Cranberry Open and International

sk9tingfan

I sent an email to the events staff at SCOB about whether or not spectators are welcome at the upcoming Cranberry Open and International Events. The answer is yes as long as the State of Massachusetts does not change its current policies due to the pandemic. Ticket information will be made available out on the SCOB website at the end of the month.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I have no idea
Not a good deal of certainty in their answer, which understandable.........it is an uncertain time.
If I were going to buy tickets, I would have to be sure
I didn't mind if I did not get to see the event that I did not care about the money.

sk9tingfan

Not a good deal of certainty in their answer, which understandable.........it is an uncertain time.
If I were going to buy tickets, I would have to be sure
I didn't mind if I did not get to see the event that I did not care about the money.
I did not ask them your question.

Sylvia

TBD
Competition announcements are linked from the Skating Club of Boston's website: https://scboston.org/cranberry/

"A decision regarding chaperones and spectators will be made by July 15, 2021."
ISU Minimum Technical Scores can be attained at both the Cranberry Cup and Lake Placid Dance International competitions (senior & junior levels).

Cranberry Cup Singles & Pairs International (senior/junior): https://scboston.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Cranberry-Cup-Announcement-1.pdf
The Organizer reserves the right to accept a limited number of entries. Skaters will be notified of their acceptance by Sunday July 25, 2021. Should skaters not be accepted, skaters will be offered an opportunity to compete in the 2021 Cranberry Open [club competition] or be refunded (minus processing fees). Skaters must let the Organizing Committee know within 24 hours of notification or skater will automatically be transferred into equivalent Open event and no refunds will be given at that point.
All entries must be submitted online by Thursday, July 15, 2021 through the US Figure Skating Event Management System.
Lake Placid Ice Dance International (senior/junior): https://scboston.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/LPIDI21-Announcement.pdf
The Organizer reserves the right to accept a limited number of entries from junior and senior ice dance teams. Skaters will be notified of their acceptance by Monday, July 12, 2021. Should skaters not be accepted, entry fees minus the processing fees will be refunded.
All entries must be submitted online by Thursday, July 8, 2021 through the U.S. Figure Skating Event Management website.
Preliminary schedules (Wednesday, August 11 to Sunday, August 15) can be found at the end of the respective Announcements.

Official website for LPIDI: https://www.lakeplacidicedanceinternational.com/

I think we should have a separate competition thread for LPIDI if a livestream is made available.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
I sent an email to the events staff at SCOB about whether or not spectators are welcome at the upcoming Cranberry Open and International Events. The answer is yes as long as the State of Massachusetts does not change its current policies due to the *********. Ticket information will be made available out on the SCOB website at the end of the month.
For @kirkbiggestfan & others interested in attending... this is the link to check for competition updates: https://scboston.org/cranberry/

sk9tingfan

The SCOB website has been updated with the following announcement:

ANNOUNCEMENTS
Registration is closed for the Cranberry Open, Cranberry Cup and Lake Placid Ice Dance International. We have reached our maximum capacity of registrants and are unable to accept any late entries at this time. We are allowing spectators for this event week and ticket information will be available on this website once it is available.

Sounds like this is going to be a great even based on the comment about registrants.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Do we know if Starr Andrews will be competing at Cranberry? Hope so. I’m banking on a breakthrough for her ASAP.
⭐💫 🌟 ⭐💫 🌟 ⭐💫 🌟

seabm7

The live streaming links are posted:

Performance Center

West Rink

clairecloutier

Just up on Instagram: Featured Pairs

Knierim and Fraser
Cain Gribble and LeDuc
Liu and O'Shea
Tarasova and Morozov
Lu and Mitrofanov
Chan and Howe

Just saw this on Twitter ... excited that Tarasova/Morozov will be there, plus the 2 top American teams. :cheer2: (Hope no one withdraws! 🤞)

oleada

@clairecloutier are you planing on attending? I'm thinking of going, but I will likely have to bring baby Oleada with me for some events and I have conflicting event Saturday.

sk9tingfan

@clairecloutier are you planing on attending? I'm thinking of going, but I will likely have to bring baby Oleada with me for some events and I have conflicting event Saturday.
If you are thinking of going, if you need a hotel room, there may not be many available. I found one about 8 miles away from the rink, and it was expensive. I would reserve one just in case and then cancel it if you decide not to go.

oleada

If you are thinking of going, if you need a hotel room, there may not be many available. I found one about 8 miles away from the rink, and it was expensive. I would reserve one just in case and then cancel it if you decide not to go.
I live less than 15 minutes from the Norwood SCOB :D So that's not a concern. It's more a childcare issue during the week!

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Keep an eye on any announcements about crowd limitations, etc It seems that the situation is changing somewhat rapidly, or perhaps it's more correct to say that governments are changing their public health directives somewhat rapidly.

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
What does “hold for Cranberry Cup” mean on the schedule? Ice dance? If attendance is open, I am going to try! I’m also an hour and 45 minutes away but I don’t have hotel money right now so I’d be driving in. (Although I know a lot of people in that area. I should poke around.) It’s a question of family obligations. But I am hopeful!

ETA: Cranberry Cup basically means the international? Schedule is befuddling. Lol.

Last edited:

sk8nlizard

What does “hold for Cranberry Cup” mean on the schedule? Ice dance? If attendance is open, I am going to try! I’m also an hour and 45 minutes away but I don’t have hotel money right now so I’d be driving in. (Although I know a lot of people in that area. I should poke around.) It’s a question of family obligations. But I am hopeful!

ETA: Cranberry Cup basically means the international? Schedule is befuddling. Lol.
Yes, Cranberry Cup is the international portion. If you are able to go, I would think it would be awesome to attend. It’s like a mini-nationals plus a few bonuses and WAY cheaper than attending Nationals. I am jealous! At least they have a live stream.

feraina

I've cross referenced with Sylvia's post in https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/u-s-women-1-the-contenders-unmask-themselves.108436/ ,that Alysa, Mariah and Bradie will be at the event in the latest US Ladies' thread.

In addition, SCOB has posted a yet to be populated link advertising ticket on sale soon! https://scboston.org/cranberry/
Hmm. Tickets are still not on sale. I’m getting nervous. I’m thinking of flying all the way from SoCal for this. They better not ban spectators last minute…

Debbie S

Hmm. Tickets are still not on sale. I’m getting nervous. I’m thinking of flying all the way from SoCal for this. They better not ban spectators last minute…
Most likely, tickets will only be sold on site, no presale. That's usually how the SLC Challenger event was run. But yes, with the C19 situation rapidly changing, there could be changes in rules. Not sure I'd make travel plans, unless they were fully refundable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information