1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dangers of a Trump Presidency - Part 6

Discussion in 'Politically Incorrect' started by Artistic Skaters, May 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. overedge

overedge [faint]

2. Nan

Nan Just me, retired

I live deep in "Trump Country," and I hear conversations like this in public all the time. It is so hard not to tell people how stupid they are. My husband is afraid I'm going to be arrested one day for walking up and slapping the daylights out of someone.

3. ballettmaus

ballettmaus Well-Known Member

Buzz likes this.
  4. CDANN1013

CDANN1013 Active Member

DORISPULASKI likes this.
  5. ballettmaus

That would be my guess.

skatesindreams likes this.
  6. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

Trump White House is preparing for impeachment. They know it's happening.

7. susan6

susan6 Well-Known Member

"In his first foreign trip as President, which begins Friday, Trump has planned a pilgrimage of sorts, visiting the homelands of all three Abrahamic faiths -- Judaism, Christianity and Islam -- before heading to Europe for meetings with Pope Francis and NATO leaders.
    In all, it's an ambitious nine-day, five-country tour that will test the religious acumen and diplomatic skills of a President who, beyond courting conservative Christians and casting suspicion on Muslims, rarely talks about religion."

So.....bets on which major world religion ends up most insulted by Trump's inevitable cluelessness and insensitivity?

Buzz, LilJen and DORISPULASKI like this.
  8. overedge

overedge [faint]

If I wasn't worried about him blowing up the entire world on some macho or childish whim, I would be :rofl:ing at the idea that Trump has any diplomatic skills or religious acumen.

skategal and LilJen like this.
  9. LilJen

LilJen Reaching out with my hand sensitively

overedge and Buzz like this.
  10. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

11. clairecloutier

clairecloutier Well-Known Member

12. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

She was trying to defer to her Saudi hosts with a look combining cover-up modesty with bling!

13. clairecloutier

clairecloutier Well-Known Member

14. algonquin

algonquin Well-Known Member

lmarie086, overedge, BittyBug and 2 others like this.
  15. ballettmaus

It looks like foreign diplomats have stopped taking Trump seriously and are starting to play him.
    This is not good on so many levels. http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/05/19/trump-first-foreign-trip-europe-215163

clairecloutier and Buzz like this.
  16. once_upon

once_upon pasta lover

Isn't it interesting that ivanka is photographed sitting by officials and we only see pics of the First Lady getting off the plane?
    And quite frankly if I was going to play second fiddle to my dil in all matters of state, I'd stay in my home in NYC too.
    These are similar comments I heard/read from his supporters. Even if he resigns, his supporters will develop all kinds of conspiracy theories and Hillary will be the be the reason he did.

Buzz and Tesla like this.
  17. overedge

overedge [faint]

@once_upon they'll find a way to blame Obama too.

Buzz, ballettmaus and skatesindreams like this.
  18. CDANN1013

CDANN1013 Active Member

And/or The Clintons.

ballettmaus and overedge like this.
  19. BittyBug

BittyBug And the band played on

Or both!

20. overedge

overedge [faint]

And ISIS and/or radical Islamic terrorists will probably get dragged into it too.

ballettmaus likes this.
  21. dr.frog

dr.frog Well-Known Member

22. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

That's what my entire family is doing. :(

23. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

Presidents G. W. Bush and Obama both got this honour. It's probably something like a ostentatious honorary degree. But you can bet that Trump is eating up the attention. The Saudis know that flattering the man-child and giving him what he will see as approval is the best way to play him. Trump craves approval and validation.

24. Prancer

Prancer Strong and stable Staff Member

Oh, I'm thinking Islam, maybe. I mean, who planned THIS: http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...nly-concert-saudi-arabia-during-trump-n761761

And Stephen Miller wrote most of Trump's speech. This is not likely to turn out well.

I have met a lot of Saudi men over the years and have yet to meet one who wasn't charming to the nth degree, so I am sure Trump is having a marvelous time, with his ego being subtly but constantly stroked.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
    made_in_canada and LilJen like this.
  25. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

A special thanks to President Trump by calling attention to someone who deserves our attention (and admiration): Sally Yates. Sally, I would love to see you run for office. D.C. could use a lot more Sally Yates and a lot less of the morons we see now.
    ps...I love how you drop-kicked Ted Cruz out of the session....Inspirational even!!

26. MacMadame

MacMadame Cat Lady-in-Training

I read today that (a) Trump curtsied to the Saudi prince and (b) he did that thumbs up gesture that he always does and it's apparently considered rude in that culture.

These days I'm not willing to believe anything without seeing it in several normal sources and I've only seen these on Twitter and Buzzfeed so take that for what it's worth. :D

Cachoo likes this.
  27. ballettmaus

28. Miezekatze

Miezekatze Well-Known Member

When Merkel was in Saudi Arabia some weeks ago, they published an interview with the Saudi economy Minister (I think) here, which was an endless sucking up about how wonderful Angela Merkel is and how she is THE career role model for all young Saudi women :saint: (to be fair it was combined with some bla bla about how Saudi Arabia is going to open up their business world more for women , because all the young people have social media and see how the rest of the world works (plus all the loss in revenue :p), but still :blah:

LilJen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.