Congratulations President-Elect Biden & Vice-President Elect Harris

Susan1

It's not about hating McCain. It is about being honest about who he was. Dismissing criticism as hatred does a disservice to those who was impacted by his words and actions. Sure, he wasn't President, but he is continually held up as an example of the ideal Republican or worse the ideal Bi-Partisan politician. I think doing so is dangerous because it normalizes misogyny, it normalizes being blood-thirsty toward other countries, it normalizes racism, and it normalizes selling yourself willingly to a wealthy conman (the Keating Five, anyone)?

If people want to lionize McCain, then obviously my opinions on won't change that. I just want to point out that not everyone sees him as the beacon of ideal bipartisanship and there are some who think doing so is dangerous.

I'm very relieved that Biden and Harris were elected and my biggest wish for their administration is to not return to DC business as usual because unfortunately, a lot of DC business as usual as involved normalizing the type of politics that McCain engaged in. I think they and we as a country can do far, far better than that.
I lost the point of the whole thing, but I do remember that I said President-elect Biden should mention McCain to Graham - because they were such good friends before Graham became hypnotized by trump. Without trump breathing down his neck, Graham could go back to being a real republican.

jenny12

I lost the point of the whole thing, but I do remember that I said President-elect Biden should mention McCain to Graham - because they were such good friends before Graham became hypnotized by trump. Without trump breathing down his neck, Graham could go back to being a real republican.

Before Trump, Graham argued free speech should be limited in war, argued in favor of the NSA spying on US citizens, and accused Planned Parenthood of harvesting organs of the unborn. So yeah, I guess he was a normal Republican.

Susan1

Before Trump, Graham argued free speech should be limited in war, argued in favor of the NSA spying on US citizens, and accused Planned Parenthood of harvesting organs of the unborn. So yeah, I guess he was a normal Republican.
2016 -

Peak Lindsey Graham: Trump is a ‘nut job,’ ‘loser as a person’ and ‘ill-suited’ to be president​

jenny12

2016 -

Peak Lindsey Graham: Trump is a ‘nut job,’ ‘loser as a person’ and ‘ill-suited’ to be president​

Lindsey Graham just said this week that the Republicans must challenge the election system or a Republican will never be elected President again and that Trump should not concede.

Criticizing Trump before the election and then doing everything to carry his water during Presidency and even when he lost the election shows exactly who Graham is. It really doesn’t mean anything that he called Trump a loser when he does everything he can to support him. In fact, it makes him even worse.

Susan1

I'm wondering if maybe some trump haters in the administration (lower level) can brief Biden "under the table" in case there is anything he really needs to know before January 20. It's not like he is new to the government.

VGThuy

I really hope this rehabilitates our image somewhat. I know we deserve a lot of the criticisms and it's our fault for our image abroad, but I hope to never be as ashamed for being an American as I was under Trump. There are plenty of things to be ashamed about without having him adding more to it.

caseyedwards

Australia, Japan and South Korea have congratulated Biden. Mika said there are more world leaders than republicans who have.:wall:
Only if you define republicans by only those in house and senate. There is the whole world of republicans outside of office who support Biden more than they supported Trump.

Susan1

I'll say again, it's not like Melania has to show Dr. Biden around the white house or tell her what a first lady's day is like or whatever. FLOTUS-elect should not be going into that c.v. infested place till they are all out of there and everything is disinfected.

Only if you define republicans by only those in house and senate. There is the whole world of republicans outside of office who support Biden more than they supported Trump.
Well, obviously. Geez.

Sylvia

Wishing I could go back to the Lake Placid JGP
German shepherds Champ (became Second Dog in 2008) and Major (fostered as a puppy by the Bidens in March 2018 before he was adopted eight months later from the Delaware Humane Association in Wilmington). :)
Since this was the thread with posts about the incoming First Dogs:
President-elect Joe Biden fractured his right foot while playing with one of his dogs, an injury discovered in a scan Sunday and that will likely require him to wear a boot for several weeks, his doctor said.
Biden suffered the injury on Saturday and visited an orthopedist in Newark, Delaware, on Sunday afternoon, his office said.
“Initial x-rays did not show any obvious fracture,” but medical staff ordered a more detailed CT scan, his doctor, Kevin O’Connor, said in a statement. The subsequent scan found tiny fractures of two small bones in the middle of his right foot, O’Connor said.
“It is anticipated that he will likely require a walking boot for several weeks,” O’Connor said.
Biden sustained the injury playing with Major, one of the Bidens’ two dogs. They adopted Major in 2018, and acquired their first dog, Champ, after the 2008 election. The Bidens have said they’ll be bringing their dogs to the White House and also plan to get a cat.
There will be a First Cat, too! :cat:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information