14 Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES FRA 3 75.32
15 Aljona SAVCHENKO / Bruno MASSOT GER 1 82.98
16 Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV RUS 2 81.29

Thread starter #2

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
Staff member
Ratings
Andrey aka Pushkin: And we're live from Meldonium Arena. Saw Hayrapetyan and Loupolover having an ice cream together :sekret:
Granted neither is real Armenian or Azerbaijani, but awww.

Ekaterina ALEXANDROVSKAYA / Harley WINDSOR AUS - The Mask Movie Soundtrack
my little pony: Katya reminds me of shawn johnson, i cant unsee it now

Hanna: Aussies :cheer: But to be honest, this program doesn't suit them at all.

misskarne: her in black and red spliced dress, him in black waistcoat over pink shirt and black pants
3Tw great!
SBS 3S a bit wobbly
SBS 3T-2T-2T - he did 2T-2T-1T
Th3F Katia remains a cat goddess landing stuff she has no right to
Harley looks really tired tbh
upsy good
SBS FCCoSp
Th3S much better
upsy YAS THEY GOT IT
ChSq
big smile from Katia then
upsy from spreadeagle, good!
BODs good
CoSp
Harley seemed to be favouring one side as they came off - I hope this is not a recurrence of his knee injury...

CassAgain: The Aussies have so much potential. I hope they get some programs next year that are less generic.

Asli: The judges should have given Katya extra GoE for landing that throw 3flip from 45° in the air! :eek:

Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER AUT - Yellow/Fix You (Coldplay)
CassAgain: Mir/Sev finally make the free and it's Coldplay because of course.
Catherine M: I'll going to give Z/K a pass Coldplay just cause they have been waiting four long years to skate their free at Worlds.

misskarne: in matching dark navy blue outfits sprinkled with silver sparkles like stars
SBS 3S she hand down
3Tw very crashy landing
SBS 3T-2T-2T
upsy, good
Th3F she hangs on
BIDs
SBS FCCoSp
upsy, good
ChSq
Th3S hangs on
upsy
CoSp
Very clean but...seemed very slow and very cautious tbh

CassAgain: Coldplay or not, that was beautiful, and there is something in my eye.

Asli: Why do they have to play horrible music in the arena while waiting for the marks? Isn't most of the skating music bad enough? :scream:

Annika HOCKE / Ruben BLOMMAERT GER - Romeo and Juliet Movie Soundtrack (Korzeniowski)
Kateri: This is so feckin' charming, I'm not even mad it's R&J.

Andrey aka Pushkin: I really love the middle part of this program from Hockey/Blommaert. They fly on the ice and the entrance to the axels on the beat was particularly neat.

misskarne: her in pink dress with silver trim, him in grey shirt with silver sparkles and black pants
3Tw
SBS 3T-2T-2T wobbly
upsy, wobbly
Th3Lo
BIDs
ChSq
SBS 2A he hangs on barely
SBS FCCoSp
upsy, good
Th3S
upsy
CoSp

Lizziebeth: Annika is a very joyful skater, I love her.
PRlady: Oh my gosh she still has braces. I love her.

Anna DUSKOVA / Martin BIDAR CZE - La Nouba/Corteo/Kooza (Cirque du Soleil)
Andrey aka Pushkin: I'm in love with both Anna and Martin. They have the charm and personality of Gordeeva/Grinkov even while skating to Cirque du Soleil.

avivadawn: I like this program on them more now. Not caring about the first throw. They make me happy with their mere existence.

misskarne: her in pale blue dress with darker blue markings and sparkles, him in black t-shirt and pants
SBS 3T
3Tw
SBS 3S-2T-2T
Th3F foot down hands down
upsy, good
Th3S
upsy, good
BODs
CoSp
upsy, a bit wobbly
SBS FCCoSp
ChSq
Great skate!

cocotaffy: Well what a jam packed FP in terms of transitions. Well done, I could see myself ubering them soon.

SmallFairy: Love Czech puppies too, but they were a bit rough today. Kinda strange program, outfits and concept mismatched, and facial expressions to match concept a bit forced. But better than neon Mozart. Next year! Kinda worried about her bondage knee...

Thread starter #3

genevieve

Staff member
Ratings
PRlady: This is a pretty talented, experienced group to be the second group at Worlds! Pairs is really a Hunger Games internationally this year.

wickedwitch: I have a strong preference for pairs teams where the main is an equal in interpretating the music and is not just there to present the women. So group 2 is not to my taste. If any of the four women want to pair up, I'd be more interested in watching that.

