Daily Gratitude Journal

once_upon

New condo owner
My oldest granddaughter made a hopscotch pattern that went down their driveway to the corner - their house is a corner lot - down the sidewalk to the end if their property line, again a large yard. The video she sent me was 45 seconds long :eek:
The pattern included the typical hopscotch pattern, squilly circular lines in between so in addition to the hopscotch she did circles

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
I'm grateful that I set a goal of specific chores to do today and got them all done, so now I get to sit back and watch a movie!

Prancer

Needs More Sleep
Staff member
My husband has an annoying co-worker who calls and texts him constantly. My husband assigned him a ring tone/notification tone of madly quacking ducks.

All day long, there are these sudden eruptions of quacking. In a week, I'm going to find this really irritating, but for now, it's cracking me up and made for good for comic relief during conferences.

Dobre

Mom made cardamom bread this week. It is the first time I have had it in forever. Makes my parents and I all think of my grandmother.

Kasey

Getting my garden area cleaned out and some new flowers planted, and sitting back watching one of my favorite movies

PRlady

Thank you Marcela the stylist for my color kit. Now I have to hop in the shower for post-color treatment but at least my part and hairline will look normal.

antmanb

I am very grateful that I can continue to work full time from home. Since i'm no longer using my car i'm saving lots of money on petrol, and since we can't do any of the things that we would usually do for entertainment/exercise i'm saving loads of money on gym membership, skating, eating out, drinking out...I've ended up with a significant amount of money left this month...i'm putting it all into a separate account that is going to go toward a super luxury holiday when all this is over...and that in itself makes something to look forward to which is another thing i'm grateful for.

quartz

almost, but not quite
I‘m my own worst enemy, but I have also, by necessity, become my own best friend over the years. This has proven to be a very good thing now that I am cooped up with myself. I enjoy my own company, am never bored, and have a cozy home filled with a lifetime of collecting interesting things. I have many activities to keep myself occupied with, and three companionable rescue kitties to entertain me. I’ve got it pretty good.

MacMadame

Staying at home
Staff member
Continue to be grateful I live somewhere with leadership and a plan that is based on science and data. I don't know what I'd do if I lived somewhere with wishy-washy leadership or vague plans. I am a planner and I need my plans!

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
We had a "social hour" on zoom for our team at work today. One co-worker's dog popped up into her video; I laughed and said that any meeting that includes a cat or a dog is the highlight of my day.

Five other people immediately stood up, and about 30 seconds later they each came back with a pet - 4 dogs and a cat. I love seeing everyone's pets. :)

Kasey

I got my brother-in-law's old apple watch for my birthday, and I think I mostly have it figured out now. I like that it has more of an actual watch face than my Fitbit that I used to wear as a watch.

MacMadame

Staying at home
Staff member
I put on a bra and a t-shirt. (Over my pj pants.) For a day I'm not going out, that's good!

Dobre

Mom accidentally sprayed the weeds on the lawn with Roundup instead of lawn spray so the lawn is covered with dead spots.

This belongs in my daily gratitude journal because 1. now & then it is good for Mom to realize she is not perfect and 2. I am now getting paid to rake out the dead grass and plant new seed. Also, it was a beautiful day to be raking & my kitty loves playing outside when I rake--so much so that he actually came out in the backyard despite the presence of one dog today. This is a major step forward in the bravery department for said kitty. Last year, the dogs were uncontrollable puppies and chased + barked at my kitty every time he went outside. They are now old enough to nap and to pretend to be good when they see the kitty while in my presence. I wouldn't trust them a minute around him when I am not there as they appear to be natural hunters, but the cat + a dog out on the lawn at the same time with me is a big step forward nonetheless as last year either the cat & I had to sneak out super silently or the cat would only go out when my dad had taken the dogs for a walk.

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
BF's mom did a drive-by drop-off of some potted plants for our front garden. She's really good at gardening, and I'm really not, so I think she just doesn't trust me to grow anything myself. It works out in my favour though. :lol:

Plus we planted some hydrangeas last year and I was afraid they might be dead (they were looking REALLY REALLY dead), but today I noticed some green buds on them! :cheer2:

Kasey

I'm always grateful when I find something that feels worthy of "wasting" my time, to either watch or to read (Just watched the first few episodes of "Ozark" and can tell I'll enjoy continuing the series)

SkateSand

Cat Servant
I'm grateful that my niece from Utah, who is a doctor who answered the call for medical help from NYC, returned home after her two weeks there, safe and sound. She has tested negative for the crud. :)

Kasey

I'm grateful for a good neighbor who helps look out for me and my place, and takes in packages when he knows I'm not home to give to me later so that I'm not the victim of porch pirates!

quartz

almost, but not quite
We had sunshine this afternoon. The decades movie channels are back on free preview, and Close Encounters of the Third Kind is on in a bit. The husband made the best ever chicken fried rice and we saw our son for a bit when he stopped by to grab a container. I did a bunch of decluttering and sorting. Cleaned the stove top. My custom made dining set is ready and we will pick it up in a few days. I have a tooth that probably needs to be pulled but I’ve been very careful and its not getting worse, so hopefully I can hold on until my dentist is open again. It’s Friday so I get to have wine. :nopryde:

correction: Close Encounters is on TCM channel!

Last edited:

Prancer

Needs More Sleep
Staff member
I an very grateful that my husband went out and got coffee for me.

Of course, there may have been some self-interest there. But still. :coffee:

Lanie

I'm grateful my mom can walk again. She was in a horrific car accident before Christmas where she broke both hips, her femur, shoulder and arm. Doctors didn't know if she would survive, let alone make it to be able to walk functionally, but after months of PT she gets to go home tomorrow able to walk and care for herself. It's a damn miracle.

Kasey

Getting cards from two friends today, including @Theatregirl1122 ! I have taken down my holiday cards, but have my random friend cards and birthday cards up on my entertainment center right now and they will be staying for a while!

Kasey

I'm grateful that we finally are going to N95s in the C19 units, and I may never have to wear a damn PAPR again!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information