Dangers of a Trump Presidency--Part 7

twinsissv

Ratings
Mother Africa, the cradle of mankind, has joined Lady Liberty in shedding angry and bitter tears at the thought of what mankind and liberty have come to represent.
:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed

Last edited:

ToFarAwayTimes

Ratings
I AM THOROUGHLY EMBARRASSED BY OUR PRESIDENT. (Although that was not the first time and certainly won't be the last.) He really is amazing at finding new ways to go even lower, isn't he?
Why does anyone refer to him as president? Calling him by a title implies respect that most people don't have for him anyway.

once_upon

Ratings
Today, being home sick, is a great reminder that I need to be actively involved in my church's downtown ministries. My husband has news channel on 24/7 and the more that is reported the angrier I get.

Ryan didn't condemn Trumps language, he said it was an unfortunate set of words. No, Mr Ryan the words are vulgar and racist.

Fiero425

Ratings
Constant "whataboutism" is another thing I'm sick of. If the only thing a party's got going for them is an endless refrain of "But Mommy, they started it!" then they ought to know they're done.
Last night, it was maybe Sean Hannity had to invoke President Johnson using the "N" word! Gratuitously he never mentions if not for him civil rights legislation would have been stalled for another decade in the SOUTH! He may have been a disgusting pig, but his legacy is secure; unlike others like Hannity and even Trump who'll be noted for being run out of office before his time at this rate! :scream: :COP: :drama: :kickass: :lynch: :mitchell:

once_upon

Ratings
MSNBC is interviewing a Carrier employee (ex with lay off) who voted for Trump. She feels he used her and others at Carrier to push his agenda, but stopped short of saying it was a mistake.

snippy

Ratings
I’ve lived in the USA for nearly 3 years now coming from Canada originally. I have one American daughter and I’m just ashamed for her. I want her to have a president to look up to, not one who looks down on others.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Medvedeva, T&M, Shibs, P&C
Ratings
OT in this thread but may be not. Just saw the movie The Post. It brought tears to my eyes toward the end when the Supreme Court decision was read about what our founders were thinking when they gave freedom to the press, and when they announced (paraphrasing) that the President (alone) is not the State.

I don't have confidence in our current SC.

skatingguy

Golden Team
Ratings
As for Trump's reference to immigrants coming from hitsholes (as the Reverend Spooner would have put it ;)), again, the libertarian response: http://reason.com/blog/2018/01/12/of-course-most-immigrants-come-from-shth
I liked the article, and it mentioned many of the things I think about when people talk about immigrants coming here and how every group that has ever come has been unwelcome to some, but I think the second part of Trump's statement - Why can't we get immigrants from Norway - that really puts the racism in context and why he shouldn't receive a pass.

Susan1

Ratings
Trump and Dr. Carson sound completely insincere during their remarks and proclamation of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Wasn't that ridiculous? As they were talking, I should have counted how many times I said "not you" to 45 and "not him" when Carson was talking. How in the world does Carson stand next to him? And Pence with that smarmy look on his face. Funny, the moron didn't look so orange today. He was so pale he was almost gray.

ChelleC

Ratings
I'm freaking SICK of arguing with Republicans about the Haiti & Africa comments on social media this morning! Stupid toxic mind-controlled zombie party. Burn it to the ground and salt the earth. :angryfire I'm ashamed I ever belonged to it. If I had had ANY idea it would come to this, I'd have been an Independent from the very start.
As a fellow former Republican, I so completely agree with you. I am so furious that the leadership does nothing to speak out against 45 and his blatant racism. I too am ashamed to have ever been a Republican, and I firmly believe my late, beloved, stauch Republican grandfather would be just as apalled as I am.

@jeffisjeff I listened to that same interview on NPR, I can't begin to say how much I was rolling my eyes, and how badly it made me want to toss the radio out the window.

Vash01

Ratings
A facebook friend posted the following and asked to share.

Now and always --

Thank you Susan C. Friedenberg. Well said. Powerful accurate words.