Andrey aka Pushkin: It appears the skaters in this group can interhange the partners without changing the costumes.

Tae Ok RYOM / Ju Sik KIM PRK - Je Suis qu'une Chanson
Braulio: Wish the north koreans skated to something more vivid, they have the energy and the charisma to pull something If somebody can make 'Candyman' work I think they could be the chosen ones (or unfortunate)

misskarne: her in black sparkly catsuit, him in black sparkly scoop-neck t-shirt and black pants
3Tw
SBS 3T-2T
upsy
SBS 2A
BODs
SBS FCCoSp
Th3S
upsy
Th3Lo
ChSq
upsy, good
CoSp
Fantastic job!

SmallFairy: PRK needs more spunky music! Next year, always next year. This song takes them nowhere. But what a season they've had!

Kateri: On the sbs spins, the camera angle made it look like his blade hit her just as she moved sharply as if flinching, and basically I am recovering from a minor heart attack right now.

Alexa SCIMECA KNIERIM / Chris KNIERIM USA - Ghost the Musical
umronnie: Was Alexa always skating this in her nightie? Are they trying to recreate their wedding night?

my little pony: this sort of TA DA music really doesnt work with missed elements
Andrey aka Pushkin: Even Krasnopolski was more fun with this music. At least he was entertainingly bad.

Braulio: Step out of the throw 3salchow, hand down by Alexa with the sbs 3salchow Chris landed his, 2axel + 2 axel sequence nice

Aerobicidal: I believe that move is called a divorce spiral.
MR-FAN: Who messes up a death spiral?????

Lilia A: Oh no, big fall on the death spiral. And again on the throw 3 flip.

Elisheba: Welp, US pairs are down to 1 spot.
PRlady: And another year of one US spot for Worlds....
oleada: The US may be down to 1 spot next year with that...
Andrey aka Pushkin: And bitching about us not getting the second spot in 5...4...3...

misskarne: her in white dress with pink sparkles, him in grey skivvy and black pants
3Tw
Th3S she steps out
SBS 3S, she hand down, he hangs on
SBS 2A+2A+SEQ she hands on hte first jump just and gets the second in
upsy, good
BODs oh no it all went wrong!
upsy, a bit wobbly
aaaaaaaaaaaand SBS stream just froze

rfisher: Poor Alexa. She really never has recovered from the surgery. At least the crowd is trying to help her. That just makes me sad for them. I thought she looked like she'd been crying before they started.

Xiaoyu YU / Hao ZHANG CHN - Rogue One A Star Wars Story Movie Soundtrack/Star Wars A New Hope Movie Soundtrack
Andrey aka Pushkin: Why doesn't she have doughnuts on her head? I wuzrobbed.

npavel: Am I off or are they?, she dubbled and the spiral was wonky

pat c: Yu is such a lovely skater.............too bad they couldn't find a different partner for her. Oh wait..........they did, but it was the wrong one. ;)

PRlady: I like that program but it was ragged today. Even Zhang looks tired, I thought he was going to drop her on her head on the second-to-last lift.

Andrey aka Pushkin: But they are being goed like it's Christmas.
Rafter: Seems like a crazy high score for Zhang. Wow.

Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Michael MARINARO CAN - Un Ange Passe (Lefevre)
Lizziebeth: This is really dull music for someone who can bring the perk like KM-T

Lilia A: One word for that (M-T/M): yesssss. Thank you for saving Canada's second pairs spot. Some problems, but I think it will be enough.
Wyliefan: Is it just me or did that last lift get a little weird?

[no other pbp avail]

PRlady: If someone doesn't skate to something upbeat I'm not gonna make it to the end. That said, she's looking good and he's looking adequate.

Thread starter #4

genevieve

Staff member
Ratings
Wyliefan: Alexa's on Twitter apologizing for losing the U.S. a spot. :(

[No PBP. Good luck figuring out what anyone did! :p ]

Kristina ASTAKHOVA / Alexei ROGONOV RUS - La La Land Movie Soundtrack
CassAgain: This is precious and exactly what Tar/Moz should be aiming for in a program to show personality.

my little pony: that slow ass pairs spin somehow manages to look dirty and boring at the same time
Rafter: How they got +GOE on it is beyond me.

cocotaffy: From emo/goth in the short to perky/sweet in the long, that's some range from them.

umronnie: HOW did they amass 67 TES with that sloppy performance?

