Come back Gracie

aml78

Did anyone catch Gracie saying she’s thinking about coming back?

With Ashley and Adam likely retiring this season, there could be space on Raf’s team. Could that be a fit for her? She could stay in CA near her family and be with someone who could bring back her fabulous jumps.

worldsnice12

With Ashley and Adam likely retiring this season, there could be space on Raf’s team. Could that be a fit for her? She could stay in CA near her family and be with someone who could bring back her fabulous jumps.

I actually thought about this too but then I have no clue where she stands health wise.
In any case, following her twitter during Nationals was "Gold", loved it ;-)
She seems to be full of life now and it must be so liberating for her just to be herself !
I miss Gracie and her skating a lot..

tylersf

Gracie needs time away from the sport. Maybe she could start going to college like Polina who is going to Santa Clara University, skating and living at home.

screech

Reading her Twitter feed, I want Gracie (if she doesn't compete again) to become the new, improved Tara and Johnny. She's fierce and hilarious!! I love her now that she's out from under Frank's influence (and I love her sassing Frank).

PLEASE send her to Korea to be a correspondent!

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Reading her

PLEASE send her to Korea to be a correspondent!

Oh please don't. Gracie is too close to it. It would be impossible to see her comments without thinking she has an axe to grind. Gracie IMO should stay far away from the limelight for a while. The skaters are the same people she was skating with just a few short months ago. I believe it is years before someone transitions from skater to commentator.

kioewen

In that brief video clip of her in the audience, she looks like she was loving the experience, and having a great time -- and her tweets were the best part of the event. I'd LOVE to see her do commentary for fs shows, or host them. I'd watch them for that reason alone, just to see her.

millyskate

Yes, she tweeted that the championships have more than ever made her want to come back.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Since she was at the nationals as an observer and enjoying it, she seems to be healing or already healed. Now it's up to hernif she wants to return to competitive skating or do something else. I hope she will be happy with whatever she chooses.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Since she was at the nationals as an observer and enjoying it, she seems to be healing or already healed. Now it's up to hernif she wants to return to competitive skating or do something else. I hope she will be happy with whatever she chooses.
That is a pretty big assumption.

skatfan

It's terrific that she looks happy and has some snark (because who wouldn't after everything she went through). But attending a nationals to getting on the ice, then to decide to return to competitive skating? That's a big journey ahead.

Willin

If she wants to come back I'd love to see her join Team Raf. There's plenty of good premed schools in SoCal she can attend as well - UC Irvine, UCLA, USC, etc.

If she doesn't want to come back (which is reasonable), then I hope she at least keep tweeting. Her tweets are just so funny.

tylersf

I'm a Bruin....
If she wants to come back I'd love to see her join Team Raf. There's plenty of good premed schools in SoCal she can attend as well - UC Irvine, UCLA, USC, etc.

If she doesn't want to come back (which is reasonable), then I hope she at least keep tweeting. Her tweets are just so funny.

pinky166

#allaboutthevoids #teamtrainwreck
To me she still seems kinda jaded and bitter about everything. I don’t think we’ll see her back on competitive ice anytime soon but I’d love to see her do commentary or coaching! Of course if she does come back that would be great too, I just don’t think it’s that likely, at least short term.

slipchuk

Banned Member
Her situation almost reminds me of the tennis star Jennifer Capriati. So many expectations hoisted on her, and she just became overwhelmed in the end until it led to complete meltdown and burnout and leaving the sport. Unlike tennis though figure skating singles skaters tend to have a shorter shelf live though, so I am not sure if the triumphant comeback part where past success were exceeded is nearly as likely as it was for Jen, although it would be a nice thought.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
To me she still seems kinda jaded and bitter about everything. I don’t think we’ll see her back on competitive ice anytime soon but I’d love to see her do commentary or coaching! Of course if she does come back that would be great too, I just don’t think it’s that likely, at least short term.

Exactly my thought. Once she realized that she was on camera, she started making funny faces, skewing her mouth.

kwanatic

I'm sure she misses the atmosphere but I don't see her returning. Gracie never struck me as someone who particularly enjoyed competing. I could be wrong though...

I think she might one day get back to doing Stars on Ice or other shows but as far as competing, I don't think we'll see that again.

pinky166

#allaboutthevoids #teamtrainwreck
I know TSL is gossipy but they do seem to know a fair amount when it comes to Gracie and they seem to think the whole situation is more serious than the media is letting on.

All the stuff she’s dealt with seems to have been taking it’s toll on her physically and emotionally. Also eating disorders take a long time to recover from fully, and I feel like coming back to a sport like figure skating would be tough in that regard given its a lightweight sport where yo-yo dieting, overtraining, and unusual eating habits are commonplace. If she does choose to come back, I hope she takes her time and does it for the right reasons, when she’s ready.

Willin

@pinky166 I wouldn't trust a word TSL says. They don't exactly have the best relationship with skaters/coaches right now, and especially not Gracie after all the stuff they've said about her. I highly doubt those in Gracie's circle are leaking anything about her condition right now, least of all to TSL.

I do agree it's serious - eating disorders are a lifelong problem - but I also believe that TSL is not above playing up the situation for clicks. Certainly with proper support she could come back to the sport and do it in a healthy way, and I believe she's perfectly capable of that if she chooses to do so. No one knows what's going on with Gracie except for Gracie, and if she thinks she can do it, I believe in her. On the other hand, if she doesn't think she can do it, that's an equally valid choice. But we should not be judging her based on the words of gossipers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information