Chicks Dig Diamonds: The 2021 Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
Dirt diamonds, that is. With attractive boys with balls in tight pants.

Oh, and some just like to watch the game. Weird, right? ;)

Snow and ducks swimming on the infield on opening day. It can only mean one thing: it's gonna be a weird year.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
oh that's what they meant by "diamonds are a girls best friend"

yeah some of us just like to listen to the game on the radio :lol:

I don't have much to say about baseball as I just like to listen to the Nationals games. I hope their COVID pause is short lived.

MsZem

I see the sea
Oh @PrincessLeppard, you have outdone yourself! Looking forward to coming back to this thread to discuss many important things.

I just saw Pedro Sandoval's PH homerun and I do not think he looks to be in the best shape of his life :lol: but hey, chicks dig the long ball!

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
The Giants looked great through seven innings! Longoria and Buster homered, they were up six-one.

Enter the bullpen.

Who left all their pitching ability in Arizona. I mean, a softly throwing pitching machine would've been better, because AT LEAST IT WOULD'VE THROWN STRIKES.

But then Dickerson saves them! Pinch hit home run!

But the bullpen went, nah. Let's walk the bases loaded and then walk in the winning run.

:wall:

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Great start for the Os! 3-0!

Terrible start for the Nats. :fragile: They are now scheduled to play their first game tomorrow against Atlanta and will be missing some players due to quarantining.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
If MLB wants another Hank Aaron connection, they should move the ASG to Milwaukee! He started and ended his career here. And Atlanta stole our team way back when. We can steal their ASG :)

MsZem

I see the sea
If MLB wants another Hank Aaron connection, they should move the ASG to Milwaukee! He started and ended his career here. And Atlanta stole our team way back when. We can steal their ASG :)
Milwaukee stole a Boston team ;)

The Braves should honor Aaron by changing their name to the Hammers. It's the perfect way to say goodbye to a name that really shouldn't be kept any longer, and the promotional opportunities are boundless.

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
The horrible governor of Texas announced he wouldn't throw out the first pitch as a protest against moving the All Star game from Georgia.

Given that Texas stadiums have been given approval to have full houses he probably was looking for an excuse to avoid being infected.

Debbie S

And the Orioles lost 7-0 to the Yankees today. That's more like it. :slinkaway

I hope they can at least beat the Red Sox (again) in the home opener on Thursday.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
And the Nationals are playing on this sunny spring day!!

@Rob and 5,000 other people are there!

And the Braves got a lead-off HR to start the game. :lol: Well you can't have everything...

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
My Reds are currently 5-1 and have scored more runs this week than I have seen from them in a VERY long time. I don't know how long this goodness will last but I am enjoying the heck out of it right now! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Happy to see the O's do well too! :cheer2:

Debbie S

Happy to see the O's do well too! :cheer2:
Well, they're back in the regular universe today. TV commentators suggested it was a lack of sleep last night. Hmmm. Hopefully, they'll do better Saturday. And they still have a winning record. Today, anyway.

In addition to losing, our manager was ejected for arguing a strike call. After screaming in the ref's face. With his mask pulled down. :yikes:

I do see a lot of potential in some of the players. There were some good plays. But as usual, our pitching leaves some things to be desired. Like strikeouts when the bases are loaded.

MsZem

I see the sea
No Padres fans here, I see... but how cool is this?

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
The Dred Sox nearly lost today after being up 11-0. It’s going to be a loooooong season.

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
No Padres fans here, I see... but how cool is this?

Padres fan here, though haven't follow baseball that much lately ;)

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Wow the Nationals have actually won four in a row.

And reached .500. Which put them in first place. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information