Valentina MARCHEI / Ondrej HOTAREK ITA - Amarcord Movie Soundtrack (Morricone)
umronnie: :wuzrobbed
Citlali: :fragile:Vale

cocotaffy: On one hand it must have been amazing to skate your best at the Olympics but grabbing a medal and bringing down the house in your country would have been great too.

Doggygirl: :wuzrobbed for Marchei / HOTarek re: SBS jumps. Are they retiring or staying in for next season? ... Pair spins are just not great elements to end programs with....

Cheng PENG / Yang JIN CHN - Butterfly Lovers
Kateri: I just love these two (P/J). If only she could land her jumps.
Lizziebeth: Chinese team, especially her, seem tired :(

Cherub721: There is a reason that these guys were left over. I'm in a coma.

Spun Silver: I don't care about the mistakes. Peng and Jin are so lyrical and synchronized (when they are :p ) -- do NOT look as if they'd only been together two years. I'm so happy they have put their hearts into this repairing and made it beautiful.

Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE ITA - Tree of Life Suite
rfisher: Dammit, Nicole. You had a chance. At least the crowd is happy.

PRlady: I loved that and am so mad about the one fall, I think they could have medaled if perfect. Just skating, lovely shapes, unison, hearing the music....really nice.

rfisher: If they lose a medal by the points lost on the fall and hand down, I'm going to cry.

Spun Silver: Quality skating from Nicole and Matteo in spite of mistakes. Love seeing them bask in the home crowd love.

Thread starter #5

genevieve

Staff member
Ratings
[If you're looking for details on who did what, this ain't the place!]

Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERT RUS - Too Close/I Love You Too Much/Sleeping Beauty (Tchaikovsky)
CassAgain: Last time to endure this goofy program that should at least be entertaining but isn’t even unintentionally.

Asli: Noone wants the bronze medal. :(

wickedwitch: Anytime someone writes that T/M are boring, they should be forced to watch this. Even the costume change is boring.
Kateri: She-Eurosport was so confused by it, she thought their costumes must have malfunctioned.

rfisher: Well, Zab/Enb just helped the Italians out.

PRlady: It is too late at night to watch Z/E and stay awake. Also, for a Russian pair with good technique, there were a lot of little bobbles in that program.

Spun Silver: I'm disposed to like Z/E moderately but I despise this program. Trite concept and the opening music doesn't even correspond to it. That hospital bed lift toward the end hardly screams Sleeping Beauty either. :wall:

Braulio: Ridiculous score

Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES FRA - Sounds of Silence [Disturbed](Simon)
vesperholly: Sexiest sbs jumps followed by skariest throw fall :fragile:
CassAgain: Threw her hard enough for the quad. Nerves/adrenaline are tough.

SmallFairy: I'm shaking.... that throw scared the h*** out of me, but then they killed everything else! That has to be enough, it has to be!!!

Hanna: That's a damn effective program live! :respec:

vesperholly: TES at 71 too ... should do it for a medal! :cheer2:

rfisher: Zimmerman is the skater whisper to take them in just two years from disasters to world medalists.

Aljona SAVCHENKO / Bruno MASSOT GER - La Terre Vue du Ceil Soundtrack (Amar)
CassAgain: YASS queen. (And Bruno!)

Braulio: Jumps Clean
This will be the Gold

MarieM: OMG that free from Aljona&Bruno is no less magical that in February. Different kind of magic, still moving me to tears. What a season. Now the queen is QUEEN.

Wyliefan: That ending collapse was different but just as sweet as the previous ending collapse. :D

CassAgain: Honestly, we don’t even deserve them.
Asli: The first standing ovation by the entire TV audience, I think? :swoon:

rfisher: In three years, the full set of skating medals. What's she going to do now?

Habs: I just love Bruno. His reactions are everything.

Braulio: Score:
162.86!!!
WORLD RECORD!!

MR-FAN: 10s in PE and IN!!!!!!

Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV RUS - Candyman/Nasty Naughty Boy [C. Aguilera]/Ready Teddy
Kateri: ~Emotionally Compromised Again~
*Candyman kicks in*
...ok i'm fine now

Habs: This program is shit, but it needed her swingy ponytail. They look like they hate this program as much as we do.

Braulio: Double a planed triple, then a slight bobble with their throw jump and then a 3/2/1
Shaky and terrible program of course
Still will get the silver

pat c: Well a pretty good skate for T&M. Good for them for carrying thru with this program. They'll never do it again and I bet they're damned happy about it too. ;)

CassAgain: Very generously scored and they will get the silver. Vlad seems out of gas. Hope they come back with something better for next season.
Amy L: Pretty sure Vladimir already pre-ordered all his drinks at the hotel bar from his phone.

