Charles Krauthammer - Weeks to live

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I don't know if many of you know who Charles Krauthammer is. He is someone who got through college, and medical school. Had a successful psychiatric practice. Went on to write a weekly column for the Washington Post, and a frequent guest on Bret Beir's show on Fox News. He is married and had a son. He has done all this from the seat of his wheelchair. He has been paralyzed from the neck down in a freak dive into a college swimming pool. Oh did I mention his Pulitzer Prize?

Charles has a brilliant mind, and a unique way of breaking issues apart. Charles, a Conservative commentator started out on the other side :)

Wall Street Journal

Charles Krauthammer is one of my heroes. For years my wife and I watched Fox News’s “Special Report WithBret Baier, here Charles softly delivered his insights on politics with impressive and often sardonic wit and intelligence. We grew to rely on his electronic companionship and his political navigational skills. He knew where true north pointed; and although he could bite, he seldom barked.

The Washington Post - the last paragraph of his letter to friends and family.
“I leave this life with no regrets,” Krauthammer added. “It was a wonderful life—full and complete with the great loves and great endeavors that make it worth living. I am sad to leave, but I leave with the knowledge that I lived the life that I intended.”

Please don't use this thread to dis the man. One of his greatest gifts was that he was mensch all the way. The last paragraph of his letter is so telling, and a gift to all of us on how to live a life.

Last edited:

DFJ

I don't know if many of you know who Charles Krauthammer is. He is someone who got through college, and medical school. Had a successful psychiatric practice. Went on to write a weekly column for the Washington Post, and a frequent guest on Bret Beir's show on Fox News. He is married and had a son. He has done all this from the seat of his wheelchair. He has been paralyzed from the neck down in a freak dive into a college swimming pool. Oh did I mention his Pulitzer Prize?

Charles has a brilliant mind, and a unique way of breaking issues apart.

Wall Street Journal

The Washington Post - the last paragraph of his letter to friends and family.

Please don't use this thread to dis the man. One of his greatest gifts was that he was mensch all the way. The last paragraph of his letter is so telling, and a gift to all of us on how to live a life.

I read about this a few days ago. Very sad news indeed.

snoopy

We have discussed Charles many times over the years. I believe @PRlady worked with him or sat on a panel with him once or twice.

He did seem to be a gentleman.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Spelling his surname correctly would also be good. I will fix for you even though I think his and your politics suck.

About ten years back some of his columns got published in The Irish Times. They went over like a lead balloon.
Thank you. Appreciate your thoughtfulness.

caseyedwards

Spelling his surname correctly would also be good. I will fix for you even though I think his and your politics suck.

About ten years back some of his columns got published in The Irish Times. They went over like a lead balloon.
Surely the publisher didn’t believe anyone would agree with him but they might hate-read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information