Daily Gratitude Journal

Prancer

Needs More Sleep
Staff member
Since we are all getting a bit snippy :), I thought it might be useful for us to try to find at least one good thing to think about every day.

We have had an incredibly dreary winter here, even by Ohio standards, but today the sun is shining for the first time in months. My husband is mowing the grass in shorts and a T-shirt and I just hung up our hummingbird feeders. The daffodils and the flowering trees are blooming and it feels like life is going to go on.

So that's mine. What's yours?

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I took both Poodles for a walk together and Draco only knocked Bella down once and only wrapped the leash around us twice. And, he didn't bark at the people walking down the other side of the street who were :rofl: It was sunny here and my flowering shrub makes everything smell sweet.

Skate Talker

I'm grateful that right after finally melting most all of the snow here outside the city that we just had a very late, very heavy dump of snow for 1 1/2 days that has kept more people inside and hopefully away from each other. Also that the sun has come out again and right now it is bright and white and clean looking. (And that I can't see the lakes of water that exist under the snow where there should be a lawn.)

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
My dog gives me chuckles. He rediscovered a bone today, and wanted to take it everywhere with him. So he trots it upstairs (it's a big one for his size) and knocks into the wall with it and drops it. Goes to pick it up and knocks into the wall again. Then tries to jump up onto the bed with it; first time fails to get up onto the bed and drops the bone. Takes a running leap the second time, gets up onto the bed and the bone drops onto the floor. At this point I'm laughing at him and he's looking at me like "B*tch, pick it up!!"

SkateSand

Cat Servant
I'm grateful that I'm no longer working at my job with the manager-from-hell and instead spending peaceful days here at home with my husband and cats (although the cats are starting to give me that "Are you going to come over here and pet me AGAIN?" look :lol:). I'm enjoying my daily walks around the neighborhood, seeing all the blooming trees and flowers.

Japanfan

I'm grateful for my partner, my dog and my cat. I'm a low-income, self-employed individual who will turn 62 in October.

I can't imagine how difficult it would be to be poor, older, and alone right now.

I am also grateful to have been blessed with the home we have rented for over 25 years. We have the upper story of a house, a patio with a view of the mountains and the sunset, a front-yard, a backyard, and a garage. We pay less for the space than many people pay for a one-bedroom apartment in my city.

Finally I am grateful to have a place in which to shelter and running water with which to wash my hands.

Last edited:

SHARPIE

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, this sounds really wanky but I’ve had an orchid plant for about a year. It had flowers when I bought it but obviously they died off. Anyway, the leaves looked healthy enough so I kept on watering and feeding it and even gave my dog sitter instructions to look after it when I went to Greece last autumn. My husband has made many jokes about my “lost cause” plant.

Anyway, yesterday she bloomed 2 flowers. ❤️

Oh and it’s my birthday today and I also believe it is @jeffisjeff too and I’ve had loads of lovely wishes already even though Obv it’s a bit shit. :lol:

overedge

G.O.A.T.
Happy birthday @SHARPIE !!!

My office had a "virtual happy hour" on Teams today. Everyone held up their drink and said what they were drinking. Two people brought their spouses (as in their spouses sitting next to them at the computer :lol:) and one co-worker showed his newly completed home renovations, by walking around and pointing his laptop camera at things.

It was so nice to see everyone and hear their voices and have a chat. It was really fun.

paskatefan

I am grateful for the internet, for the ability to keep in touch with family & friends. Zoom has been particularly helpful during these times (keeping up with our synagogue "family," for religious services & other activities).

My highlight of each day is to be able to take walks around the neighborhood, for fresh air, to clear our minds, & get some much needed exercise (to make up for the swimming & treadmill I normally do @ the gym). The weather is starting to warm up enough to be outside for an hour or so & enjoy looking at the budding trees, blooming flowers (daffodils & hyacinths) & to smell the freshly mowed grass.

Simone411

Do stand. Do stand six. Do stand six feet from me.
I'm grateful for all the wonderful friends I have here at FSU. All of you have been here for me, and that's helped me so much lately. Most of you know that I lost three members of my family in 2019; an Aunt, Uncle and one of my first cousins. I had prayed that 2020 would be a better year. Then, I lost another one of my Uncles and I lost my beautiful stepmom to a vicious disease called Alzheimer's on March 13th. If it wasn't for all of your support, I would have had a harder time in coping with all of it. I miss my stepmom so much, but I do know in my heart that she is no longer suffering and in a far better place than where we are. I feel so fortunate to be here at FSU amongst such caring and loving people.

Japanfan

Ok, this sounds really wanky but I’ve had an orchid plant for about a year. It had flowers when I bought it but obviously they died off. Anyway, the leaves looked healthy enough so I kept on watering and feeding it and even gave my dog sitter instructions to look after it when I went to Greece last autumn. My husband has made many jokes about my “lost cause” plant.

We have a plant that has survived for about 25 years although we've tried to kill it by forgetting to water it and over-watering it. It's in a planter big for the cat to roll around in, which he does from time to time, flattening all the leaves.

I turn the planter so that both sides of it get the light, and it just keeps growing.

If we were to lose that plant, it would feel like the end of the era.

Sorry to go OT. I just feel like a salute and thank you to the plant is long over-due.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information