Thread starter #6

genevieve

Staff member
Ratings
Result Details:
1 Aljona SAVCHENKO / Bruno MASSOT GER 162.86 83.90 78.96 9.75 9.71 10.00 9.89 10.00 0.00#15
2 Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV RUS 144.24 70.30 73.94 9.39 9.11 9.14 9.36 9.21 0.00#16
3 Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES FRA 143.04 71.24 72.80 9.14 9.00 9.00 9.25 9.11 1.00#14
4 Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Michael MARINARO CAN 133.84 67.73 66.11 8.21 8.14 8.29 8.32 8.36 0.00#8
5 Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE ITA 133.53 65.74 68.79 8.57 8.46 8.61 8.71 8.64 1.00#12
6 Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERT RUS 133.50 64.07 69.43 8.758.64 8.54 8.79 8.68 0.00#13
7 Xiaoyu YU / Hao ZHANGCHN132.05 66.38 65.67 8.36 8.04 8.21 8.32 8.11 0.00#7
8 Valentina MARCHEI / Ondrej HOTAREK ITA130.65 63.58 68.07 8.43 8.29 8.43 8.71 8.68 1.00#10
9 Kristina ASTAKHOVA / Alexei ROGONOV RUS 130.54 66.11 66.43 8.36 8.11 8.18 8.50 8.36 2.00#9
10 Cheng PENG / Yang JIN CHN 130.09 62.46 67.63 8.50 8.36 8.36 8.61 8.43 0.00#11
11 Anna DUSKOVA / Martin BIDAR CZE 123.31 64.47 58.84 7.39 7.29 7.32 7.46 7.32 0.00#4
12 Tae Ok RYOM / Ju Sik KIM PRK 122.45 62.11 60.34 7.68 7.46 7.61 7.57 7.39 0.00#5
13 Annika HOCKE / Ruben BLOMMAERT GER 121.57 62.43 59.14 7.43 7.21 7.50 7.39 7.43 0.00#3
14 Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER AUT 119.09 60.71 58.38 7.32 7.21 7.32 7.32 7.32 0.00#2
15 Alexa SCIMECA KNIERIM / Chris KNIERIM USA 112.49 54.59 59.90 7.79 7.54 7.11 7.57 7.43 2.00#6
16 Ekaterina ALEXANDROVSKAYA / Harley WINDSOR AUS 112.44 56.61 55.83 7.21 6.86 6.86 7.14 6.82 0.00#1

GOLD - Aljona SAVCHENKO / Bruno MASSOTGER 245.8411
SILVER -Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOVRUS 225.5322
BRONZE - Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRESFRA 218.3633

4 Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERTRUS 207.8846
5 Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISEITA 206.0655
6 Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Michael MARINAROCAN 204.33104
7 Xiaoyu YU / Hao ZHANGCHN 203.3697
8 Kristina ASTAKHOVA / Alexei ROGONOVRUS 202.1679
9 Cheng PENG / Yang JINCHN 202.07610
10 Valentina MARCHEI / Ondrej HOTAREKITA 202.0288
11 Anna DUSKOVA / Martin BIDARCZE 189.601311
12 Tae Ok RYOM / Ju Sik KIMPRK 188.771212
13 Annika HOCKE / Ruben BLOMMAERTGER 184.831613
14 Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFERAUT 184.301414
15 Alexa SCIMECA KNIERIM / Chris KNIERIMUSA 182.041115
16 Ekaterina ALEXANDROVSKAYA / Harley WINDSORAUS 177.461516

Deanna STELLATO / Nathan BARTHOLOMAYUSA FNR17
Camille RUEST / Andrew WOLFECAN FNR18
Paige CONNERS / Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKIISR FNR19
Laura BARQUERO / Aritz MAESTUESP FNR20
Lana PETRANOVIC / Antonio SOUZA-KORDEIRUCRO FNR21
Julianne SEGUIN / Charlie BILODEAUCAN FNR22
Ioulia CHTCHETININA / Mikhail AKULOVSUI FNR23
Miu SUZAKI / Ryuichi KIHARAJPN FNR24
Lola ESBRAT / Andrei NOVOSELOVFRA FNR25
Kyueun KIM / Alex Kang Chan KAMKOR FNR26
Zoe JONES / Christopher BOYADJIGBR FNR27
Elizaveta KASHITSYNA / Mark MAGYARHUN FNR28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)