Dangers of a Trump Presidency--Part 7

skatesindreams

Ratings
Do they just know that it'll be controversial and they hope that people tune in because of that?
I don't think so.
Trump is so "erratic" that what he says and does cannot be trusted.
The media has to be prepared to do its' job; keeping the public informed, whatever he may do.
Whether we like it or not, his statements and actions affect the rest of the world; and it is best if we are prepared for that.

victorskid

Skating supporter
Ratings
The latest from "The Apprentice: White House Edition" as tweeted out by #45:

Mike Pompeo, Director of the CIA, will become our new Secretary of State. He will do a fantastic job! Thank you to Rex Tillerson for his service! Gina Haspel will become the new Director of the CIA, and the first woman so chosen. Congratulations to all!

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Medvedeva, T&M, Shibs, P&C
Ratings
Rex Tillerson is out. Can't post a link on ipad but a WaPo article says he is out of his misery.

With a madman running the country it is hard to predict who the next official to leave would be, but Tillerson's problems with Trump were well known.

The rule is - If you don't worship Trump, you are out.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Medvedeva, T&M, Shibs, P&C
Ratings
Rex Tillerson is out. Can't post a link on ipad but a WaPo article says he is out of his misery.

With a madman running the country it is hard to oredict who the next official to leave would be, but Tillerson's problems with Trump were well known.

The rule is - If you don't worship Trump, you are out.
Oops! Just saw that someone has already posted this news.

Last edited:

ballettmaus

Ratings
I don't think so.
Trump is so "erratic" that what he says and does cannot be trusted.
The media has to be prepared to do its' job; keeping the public informed, whatever he may do.
Whether we like it or not, his statements and actions affect the rest of the world; and it is best if we are prepared for that.
They don't have to show rallies live to inform the citizens of what Trump is doing and saying. I read about the rally afterwards and I'm pretty sure I got all the information I needed. The TV media can do the same, they can give a report of the rally afterwards and maybe include fact-checkers while they're at it. Showing a rally live means Trump gets to address more or less every single citizen without a fact-check and who's going to check the facts afterwards? Besides, as studies show, once the lie is told the damage is done.

ballettmaus

Ratings
Last edited:

ballettmaus

Ratings
I am surprised that Sessions is still around.
Me too. On the other hand, Sessions was involved in the campaign and Trump has openly criticized him for recusing himself from the Russia investigation. Not that Trump cares about the consequences but there might still be people in the WH who think that firing Sessions would be more complex than firing Tillerson.

There's also the question if Trump is able to find someone who's brave enough to touch the Mueller investigation. If there's no one, he might as well leave Sessions in place.

Susan1

Ratings
And yesterday, Trump's personal assistant was let go (he's being investigated by DHS for financial crimes) but he joined the re-election campaign https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/13/trump-personal-assistant-john-mcentee-fired-joins-campaign.html
"Soon after, Trump's 2020 reelection campaign released a statement announcing that McEntee would join its ranks as a "senior advisor for campaign operations" along with Katrina Pierson" Katrina again?:wall: We can only hope there won't be a reelection campaign because he will be out by then.:respec:

They don't have to show rallies live to inform the citizens of what Trump is doing and saying. I read about the rally afterwards and I'm pretty sure I got all the information I needed. The TV media can do the same, they can give a report of the rally afterwards
Nobody needs to televise the whole thing. They are still talking about it today, and showing the lowlights.

snoopy

Team St. Petersburg
Ratings
Me too. On the other hand, Sessions was involved in the campaign and Trump has openly criticized him for recusing himself from the Russia investigation. Not that Trump cares about the consequences but there might still be people in the WH who think that firing Sessions would be more complex than firing Tillerson.

There's also the question if Trump is able to find someone who's brave enough to touch the Mueller investigation. If there's no one, he might as well leave Sessions in place.
I think Sessions is one of the very few people more popular than Trump with core Republican voters. I think Trump put the feelers out on that one awhile ago and pulled back because the wind was blowing in Sesssions' favor. Politically, Trump can't touch Sessions.

ballettmaus

Ratings
I think Sessions is one of the very few people more popular than Trump with core Republican voters. I think Trump put the feelers out on that one awhile ago and pulled back because the wind was blowing in Sesssions' favor. Politically, Trump can't touch Sessions.
I can't believe I'm saying this but I hope you're right. Sessions is a racist, now doubt about it and he's as bad as they come. Still, he has made a few statements which make me believe he has some respect for the law (in so far that he does seem to believe that the DOJ should be as independent as possible) and I'm really afraid of who his successor would be.

Spikefan

Ratings

caseyedwards

Ratings
Nothing but problematic people could work for Trump. No really high level people worked for him. Look at how many trump people have already been indicted and plead guilty. This is why it was so important 1-for the rnc to ban trump from debates 2- ban counting votes for him at the conventions- 3- use the convention to dump him 4- use rules to remove him as the nominee 5 use electoral college to elect Hillary 6 impeach and remove him!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)