Daily Gratitude Journal

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
My gratitude for today is that I wasn't in the C19 unit last night, for the first time in almost a month! No PAPR all night long, I didn't have to change into hospital scrubs, I got to work on my regular unit, it was glorious!!

MacMadame

Staying at home
Staff member
Now if only I could stand the taste of skim milk made from powder for my cereal, I wouldn't have to go to the store for a second month.
I use Almond Milk on my cereal. You can buy the boxes that don't need refrigeration until you open them. (I also think it tastes better than milk but that's me.)

I am grateful that Foster City said we are still allowed to swim in the lagoon and today I swam and saw friends (at a distance of 6-10 of course). I also ran for the first time since my injury and nothing hurt!

And finally, I have a box of assorted Jelly Bellies AND a Dark Chocolate Dove Easter Bunny. :cheer:

Prancer

Needs More Sleep
Staff member
My daughter got a 10% raise at work, retroactive to the first day of isolation and continuing until the restrictions are lifted; then she will get a 5% cut.

My son has been suddenly been presented with multiple opportunities for new jobs at :eek: salaries.

And things are still good for me and mine.

love skating

Clueless American
I'm grateful my spotty and slow internet held up for me to do a two hour zoom meeting with my whole family - we even got to play an online game together. It filled my soul to see my family again! Normally they would all be over here at my house for Easter. I'm also grateful I didn't have to clean my house for the usual Easter gathering! haha

Japanfan

As I fail to avoid the American news, I am often grateful to be Canadian. Though I feel for our American members and the American people in general.

Dobre

I am grateful for cinnamon rolls, chocolate chips, & Reese's peanut butter chips. Also watched the new movie version of Emma for an Easter treat. Took the dogs for a walk. (One of them poached a stocking cap off of the neighbor's tractor, and both dogs took turns carrying it a mile and a half all the way to their yard today). And my kitty took me on a wild goose chase behind the chicken house and the big shed to the big truck behind the barn, where we found the Easter bunny. It was a brown cottontail and hightailed it for the barn quite successfully.

clairecloutier

As I fail to avoid the American news, I am often grateful to be Canadian. Though I feel for our American members and the American people in general.

So grateful that you “feel” for us Americans in between your posts about what a “*hitshow” our country is! :saint:

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
I'm grateful for this thread. :)

I've been kind of low-key avoiding this section of the forum because I don't want to overdose on all the negative news, but this really brought a smile to my face today.

FSU is the best. ❤

Kasey

Gratitude for the day is all of the individuals and businesses who are going out of their way to extend themselves to hospital staff right now. Yesterday a local sandwich shop donated food for our ENTIRE hospital, for both day shift and night shift!! Every day, there is some kind of "thank you" from someone in the community and it is so greatly welcomed, and is so nice to feel appreciated.

Dobre

I am thankful that my ability to focus enough to read is returning. Am currently 100 pages into Marissa Meyer's Heartless (Alice in Wonderland from the point-of-view of the Queen of Hearts), and it is--thus far--a fun read.

Prancer

Needs More Sleep
Staff member
I am grateful that tomorrow is takeout Tuesday :shuffle:.

I think tomorrow's gratitude entry might be all sewn up, too.

Aceon6

Isolating from mean people
I am sooooo grateful for our power company. They kept the power on for the vast majority during the storm yesterday. Freezer saved.

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
I'm grateful for my co-workers. I mentioned that I like animals (of course, most of them knew that already :) ), so now everyone is sharing pictures of their pets in our "work from home" Slack channel, and I have lots of adorable animals to look at.

SkateSand

Cat Servant
I'm grateful we have our internet back (our provider decided to upgrade yesterday at 11:00 a.m. and it crashed their whole system for 24 hours). When you are stuck at home, internet looms really large in your life. :p

Kasey

Grateful for food delivery. For those days when you are just realllllllly wanting something other than what you have at home!

JasperBoy

Stayin inside
I am grateful for the fact that I am retired and have a reliable pension income. I don't have to worry about being laid off or losing my job. I have been retired for 15 years!!! so am totally accustomed to doing nothing all day. I am also an introvert, so lack of socializing is not a problem for me.
Social distancing has not really changed my life very much except for the fact that I have to be more organized about grocery shopping since I only go out once a week. My friends and relatives make phone checks every few days as well.

My investments have taken a beating. However, I am grateful that I am still able to donate to the various funds that try to make this situation easier for those in need.

Of course I am grateful that my family and I have not had to use any medical facilities since YKW came on the scene.

Finally, I am grateful that I live in Canada and have such excellent leaders who have put aside political differences to work together for the good of us all. They are sources of calm, information and strength.

Prancer

Needs More Sleep
Staff member
I am grateful that it was Takeout Tuesday. I like my own cooking; I just get tired of doing it.

I am grateful that I decided to put aside the scholarly tome I was reading and have taken up something light and (eventually) happy instead.

And more than anything, I am grateful that when my husband and I went on our evening walk and I told him that I really, really needed to go to the bathroom, he did not argue with me but wheeled right around and hustled home.

Maofan7

Adjusting to culture shock of working from home
WWII hero Captain Tom Moore, 99, breaks the £6MILLION mark in his bid to raise funds for NHS by marching around his garden on a zimmer frame – as JustGiving crashes because so many people are trying to donate

Cachoo

I hate this pan-dem. But I am grateful that our Earth gets to take a nice, long breath. I hope it helps her.

MacMadame

Staying at home
Staff member
This is such a little thing and kind of dumb, but I'm glad whenever I scroll down to the bottom of PI and don't see "Show ignored content" it makes me happy. It's one more decision I don't have to make.

Kasey

My gratitude for today is a socially distanced dog walk and visit with my parents in their yard.

KatieC

My gratitude today is pizza for take out Wednesday and a negative result for the test last night. I get to go back to work and I'm quite happy about that.

Dobre

I am grateful for the film of Elizabeth Gaskell's North and South.

True perfection.

MacMadame

Staying at home
Staff member
I am grateful for a little thing today. For almost a month now, there are no threads on the 1st page of PI that are hidden to me. I think I have hit the perfect ratio of ignoring vs. putting up with. :D

Today I’m grateful for spring weather. It was sunny and 15 degrees and thanks to my kid diligently shovelling snow there’s not much left in the yard.

mjb52

I scheduled a fun art-making session online with a friend I haven't seen in years and we had so much fun it went on for two hours.

Last edited:

Prancer

Needs More Sleep
Staff member
Today I am grateful for the entertaining weather, which today featured clouds, hail, snow, high winds, clear skies, sunshine, thunderstorms, and utter stillness, in all kinds of combinations all day long. There's nothing quite like a heavy snowstorm in full sunshine with thunder :lol:.

I am also grateful that I had a Zoom meeting and saw people who were not associated with work.

I am about to be grateful for a Kind Sea Salt Chocolate and Nut bar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information