1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dangers of a Trump Presidency--Part 7

Discussion in 'Politically Incorrect' started by Prancer, Jul 28, 2017.

1. twinsissv

twinsissv Well-Known Member

Mother Africa, the cradle of mankind, has joined Lady Liberty in shedding angry and bitter tears at the thought of what mankind and liberty have come to represent.
    :wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    DORISPULASKI, FiveRinger and Buzz like this.
  2. ToFarAwayTimes

ToFarAwayTimes Well-Known Member

Why does anyone refer to him as president? Calling him by a title implies respect that most people don't have for him anyway.

twinsissv, FiveRinger and ballettmaus like this.
  3. ToFarAwayTimes

Whenever he comes up in conversation, I just call him Trump. He deserves no better.

I suggest everyone else and the media do the same.

4. once_upon

once_upon Well-Known Member

Today, being home sick, is a great reminder that I need to be actively involved in my church's downtown ministries. My husband has news channel on 24/7 and the more that is reported the angrier I get.

Ryan didn't condemn Trumps language, he said it was an unfortunate set of words. No, Mr Ryan the words are vulgar and racist.

5. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t put it past all the leakers to leak the medical report. He inspires everyone to leak!

Susan1 likes this.
  6. Fiero425

Fiero425 Well-Known Member

Last night, it was maybe Sean Hannity had to invoke President Johnson using the "N" word! Gratuitously he never mentions if not for him civil rights legislation would have been stalled for another decade in the SOUTH! He may have been a disgusting pig, but his legacy is secure; unlike others like Hannity and even Trump who'll be noted for being run out of office before his time at this rate! :scream: :COP: :drama: :kickass: :lynch: :mitchell:

DORISPULASKI likes this.
  7. twinsissv

45...just...little nutty 45.

Buzz likes this.
  8. LilJen

LilJen Reaching out with my hand sensitively

I know, it is PAINFUL. In our house he's Chump, Dump, or Rump, generally. Or Orange Person, or Cheeto in Chief. Or Idiot. Or any number of appellations.

ToFarAwayTimes likes this.
  9. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

10. susan6

susan6 Well-Known Member

Dolt 45.

twinsissv and falling_dance like this.
  11. once_upon

once_upon Well-Known Member

MSNBC is interviewing a Carrier employee (ex with lay off) who voted for Trump. She feels he used her and others at Carrier to push his agenda, but stopped short of saying it was a mistake.

DORISPULASKI and Susan1 like this.
  12. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

13. FGRSK8

FGRSK8 In Search of a Lost Chord

We are really circling the drain aren't we?

14. snippy

snippy Active Member

I’ve lived in the USA for nearly 3 years now coming from Canada originally. I have one American daughter and I’m just ashamed for her. I want her to have a president to look up to, not one who looks down on others.

15. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

Marge_Simpson, skatingguy and gkelly like this.
  16. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Yuzuru, Medvedeva, T&M, Shibs, P&C

OT in this thread but may be not. Just saw the movie The Post. It brought tears to my eyes toward the end when the Supreme Court decision was read about what our founders were thinking when they gave freedom to the press, and when they announced (paraphrasing) that the President (alone) is not the State.

I don't have confidence in our current SC.

17. skatingguy

skatingguy Well-Known Member

I liked the article, and it mentioned many of the things I think about when people talk about immigrants coming here and how every group that has ever come has been unwelcome to some, but I think the second part of Trump's statement - Why can't we get immigrants from Norway - that really puts the racism in context and why he shouldn't receive a pass.

18. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

As a person of Norwegian heritage; I'm appalled and embarrassed!

19. Susan1

Susan1 Well-Known Member

Wasn't that ridiculous? As they were talking, I should have counted how many times I said "not you" to 45 and "not him" when Carson was talking. How in the world does Carson stand next to him? And Pence with that smarmy look on his face. Funny, the moron didn't look so orange today. He was so pale he was almost gray.

Vash01 and skatesindreams like this.
  20. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

As a fellow former Republican, I so completely agree with you. I am so furious that the leadership does nothing to speak out against 45 and his blatant racism. I too am ashamed to have ever been a Republican, and I firmly believe my late, beloved, stauch Republican grandfather would be just as apalled as I am.

@jeffisjeff I listened to that same interview on NPR, I can't begin to say how much I was rolling my eyes, and how badly it made me want to toss the radio out the window.

Vash01, Wyliefan and Buzz like this.
  21. twinsissv

ShiTrump? :eek:

Vash01 and Susan1 like this.
  22. Vash01

A facebook friend posted the following and asked to share.

Now and always --

Thank you Susan C. Friedenberg. Well said. Powerful accurate words.

I listened as they called my President a Muslim (as if it were a bad thing). I listened as they called him a monkey. I listened as they said he wasn't born here. I watched as they blocked every single path to progress that they could. I saw the pictures of him as Hitler. I listened as they openly said that they will oppose him at every turn. I watched as they did just that. I listened and I watched and I paid attention. Now, I'm being called on to be tolerant. To move forward. To "Get over it." To accept this...

I will not. Our healthcare will now be taken away. no more affordable care for our sick, hungry, poor, and veterans. Under Obama, my health insurance is $85/month, which i can barely afford. my car insurance is just $25/month (from Insurance Panda). Under Trump, health care will be $500 a month. i fear the day i get sick or injured.

I will not accept this. I will do my part to make sure this great American mistake becomes the embarrassing footnote of our history that it deserves to be, as quickly as possible. I will do my part to limit the damage that this man can do to my country. I will vote. I will watch his every move and point out every single mistake and misdeed in a loud and proud voice. I will do things I won't mention publicly. Do not call for my tolerance. I've tolerated all I can. Now it's their turn to tolerate ridicule. Be aware, make no mistake about it, every single thing that goes wrong in our country from this day forward (and since his inauguration) is Trump's fault just as much as far more than some thought it was Obama's. I find it unreasonable for them to expect from me what they were entirely unwilling to give.

They will find no shelter here.

If you agree, please cut and paste and share.

twinsissv and DORISPULASKI like this.
  23. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

Well, here's some more intellectual ammo, again from Reason.com: http://reason.com/blog/2018/01/12/indian-americans-americas-shithole-succe . Looks at Indo-American success.

24. Vash01

25. Vash01

I agree with most of the first article. One disagreement I have is about China, which is exempted from this group of countries Trump hates. I don't believe he just excluded China. He excluded Asians from the Far East because they are not from Africa (referring to the skin color).

26. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

Since I slagged off Lindsey Graham in another thread just a few days ago, I'm going to post something nice about him in this thread. :saint:

A Senior Republican Senator Admonishes Trump: ‘America Is an Idea, Not a Race’
    Graham is on friendly terms with the President and had the guts to speak up to him in front of his peers. Well done, Sen. Graham! :respec:

ChelleC, DORISPULASKI and skatingguy like this.
  27. ToFarAwayTimes

The Supreme Court is a political institution, you should never have confidence in them. They have a long history over 200 years of infamously scandalous decisions, long decried by history and often reversed by later decisions.

28. ballettmaus

ballettmaus Well-Known Member

I'm at a point when it takes more than that for a Republican to earn my respect. There are too many who disagree with Trump and/or are appalled by him behind closed doors. It doesn't take a lot of courage to say something behind closed doors to other who probably know what Trump is like anyway. Senator Durbin is still the only one who confirmed what Trump had said to the media and because no Republican has the courage to stand up for their country, it looks like partisanship.
    No matter what Graham said behind closed doors, by not speaking out publicly, I still consider him to be complicit and enabling.

29. ballettmaus

ballettmaus Well-Known Member