#Canada150 (Canadian politics and related issues)

Japanfan

I'm guessing a minority government, hopefully a Liberal government. Singh has no chance - not that the NDPs ever really did federally, but Jack Layton was such a fine ambassador for the party. Scheer scares me. He's a weasel. He makes Stephen Harper look honest and competent - much as Trump makes Bush Jr. look like a desirable leader. I hated Bush Jr. (didn't care for Senior either), but when I see him on TV now, I think "what a dear, sweet man".

Last edited:

Domshabfan

A proud P/C fan
I'm guessing a minority government, hopefully a Liberal government. Singh has no chance - not that the NDPs every really did federally, but Jack Layton was such a fine ambassador for the party. Scheer scares me. He's a weasel. He makes Stephen Harper look honest and competent - much as Trump makes Bush Jr. look like a desirable leader. I hated Bush Jr. (didn't care for Senior either), but when I see him on TV now, I think "what a dear, sweet man".
Just should be in Hague

Nell411

Between the click of the light
I’m very much dreading this election and I live in one of the safest Conservative ridings in the country. It’s hard to decide who to vote for when this riding has been Conservative for longer than I’ve been alive. I’m going to look at the election results from the last couple of elections and see who came in 2nd to the Tory candidate. I want to vote for whoever might hurt the Conservatives the most.

UMBS Go Blue

Personally congratulating Beefy Bruno
Another own goal on the PM's part... :yikes::wall:

This election is so irritating. Trudeau barely seems to be trying, Scheer only cares to attack Trudeau with mostly half-truths or things seriously lacking in context. Which I really don’t understand. There’s plenty of legitimate criticisms of Trudeau. Singh is the only leader that seems to actually be campaigning well but the NDP as a party seems to be kind of imploding.

Locally, there’s barely even any campaign signs up. And I’ve heard next to nothing from any of them.

Nell411

Between the click of the light
This election is so irritating. Trudeau barely seems to be trying, Scheer only cares to attack Trudeau with mostly half-truths or things seriously lacking in context. Which I really don’t understand. There’s plenty of legitimate criticisms of Trudeau. Singh is the only leader that seems to actually be campaigning well but the NDP as a party seems to be kind of imploding.

Locally, there’s barely even any campaign signs up. And I’ve heard next to nothing from any of them.
Our incumbent had his signs up as soon as the election was announced. The only other person who's announced he's running so far is the People's Party guy. I don't understand why the other 3 parties don't have someone for here yet when we've known when this election was going to happen for ages. I know we're a safe Tory seat but come on.

That said, the Green Party historically gets mocked pretty heavily in my area so God only knows if they'll have a candidate here or not.

Japanfan

:yikes::wall:

Oh dear. Saying he was young and foolish just won't cut it.

I'm really hoping this won't motivate Canadians to vote for Scheer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 4)