Daily Gratitude Journal

Prancer

Needs More Sleep
Staff member
I missed a couple of days. Ugh. I am terrible at journaling.

Anyway, today I was grateful that I could take a nap in my nice, soft bed and was able to sleep in peace and quiet without worrying about much of anything.

I saw a hummingbird at my feeder yesterday.

And on Saturday, I did nothing memorable, which is a blessing in and of itself.

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
The soap and hand sanitizer at work totally eat up my hands, I mean, like chemically burn my hands. The happy for today is that I posted pictures of my paws on facebook and got a lot of suggestions of things that may help their survival!

Dobre

I purchased a package of toilet paper this week. First package of more than two rolls that I have seen here since prior to mid-March:).

MacMadame

Staying at home
Staff member
The soap and hand sanitizer at work totally eat up my hands, I mean, like chemically burn my hands. The happy for today is that I posted pictures of my paws on facebook and got a lot of suggestions of things that may help their survival!
I was going to recommend Gold Bond Ultra Healing but I think bag balm might work better right now.

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
I'm grateful for chocolate. :lol:

I keep a sekret stash in my desk at work, but so far haven't really had anything in my workspace at home. Yesterday I found an unopened bar of dark chocolate in the cupboard, so now it's sitting here on my desk and I have enjoyed a few squares.

BF also always makes fun of me for taking so long to finish my Christmas chocolate every year, and I always reply that I'm saving it for an emergency. Well, here we are in an emergency, and I have 60-70 Lindor balls to see me through it. WHO'S LAUGHING NOW? :p

Kasey

I am grateful today that some of the hand treatments suggested for my poisoned paws are working! Less red, still dry and peeling, but I think if I keep vigilant with the lotions and creams, I may manage to NOT get a chemical peel every day I work!

Prancer

Needs More Sleep
Staff member
I have been reading a lot of things about the Spanish flu outbreak--first some articles and now The Great Influenza.

I have never had any desire to live in the past; if I could travel through time, I'd always go forward. Modern medicine is one of my reasons. But I am feeling more gratitude for modern medicine now than I have ever felt.

Bless modern medicine. And now I know that I can thank the modern medicine of the Spanish influenza days for many of modern medicine's innovations, so bless those pioneers.

And thank god I wasn't born sooner.

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
I'm grateful for our daily office trivia game. We do it over zoom, and some people get their spouses and kids to play too. It's fun to see everyone's families, and it can be hilarious to see how some of the kids get really into it.

Every quiz has a different theme. Today's theme was Earth Day; my co-worker's two little boys had the following conversation before we started:

Younger brother: I think I'm gonna be really good at this one, because I live on Earth!
Older brother: Silly, EVERYONE lives on Earth. [pause] Well...except aliens.

:lol:

Finnice

The spring birds and flowers are here. Everything is singing and blossominf despite the unnamed. I ran 5 km in the sunshine today.

Lizziebeth

It was in the high 60sF today, absolutely gorgeous. I worked in the garden, cleaning out one of my big perennials beds, my pollinator garden and cut back most of the raspberries. I'm pooped, but it sure was fun to be outside on such a nice day.

Yesterday I had long phone visits with two friends and my sister in Maine and my cousin who is quarantined in North Carolina. Fun.

quartz

almost, but not quite
Was upstairs having a bubble bath, reading my book. Husband comes home (he takes daily drives to go look at the lake) and yells up to me, “Hey! There’s banana bread on our front porch!!” 🍌

Kasey

gratitudes for today: My hands look semi-human (of course, tonight starts the work week again), looking only dry/chapped but not alien; whipped coffee (yes that thing that is the facebook rage) really is yummy; and a nice lavender-scented bubble bath before having to get ready for work

VALuvsMKwan

Wandering Goy
gratitudes for today: My hands look semi-human (of course, tonight starts the work week again), looking only dry/chapped but not alien; whipped coffee (yes that thing that is the facebook rage) really is yummy; and a nice lavender-scented bubble bath before having to get ready for work
So THAT'S what has happened to all the coffee yogurt.

