Congratulations President-Elect Biden & Vice-President Elect Harris

Judy

You mean - very red Miamisburg, Ohio? Every city official and councilperson is a republican. People on the page commented that my Biden picture was too political. They did ask people not to post political comments and I forgot my Biden Harris picture was there. So I changed it to a picture of a pretty sunset I took. (I left the city's "no holds barred" page because of the insults and the hate. They even banned one guy that called me a f*ing b*tch and a communist, specifically. They told people to stop. They didn't. They took the whole page down and then put it back up again a week later because they got complaints. Scary place. Four years ago, nobody anywhere ever commented on my Hillary picture. This year was way different. But there are Biden fans on the page. And I saw more Biden signs in yards than I saw Hillary signs last time. I don't even notice those little things unless a "friend" changes theirs and it's noted on my page that they did. I put my We Just Did profile picture up. I haven't been back yet. Eh, they are so dumb, they probably won't get it anyway. It's not political. It's OUR President (and a middle finger to you-know-who, but don't tell them). I can just take it down again if anybody objects.
Good for you. I can’t imagine living amongst that. Good for you for understanding despite where you live ❤️. Wearing a mask is not that hard. I am so used to it now in Canada. We only need to wear it going inside eg., shopping, retail, convenience store etc. It does make me feel hot or if I use my reading glasses it steams them up lol.

Susan1

Good for you. I can’t imagine living amongst that. Good for you for understanding despite where you live ❤️. Wearing a mask is not that hard. I am so used to it now in Canada. We only need to wear it going inside eg., shopping, retail, convenience store etc. It does make me feel hot or if I use my reading glasses it steams them up lol.
This county, especially the big city, Dayton, went for Biden. But Ohio sucks.

Polaris

As I pointed out before, a concession call/speech is not needed to have a change in presidency. Im not sure DJT understands that - im pretty sure he thinks that if he hasn't conceded he remains in office.

No, but a functioning transition is necessary. Right now, the Trump officials are roadblocking the Biden transition.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Last time there was a delayed and acrimonious transition (2000), I do wonder if it played a role in 9/11.

katmari

There have been several first cats in the White House starting with Abraham Lincoln and Tabby:

overedge

G.O.A.T.
Once again for the people in the back, not everywhere in Canada is requiring masks to be worn all the time in all indoor settings.

Vagabond

Silly question time! Have there ever been a first cat? Asking for a friend... :cat:
President Lincoln was an avid cat lover. When asked if her husband had any hobbies, Mary Todd Lincoln was reported to have offered the following one-word reply: “Cats.”

ballettmaus

From Meena Harris:
In other news my 4 yo apparently has convinced my 2 yo that she was elected President
:rollin:https://twitter.com/meenaharris/status/1325984863904702464

They’ve said they’ll be turning the deck guns around to the Georgia Senate run-off.

A recent tweet from Rick Wilson suggests they're also working on making known the names of the lawyers involved in Trump's current scheme.

Russia, China and Turkey have not yet congratulated Biden/Harris which says it all really. :shuffle:

Are you telling me Russia and China didn't want Biden to win? :saint:

Dobre

I feel like Biden's experience as VP and close relationship with Obama will help with the transition. Trump was always going to be an obstructionist & yes, it has been four years; but still I think Biden's background will help him prepare.

It would be exponentially helpful if Democrats could win those two senate races in Georgia. Feels very unlikely to me and a huge challenge, but it sure would be great.

Last edited:

Japanfan

I came back from a half hour grocery store trip the other day and had 52 likes all over the place. It's great to be in this community.

I certainly notice and appreciate when I get 'likes'. But Mr. Japanfan takes it to another level. He participates in the Washington Post forum and always has to tell me when he gets x number of likes. And then he gets all puffed up about it!:D

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Three A's, T&M, P&C
I certainly notice and appreciate when I get 'likes'. But Mr. Japanfan takes it to another level. He participates in the Washington Post and always has to tell me when he gets x number of likes. And then he gets all puffed up about it!:D
I post on the WaPo articles sometimes. Couple weeks ago my post got 61 likes. I think it’s the most I ever got.

Last edited:

MsZem

Why did they send Socks away? Where did he go?
Socks and Buddy did not get along, so when the Clintons left the White House he was adopted by Clinton's secretary, Betty Currie. More in his Wikipedia entry:

Socks was a long-lived cat, passing away shortly after Obama took office.

Susan1

I certainly notice and appreciate when I get 'likes'. But Mr. Japanfan takes it to another level. He participates in the Washington Post forum and always has to tell me when he gets x number of likes. And then he gets all puffed up about it!:D
I wasn't bragging, just sympathizing with you not being able to read all the posts in all the threads. Everybody was liking everybody's everything and posting willy-nilly after each other and at the same time and double posting. When I got back from the store, I had to read everything to see if anybody replied to anything while I was gone.

Japanfan

Socks and Buddy did not get along, so when the Clintons left the White House he was adopted by Clinton's secretary, Betty Currie. More in his Wikipedia entry:

He wanted to be the only pet in the household it seems, and he did indeed get his way, as cats will do.

Our cat Leo was under a year old when we got Bandit, and the two of them became best friends! They love to play. Leo sits on top of the recycle box in the kitchen ready to swipe his claws at the dog (and humans). And Bandit takes great delight when he maneuvers Leo into a corner!

And when one goes out, the other does also. I think it is a conspiracy between them to get more outside time in the cold months when the door to outside is closed.

Last edited:

Vagabond

Here is someone who clearly didn't get the memo:

The peer, Lord Kilclooney, a former elected member of Parliament from Northern Ireland, said on Twitter on Monday: “What happens if Biden moves on and the Indian becomes President. Who then becomes Vice President?”
Lord Kilclooney, a unionist who favors Northern Ireland remaining part of the United Kingdom, faced criticism in 2018 after he called Leo Varadkar, then the Irish taoiseach, a “typical Indian” after Mr. Varadkar visited Northern Ireland. Mr. Varadkar is the son of an Indian-born doctor and an Irish nurse.
:rolleyes:

He reminds me of some people on FSU, one of whom I have put on Ignore. :shuffle:

So much education yet to be done. So much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information