BREXIT - The Final Countdown?

SHARPIE

Brex-shite.
Staff member
Can’t belive that somehow 4 weeks from now we will be out of the EU.

Let the shitstorm begin!

taz'smum

My cousin and I were just discussing the possibility of a 2nd referendum and she told me

" Well we are cancelling our postal vote because that’s all been outsourced to a company owned by MP Peter Lilley, an arch Brexiteer and the vote is still in paper form... "

This is making me even more scared of a 2nd referendum, as it could be even more corrupt and divisive than the first one....

Please let an adult stand up in parliament and say,
every form of Brexit will make the UK worse off than our current deal, so lets be grown up about this, admit we got it wrong, apologise to the EU and withdraw article 50 before it is too late!

taz'smum

So after 3 years of ' negotiations ', it has come to this, no one has a bloody clue what is going to happen now. :eek::scream:

taz'smum

Were you expecting something else?
3 years ago, yes, at that time I considered the UK to be one of the most civilised, sensible and rational countries, but now, it has become a country I can no longer relate to.... or should I say it is being governed by people who are off their rockers

Lorac

Lol what a total bunch of total no brain losers!!
Go away you ignorant troll. At least you in the US can rectify the mistake that is Trump. Here in the UK those of us who voted Remain are screwed by the idiots who voted Leave. This will have a lasting damaging impact on all who live in the UK and will take us years to recover from - if we ever do!!!

Louis

“Final countdown” may have been an overly optimistic title for this thread. :shuffle:

What happens now? A vote to rule out no deal and extend this torture, assuming the EU is even willing?

I wonder if May will finally have to resign as Parliament votes to block her into a corner with literally no workable solution acceptable to both parties in this negotiation.

Vagabond

How MP's voted by party affiliation
MP's voting records. (I believe that this one will be updated after each day's vote.)
What happens now? A vote to rule out no deal and extend this torture, assuming the EU is even willing?
Wednesday: Whether the U.K. should leave the U.K. without a deal. (Expected answer: No.)
Thursday: Whether the U.K. should ask for an extension. (Expected answer: :confused:)

What happens if Parliament, having rejected May's latest deal, rejects both a No Deal Brexit and asking for an extension is unclear.

allezfred

Baby Jolly Man Face
Staff member
The choices are:

1. No deal (likely to be voted down)
2. Extension of deadline (Could be vetoed by other EU member)
3. Revoking Article 50

taz'smum

The way Parliament is going, they could vote against all three of these. :shuffle:
Its safe to say parliament is only agreed on one thing, what it doesn't want!

If I was the EU, unless parliament asks for an extension for a people's vote, 29th March has to be the end of the road.
Though sadly, I fear that by the time parliament gets its act together to agree on what to ask for an extension, March 29th will be long gone.
This is all beyond a joke.

Talking of jokes, I suspect TM's motives for allowing the free vote on blocking no deal have the motive, that when no deal is removed, she will bring back her deal for a 3rd vote, hoping that the Brexiteers will vote for it this time around rather than face remaining. I notice even a MEP who was interviewed yesterday joked that her loss was less, and a 4th or 5th vote could get her deal across the line!

If the consequences of No Deal were not so dire for the UK, pretty damaging for the EU, and probably destabilising for the world economy, I'd say, it would do the UK good to end this argument for once and for all, and to have them come crawling back in 2 years, desperate for anything the EU offers!

I personally am resigned to it all ending very, very badly, and not be able to retire in 7 years as planned, as my UK pension, which is already a pittance, will be toilet paper after this fiasco!
I'm still waiting for my French resident's permit, I've been told it could take me another 5 months to get it!
So I have to continue living in huge uncertainty for the foreseeable future.

Oh and a nice aside, if/when I get my French resident's permit, it will be an EU one, so it will then need to be changed within the year for a non-EU resident's permit. The cost of a non-EU resident's permit is €269, whereas the EU one is free. I just love how Brexit is the gift that keeps on giving and giving!

16 Days until Show Time !:watch::watch::watch:

Last edited:

allezfred

Baby Jolly Man Face
Staff member
Have had to check that I was not dreaming when I read this morning that in the event of No Deal the U.K. government would leave the border between Ireland and Northern Ireland completely open. Do they not know that would violate multiple international obligations and ignore WTO rules? :confused:

antmanb

Have had to check that I was not dreaming when I read this morning that in the event of No Deal the U.K. government would leave the border between Ireland and Northern Ireland completely open. Do they not know that would violate multiple international obligations and ignore WTO rules? :confused:
The government do not have a fcuking clue about anything and no-one should be surprised about this anymore.

They have proved themselves utterly inept in this entire process. Article 50 should be revoked, every single sitting MP in both the main parties should be sacked and never allowed to hold political office again and we should start again.

I can't even watch the pathetic public school name slinging they call parliamentary debates. It's fcuking pathetic. If anyone in a professional setting even tried to "debate" things in that manner they'd just be sacked for complete unprofessionalism.

Two weeks to go until Brexit day and I'm still saying "I don't know" to our parent company about EVERYTHING.

These con artists have cost UK businesses millions in wasted resources and last minute scrambling because of their own egos and power games it's disgusting.

taz'smum

The government do not have a fcuking clue about anything and no-one should be surprised about this anymore.

I just had to phone the hotline for my boiler company here in France. The girl on the hotline, appeared to know zilch about boilers, and it was a hard job explaining the problem to her. She clearly had zero of the skills or knowledge required for the job. So she should apply for a job in the UK government, she would fit in perfectly!:scream:

Last edited:

antmanb

Bercow is another fcuking wanker. Honestly I cannot believe that people in the highest political positions in our country speak to each other in this way.

Last edited:

taz'smum

Bercow is another fcuking wanker. Honestly I cannot believe the people in the highest political positions in our country speak to each other in this way.
I fear I will become an alcoholic by the 29th March, it is all so horrible, I need some solace :rockstar::violin:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 1)