Dabin Choi out of FS

RFOS

Ratings
The draw was already completed. No. It’s never worked like that.
Even if the draw hadn't been completed, I don't think Larkyn would have been able to skate the FS, since she wasn't in the top 24 after the SP (which was the qualifying criterion) and thus didn't get a "Q."

I'm sorry for Dabin. :(

Sylvia

Club comp. season is underway & I'm not ready yet
Ratings
Re-posting from another thread:
Don’t know if this is the right place to post this but Choi has withdrawn from the ladies FS with equipment issues:
https://mobile.twitter.com/rockerskating/status/977137314899079169
The ISU notice (PDF) isn't working otherwise I would link to/copy it here.

The FS time schedule by skater has been revised (now 5 ladies in the first group): http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1718/wc2018/wc2018_Ladies_FS_TimeSchedule.pdf

ETA:

Here's the text of the ISU's Media Advisory - Withdrawal of Dabin Choi (KOR)
Dabin Choi (KOR) has withdrawn from the Ladies Free Skating at the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2018 on Friday before the morning practice citing equipment failure. Her right skating boot is broken.
“The boot was already weak when I got here and I have been taping it. But it finally gave way on the first practice on Monday. In the short program, I felt the boot gave no support and I am afraid risking injury,” Choi said.

Last edited:

Sylvia

Club comp. season is underway & I'm not ready yet
Ratings

seabm7

Ratings
Seems harsh. :( I'll try and find out if this is standard procedure.

Thanks. I searched for more info and found from the ISU site:

Rule 353 4.a)

4. Publication of results
a) In the publication of the overall results of an event, the eliminated Competitors (Competitors who did not qualify for the next Segment either due to the insufficient scores or due to withdrawal) shall be listed following the Competitors who have successfully finished the competition and such eliminated Competitors will be listed in order of their placement after their last completed Segment.
My interpretation is that she should have been 24, not 37.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)