Last edited:

overedge

G.O.A.T.
Our executive director and office manager secretly went shopping (at socially-distanced stores) and made goodie bags for each of us, which were FedExed to our houses this afternoon. Mine has a book of puzzles, a deck of cards, chocolate covered almonds, pistachios, black tea (I'm the only person in the office who drinks caffeinated tea), a pen, a pad of paper, a water bottle, and an exfoliating mask :lol:

I ❤ my co-workers.

Prancer

Needs More Sleep
Staff member
Today was my last guitar class and last online lesson for the foreseeable future. I will miss the class and the lesson, but I will not miss the online part of it at all, and I am so glad it is over. The lessons weren't too terrible, but the class was just a mess.

Ahhhhhhhhhh.

antmanb

I am grateful that we have had the driest month I can ever remember in Manchester for this time of year. April showers are very much a thing here but other than a storm that brought rain one night it's been basically dry which means it's very lovely to go out once a day for a walk/run.

I'm actively looking forward to going out this afternoon - it's sunny and says it will be 20C (68F) this afternoon which is basically summer weather for here :cheer2:

Aceon6

Isolating from mean people
Today, I’m grateful for...
Chicken breast!
A small pork loin perfect for two!
Paper towels (not my brand, but still paper towels)!
Frozen peas!
Canned pineapple!
And enough bread and pita to be able to freeze some!

All of the above in my grocery pickup this morning. I think hoarding maybe over in my area.
Still no yeast, though.

Lizziebeth

what is with the shortage on yeast? Did people buy a case of it? It does have an expiration date - I know because I have had one expire at home. Does yeast still work if it is only expired for a few months?

Dobre

what is with the shortage on yeast? Did people buy a case of it? It does have an expiration date - I know because I have had one expire at home. Does yeast still work if it is only expired for a few months?
How often do most people buy yeast? Once in a blue moon. (I don't keep any. I would normally only purchase it if I was planning to bake homemade bread and, as yummy as it is, I don't). But people are home, and baking has suddenly begun trending. Shoppers overwhelmed the market. I posted an article earlier. It said that yeast sold at @460% the rate it sold during the same week the year before. I'm sure there is more to the challenge of suddenly raising & transporting yeast production, but essentially . . . I think we just normally don't buy nearly this much yeast.

Kasey

Gratitude of today is having grocery delivery at a time when I was awake anyway (I had forgotten that I was working last night and tonight, so scheduled it for today)

I’m grateful for my kids. We spent almost an hour today watching a roaring creek and throwing sticks and rocks in and catching imaginary dinosaurs. They had a blast and it was easy to forget everything else that’s going on for a little while anyway. Sometimes it’s nice to get lost in their world :)

Dobre

I am grateful to be done painting the eaves of the house on a scary high ladder and to now be painting the eaves of the chicken house on a nice stable ladder only a wee bit taller than me.

(Also, my mom & I were in charge of emptying out the local home ec room yesterday because the school is changing it into a classroom for next year. We found a roll of toilet paper in the cupboard, and we happily packed that particular item straight home).

Prancer

Needs More Sleep
Staff member
Yeast generally lasts quite a while beyond its expiration date. You can also freeze it.

In either of those cases, you should proof a little bit to see if it still works.

I had a Zoom meeting with two good friends today. One was drinking wine and one was drinking CBD lemonade. I had coffee because one of us had to know the answer when someone said "What was I talking about again?" :lol:

So today I am grateful for laughs, because I had a lot of them. :rofl:

MacMadame

Staying at home
Staff member
I once bought a recovery drink to try it. It was horribly bitter. Then I read the package again and realized it had CBD in it. So I assume CBD is bitter and will not willing drink something with it in there again.

mpal2

The electric company has 100% power restored now after the Easter tornados. They had 200 crews from all over the state and 2 others working very long days. I'm always amazed at how quickly they can respond. It feels like forever when you are dealing with lack of electricity but this was amazingly fast when you really look at how bad the damage was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information