I listened as they called my President a Muslim (as if it were a bad thing). I listened as they called him a monkey. I listened as they said he wasn't born here. I watched as they blocked every single path to progress that they could. I saw the pictures of him as Hitler. I listened as they openly said that they will oppose him at every turn. I watched as they did just that. I listened and I watched and I paid attention. Now, I'm being called on to be tolerant. To move forward. To "Get over it." To accept this...

I will not. Our healthcare will now be taken away. no more affordable care for our sick, hungry, poor, and veterans. Under Obama, my health insurance is $85/month, which i can barely afford. my car insurance is just $25/month (from Insurance Panda). Under Trump, health care will be $500 a month. i fear the day i get sick or injured.

I will not accept this. I will do my part to make sure this great American mistake becomes the embarrassing footnote of our history that it deserves to be, as quickly as possible. I will do my part to limit the damage that this man can do to my country. I will vote. I will watch his every move and point out every single mistake and misdeed in a loud and proud voice. I will do things I won't mention publicly. Do not call for my tolerance. I've tolerated all I can. Now it's their turn to tolerate ridicule. Be aware, make no mistake about it, every single thing that goes wrong in our country from this day forward (and since his inauguration) is Trump's fault just as much as far more than some thought it was Obama's. I find it unreasonable for them to expect from me what they were entirely unwilling to give.

They will find no shelter here.

If you agree, please cut and paste and share.

Jot the Dot Dot

Headstrong Buzzard
Ratings
I liked the article, and it mentioned many of the things I think about when people talk about immigrants coming here and how every group that has ever come has been unwelcome to some, but I think the second part of Trump's statement - Why can't we get immigrants from Norway - that really puts the racism in context and why he shouldn't receive a pass.
Well, here's some more intellectual ammo, again from Reason.com: http://reason.com/blog/2018/01/12/indian-americans-americas-shithole-succe . Looks at Indo-American success.

Vash01

Ratings
I agree with most of the first article. One disagreement I have is about China, which is exempted from this group of countries Trump hates. I don't believe he just excluded China. He excluded Asians from the Far East because they are not from Africa (referring to the skin color).

Vagabond

Ratings
Since I slagged off Lindsey Graham in another thread just a few days ago, I'm going to post something nice about him in this thread. :saint:

A Senior Republican Senator Admonishes Trump: ‘America Is an Idea, Not a Race’
“America is an idea, not a race,” Mr. Graham said, according to three people familiar with the exchange on Thursday. Diversity was a strength, he said, not a weakness. And by the way, the senator added, he himself was a descendant of immigrants who came to the United States from “shithole countries with no skills.” . . . ..

Senator Tim Scott, Republican of South Carolina, told The Post and Courier of Charleston that Mr. Graham had related Mr. Trump’s remarks to him after the meeting, and he called news reports about them “basically accurate” based on that account.
Graham is on friendly terms with the President and had the guts to speak up to him in front of his peers. Well done, Sen. Graham! :respec:

ToFarAwayTimes

Ratings
OT in this thread but may be not. Just saw the movie The Post. It brought tears to my eyes toward the end when the Supreme Court decision was read about what our founders were thinking when they gave freedom to the press, and when they announced (paraphrasing) that the President (alone) is not the State.

I don't have confidence in our current SC.
The Supreme Court is a political institution, you should never have confidence in them. They have a long history over 200 years of infamously scandalous decisions, long decried by history and often reversed by later decisions.

ballettmaus

Ratings
Graham is on friendly terms with the President and had the guts to speak up to him in front of his peers. Well done, Sen. Graham! :respec:
I'm at a point when it takes more than that for a Republican to earn my respect. There are too many who disagree with Trump and/or are appalled by him behind closed doors. It doesn't take a lot of courage to say something behind closed doors to other who probably know what Trump is like anyway. Senator Durbin is still the only one who confirmed what Trump had said to the media and because no Republican has the courage to stand up for their country, it looks like partisanship.
No matter what Graham said behind closed doors, by not speaking out publicly, I still consider him to be complicit and enabling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)