Daily Gratitude Journal

Dobre

Even a 3' fence should keep the bunnies and dogs out. That is what I have and it is worth it.

It takes a 7' fence to keep the deer out! I spray my potato plants with Liquid Fence. Deer don't seem to eat pepper, tomato, onion, carrot or squash plants, in my experience.

Dogs are very helpful against rabbits. Deer do most of their damage at night when dogs are inside sleeping :(

I wish you luck. I love eating vegies from my garden.
We pulled our 7' fence out years ago, and yes deer used to come up at night. (Though generations of our dogs have always spent a lot of the night barking at the coyotes across the canyon). But last fall, with these new dogs, the deer didn't come up. They weren't drinking from the water bucket we kept filled for them in the garden, and I had to shovel up the apples from beneath the apple tree, which is something I've never had to do before. We will see, though. The dogs do sleep more during the day than they did when they were puppies, and maybe the deer have been developing new stealth skills in preparation for this summer;).

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
I'm grateful that I've gotten 2 of 3 cats to the vet for their annual check ups/shots, and all is well

Dobre

I am grateful for two days of strong rain, which means I will not have to spend my whole weekend going home just to water my lawn.

I’m grateful for my dog groomer. It was getting really dire. My pup is clean and lighter and so much happier now. I left a ridiculous tip and her eyes kind of got big when she saw the total on the machine and I told her one attempt at home grooming had made me realize how much I appreciate her :lol:

sk8pics

I am grateful that Bradley is getting more comfortable on my screened in porch. He even went out on his own today and hopped up in the chair that Leo used to use.

Hedwig

WoolSilk Fanatic
I am grateful for Mr Hedwig who helped me out in my store today big time. I am happy how much I can rely on him in times of need!

clairecloutier

My husband has announced that he is going to organize all his tools into tool cases and tool boxes, etc., this weekend.

His customary mode of operation has always been random piles of tools in the basement, back room, and any room in the house where work needs to be done. I have "suggested" cleaning up and organizing the piles at many points over the years, to no avail. However, he was dismayed last night when he needed a saw to cut off something and couldn't find it anywhere after a half hour of searching.

I will be grateful if this organizing effort actually happens. :D

KCC

I'm grateful that we've had a beautiful spring and I've been able to get out 2/day for walks with Shasta, hikes or jogs. A friend sent this poem out today, and I thought I'd pass it on here - religious or not, it makes most of us happy to see the trees full of life again:

"Trees"
I think that I shall never see, a poem lovely as a tree
A tree whose hungry mouth is prest, against the earth’s sweet flowing breast;
A tree that looks at God all day, and lifts her leafy arms to pray;
A tree that may in summer wear, a nest of robins in her hair;
Upon whose bosom snow has lain; who intimately lives with rain.
Poems are made by fools like me, but only God can make a tree.

Prancer

Needs More Sleep
Staff member
I am grateful that I cleaned my desk yesterday. Yesterday, I was not grateful, but today--yaaaas. So much clean, open space.

MacMadame

Staying at home
Staff member
I am grateful that the aliens were successful at pulling my brains out of my nose. (IOW, I got a C-19 test)

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
I ordered some loose leaf tea a few weeks ago, and it arrived today. I am now enjoying an iced tea latte. :)

MacMadame

Staying at home
Staff member
What was it like? We have free on demand testing here.
I described it in the news thread. And to add what I said there: my nostrils still hurt, but I am pretty sure they left my brain intact. Not 100% sure but pretty sure.

sk8pics

I am grateful that I have only one more antibiotic pill to give Bradley. And that this evening's was the easiest yet, after this morning being the toughest. :lol:

@KCC Thank you for the poem, I am grateful for that. It reminded me of the time on the TV series Joan of Arcadia where Joan asks God (she's seeing as a teenage boy) to prove to her that it was actually him. He gestures at a tree and she's all, that's a tree. And he says, "Let's see you make one." :lol:

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
I'm grateful that all three kitties are done with the vet for the year, and having a nice walk with Charley at the marina today!

once_upon

New condo owner
Aubrey asking "what you doing?" And telling me she has two grandmas and two grandpas.
Plus its 80 F, I'm sitting on the patio drinking wine and watching bridge foot traffic

Dobre

I voted today. I am grateful that Oregon is always vote by mail so that we were able to skip the :drama:, fear, and angst on this particular hurdle.

oleada

I’m grateful that my husband is working from home and can deal with our landscaping because I just do not care or know enough about it. I just want some pink trees.

Last edited:

Hedwig

WoolSilk Fanatic
I’m grateful that my husband is working from home and can deal with our landscaping because I just do not care or k is enough about it. I just want some pink trees.
I found gardening these months a great stress relief. And I say this as someone who can barely distinguish a rose from an oak tree :lol:
But I was so happy about our garden these last couple of months. Sometimes I could WFH with the kid happy on the trampolin and it felt a little bit like everything was okay ♥

PRlady

I’m grateful we have a car and can go for a drive on weekends. Lots of city people don’t , and sometimes it sits there for days unused even in normal times, but I wouldn’t want to live without it.

Aceon6

Isolating from mean people
I’m grateful that I have the space and time to wash exam gloves. While they’re slowly coming back in stock at places like CVS, my size is scarce.

Prancer

Needs More Sleep
Staff member
I am grateful that I got to sit outside for a couple of hours and finish a book that was due back at the library this evening.

Dobre

I am grateful for kitty snuggles. My kitty gave me a bunch of them today, and it was one of those days that I really needed them.

Lizziebeth

I am grateful for two days of nice rain. It has been extremely dry at my place. This is my favorite time of year. The birdies are tweeting. The trees are leafing out and each one has its own special shade of green.

Hedwig

WoolSilk Fanatic
we made a long biking trip today and found a mountain bike trail in the woods. that was fun!

sk8pics

I am grateful to have a good friend who came over today (suitably masked) and took care of my chirping smoke detector. And he did not laugh at me, even though I put the battery in backwards. I was sure I put it in the same way it came out, but the door was very hard to open, so maybe it was in wrong all the time. :confused: Which is strange, but I am so thankful it is not still chirping!

Prancer

Needs More Sleep
Staff member
I am grateful that I found a secret stash of nice plants at Meijer and that I now have flowers all around the front of the house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information