calling anyone in the middle of the night unless it's an emergency or urgent business is called common decency and manners.

I find the pragraph about Bill Clinton incomplete as it doesn't really say whether Clinton was the same and called foreign leaders whenever he wanted to for no apparent reason. It only mentions that he did so during the negotiation of a key peace agreement and there's a big difference between doing that and what Trump is doing. It also doesn't say if Clinton placed calls throughout the night or if he waited until the early morning hours so it would be a more acceptable time overseas. 2:30 a.m. is 7:30 a.m./8:30 a.m. in Europe after all.

caseyedwards

Ratings
I just want to say whatever!! There are two constitutional methods for removing a criminal or incompetent president! Impeachment and removal and 25th amendment removal. The mindset of people in Washington is so impenetrable that just like no one could see trump actually getting electoral votes to win the presidency they can’t see the two ways to remove who they hate so so much. Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell especially! No one in America hates trump more than those two. They both agreed trump would never be president and both voted Hillary. Now they can’t see the methods they have to remove trump.

Simone411

Holy Quad Camoly
Ratings
ITA about the ANGRY emoji, @LilJen

The Tribble is also very good friends with Tom-Foolery. They're always together wherever they go. They're actually joined at the hip and thick as thieves.

We also need a FOOL emoji. o_O

Fiero425

Ratings
Methinks that Omarosa should present whatever information she has to Mueller, ASAP:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/14/politics/omarosa-trump-campaign/index.html
He doesn't need her pathetic conversations with staff! We all know this is the most corrupt admin. in the history of the country! Anyone assoc. with it will be tainted for all time and won't be able to find anything else to do! Hell, Spicer is still looking for work! If not for his lame book, he might starve! I have little to no sympathy for any of these people who had to know what they were getting into! They're not all as dumb as Trump; close, but not entirely as stupid! :rolleyes::COP::judge:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 18, Guests: 13)