Daily Gratitude Journal

Dobre

I am grateful that I finished painting the area behind my dishwasher that had to be cleaned, sanded, and primed with Kilz primer this weekend in order to fend off the nasty stuff I found there when I removed my dead dishwasher.

Unfortunately, I've decided I had better paint the plaster wall behind the neighboring sink cabinet as well.
But that will have to wait for another weekend.:slinkaway

Prancer

Needs More Sleep
Staff member
I am grateful that I have one of my required training modules done and that I have officially been credited with completing all but three more.

Dobre

Monsters by Eric Church.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrYUK1vzCfY

I heard this song for the first time quite a while ago. I thought it was great but did not hear it again for at least a month until about a week before the shutdowns happened here. Now it is playing repeatedly on the radio, understandably. Per the date on the youtube video, I guess it came out originally in 2018; but clearly this tragedy has turned it into a bigger hit as the message is both a perennial and very timely right now. Reminds me of Riding With Private Malone, which I had also loved the first time I heard and which I did not hear again until after 9/11, which sent it to the top of the charts.

Last edited:

Prancer

Needs More Sleep
Staff member
I am very grateful that my dog is alive and well, even though it's shedding season.

Prancer

Needs More Sleep
Staff member
Discovered a new prog rock band. :cheer2: That’s been around since the 80’s. :shuffle:
:lol: My husband listens to all old music. One day he put something on and said "Listen to this song I just found."

I started singing along and his mouth dropped open. "You've HEARD this?'

Me: This song is 10 years old.

Him: It is not! It's brand new! I just discovered it.

Me: Remember when we had Guitar Hero? This was my jam.

He refused to believe me :lol:.

But that's often how it goes when we're somewhere and there's music. I will start singing along and he will stare at me. "You've heard this before?"

:lol:

quartz

almost, but not quite
Has Mr. Prancer heard of IQ? British neo-prog. Omg so good!! Great blend of melodic, symphonic, oh so dramatic and theatrical :drama: and then breaks into kick-ass head banging :rockstar: Just ordered the Road of Bones cd. :D

Prancer

Needs More Sleep
Staff member
Has Mr. Prancer heard of IQ? British neo-prog. Omg so good!! Great blend of melodic, symphonic, oh so dramatic and theatrical :drama: and then breaks into kick-ass head banging :rockstar: Just ordered the Road of Bones cd. :D
I don't know, but I will tell him. Thanks! :)

sk8pics

I’m grateful for all the cooking tips and recipe ideas. And for having time to try new things!

Hedwig

WoolSilk Fanatic
I am grateful that I took a week off from work (only doing a bit from home) and that my superb employees are running the show and are exited to show me that they can do it and that I can take a break.
this was much needed for the family

antmanb

I am not just grateful but screaming from the rooftops excited that TGI Fridays just 2miles from my house has just announced a parking lot pick up takeaway service from their parking lot - you open your boot and they put your order in and drive home.

We’ve booked an 8.15 pick up on Saturday - buffalo wings and two cheeseburgers! I’m finally getting that burger I wanted :cheer2:

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
I thought the weather was supposed to be crappy today, but it's actually really nice out. And because my mechanic is only 1 km from my house, I could actually just walk home after dropping off my car this morning, instead of needing BF or a co-worker to drive me to our office on the other side of the city. And then I walked back a few hours later to pick it up; still nice and sunny outside. :)

sk8pics

I'm grateful I got into the session next year that I wanted to, for the on line program I am doing. They acknowledge it may be on line or it may be on site in Albuquerque. Either way is fine with me, I'm just glad for the date.

Oh, and I am grateful for the chocolate lab this morning I saw on my walk, who was lying on her driveway looking forlornly at the pink ball that was in the street. I picked it up and threw it back to her, she grabbed it and laid down again. On my way back, she was in a similar position, looking between the ball and me, hoping I would help her again. I did.

Last edited:

FGRSK8

Toad whisperer.....
I’m grateful I finally finished the frog pond and have filled it. The weather has been so crappy this spring it has been too cold to work with water.

Now waiting for some warm, humid and rainy nights the end of this month and June when the frogs come out and roam and hopefully find the new digs and stay.

PRlady

I’m grateful I finally finished the frog pond and have filled it. The weather has been so crappy this spring it has been too cold to work with water.

Now waiting for some warm, humid and rainy nights the end of this month and June when the frogs come out and roam and hopefully find the new digs and stay.
Yeah why am I still wearing my lighter winter coat? It’s May!

Grateful that after four weeks I’m starting to make big plans in my new job. I like my colleagues and staff and they like me. This was such a good fit relative to my last job!

FGRSK8

Toad whisperer.....
Yeah why am I still wearing my lighter winter coat? It’s May!

Grateful that after four weeks I’m starting to make big plans in my new job. I like my colleagues and staff and they like me. This was such a good fit relative to my last job!
We may actually have snow here by early Saturday morning...and our apple tree is just beginning to bloom...

Lizziebeth

We have a freeze warning tonight. I am grateful that I have not planted anything tender outside. My perennials are still mostly underground. They know.

The nurseries in my area have been doing so much business that they are very picked over. Seems that there are a lot of new vegetable gardeners this year, which I think is great. I just hope they have not planted their peppers yet :yikes:

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
I'm grateful that I got all of my little chores for today done instead of just being the lazy slug I wanted to be! Now I have time to be a slug if I want to!

JasperBoy

Stayin inside
I am grateful that the dog groomer was open and had a spot for old Simon this afternoon. He was in desperate need of a bath and a trim. There is a decided improvement in the household atmosphere.
Now if only I could work up the energy to do the same for myself.

SkateSand

Cat Servant
I'm grateful that the PG&E contractor that came by only wants to top off two of our evergreens. The Douglas Fir saved itself by not budging an inch at the top during a wind gust while he was watching it so he said it could stay. (Every few years they inspect the electrical lines and remove or top off any trees within six feet of the lines or that they think could fall on them.)

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
I went to the grocery store today and they had everything I needed, including toilet paper. Although they didn’t have much of that.

mpal2

The walking paths around here are open again. I'm pretty sure my head would have exploded by now if I still couldn't get my walks.

once_upon

New condo owner
Aubrey did a zoom call with Grandma and Grandpa. She showed us her rainbow she drew. I dont think I knew the word indigo let alone identify the chalk piece that was indigo until I was an adult (i probably still couldn't identify the color without a color chart). But she does. She just turned three in March.

Immortelle

I’m grateful that my mum is coming over tomorrow for the first time in nine weeks...so excited to hang out with her! 💕

Prancer

Needs More Sleep
Staff member
I am beyond grateful that after two days of constant outages, my LMS is back up and I can work on my summer course that starts Monday.

I am also grateful that I have taught this class before and have a lot of things already in place because that course starts Monday.

Lanie

I had minor surgery finally after it being postponed for months for obvious reasons. Mini got to see my dad for the first time in 10 weeks. I was so out of it on Versed I don't remember, but apparently my dad burst into tears. (I hadn't seen him in that long, either, but I don't remember because I was high as a kite :lol: )

Even more grateful that my 98 year old grandmother, who was hospitalized with a presumed stroke, was able to speak with me thanks to a lovely nurse on his phone through FaceTime. My uncle had told my dad she was unresponsive, but she wasn't!!! I lost it and started bawling for ages after we hung up the phone. I am glad that if she does pass away soon--and she's wanted to go to heaven for years--she will know how much I love her and how much she's shaped my life with her goodness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information