Boris Johnson Admitted To Hospital With C-*****

Louis

Private citizen
Almost every person I know, including the ********* Karens, have done something equally or more stupid than Cummings. He drove in a car to his parents' house, and he self-isolated as best he could there. He didn't put anyone at risk except for his own family. Time to move on.

Even the "scientist" behind this insane and anti-democratic lockdown wasn't even taking it seriously.

allezfred

#EpidemiologistsNotEconomists
Staff member
Almost every person I know, including the ********* Karens, have done something equally or more stupid than Cummings. He drove in a car to his parents' house, and he self-isolated as best he could there. He didn't put anyone at risk except for his own family. Time to move on.

Even the "scientist" behind this insane and anti-democratic lockdown wasn't even taking it seriously.

The scientist (no need for quotation marks Louis, you know better) lost his job. It should not be too much to expect that people who make the rules follow the rules. End of. There are people who died alone, who couldn’t have their relatives by their sides during their last moments. Try and put yourself in their place?

Louis

Private citizen
The scientist (no need for quotation marks Louis, you know better) lost his job. It should not be too much to expect that people who make the rules follow the rules. End of. There are people who died alone, who couldn’t have their relatives by their sides during their last moments. Try and put yourself in their place?

Maybe the problem is with the rules, not the people. No one has had concern with those dying alone, except me, until now.

I defended Catherine Calderwood the same way I'll defend Dominic Cummings. Their behavior was sensible; the rules are not. As for Neil Ferguson, he can rot in hell.

allezfred

Staff member
Maybe the problem is with the rules, not the people. No one has had concern with those dying alone, except me, until now.

I defended Catherine Calderwood the same way I'll defend Dominic Cummings. Their behavior was sensible; the rules are not. As for Neil Ferguson, he can rot in hell.

These were the people who made the rules. And now they have move the goalposts and people like you have given them a pass. Welcome to 1984.

By the way, did Catherine Calderwood Keep her job?

litenkyckling

He put huge numbers of people at risk. You cannot possibly drive from London to Durham with children without a toilet break for one. This man has no respect for anyone but himself. He is not elected by any one, he needs to go - no questions.

Maybe you don't think the rules are correct (can't agree with you there I'm afraid) but most people think that they are. Rules are put in place to protect society and the NHS. If any of us broke the rules, we'd face consequences - in fact many people have - especially those who are not white and middle class.

Ask any family who has suffered a loss, any person who has endured this *****, any person working on the front line - whether that be for the NHS or as refuse collectors - this is a slap in the face to all of us. This country is suffering massively - this man has lied continuously over both this (his "science" led decision making) or Brexit - and it is disgusting that he is still in post.

Lorac

Dominic Cummings was one of the architects of the rules we have all - well some of us at least - have been following. And going to 2nd homes was specifically mentioned as not being allowed in those rules. And how dare you state that no-one was concerned with people dying alone except you until now - that is just insulting to say the least to all those who have had to let their loved ones die alone because we were all trying to ensure we stayed home as requested by the government. Something which you have openly admitted you have not always abided to on these boards.

acraven

CNN has been emphasizing the inability to be with dying relatives from the very beginning. The topic comes up often during interviews with survivors and medical personnel (including those from other countries), and it is mentioned during commentary as well.

MacMadame

Staying at home
CNN has been emphasizing the inability to be with dying relatives from the very beginning. The topic comes up often during interviews with survivors and medical personnel (including those from other countries), and it is mentioned during commentary as well.
It's been mentioned repeated here as one of the horrors of this situation.

Louis

Private citizen
He put huge numbers of people at risk. You cannot possibly drive from London to Durham with children without a toilet break for one.

You can't pee on the side of the road? Are any public toilets even open? Serious question - I haven't seen any. (And at least for me a four-hour drive with no toilet break is doable.)

He didn't drive to a second home. He drove to his parents' house. He and his wife have *********-19. The child does not. Doesn't it seem like a good idea for someone without *********-19 to be taking care of the child? And, with everything shut, what other option do they have?

Speaking of 1984, the level of tracking and monitoring the government would like to do should be of far greater concern than what Cummings did.

As for Catherine Calderwood, I think she should get her job back, with an apology. It was almost certainly safer for herself and everyone else when she was at her second home.

litenkyckling

You can't pee on the side of the road? Are any public toilets even open? Serious question - I haven't seen any. (And at least for me a four-hour drive with no toilet break is doable.)

He didn't drive to a second home. He drove to his parents' house. He and his wife have *********-19. The child does not. Doesn't it seem like a good idea for someone without *********-19 to be taking care of the child? And, with everything shut, what other option do they have?

Speaking of 1984, the level of tracking and monitoring the government would like to do should be of far greater concern than what Cummings did.

As for Catherine Calderwood, I think she should get her job back, with an apology. It was almost certainly safer for herself and everyone else when she was at her second home.

- Seeing that cars require fuel, fuel stations are indeed open. Not sure why you would have seen any anyway - you shouldn't be going on any unnecessary car journeys. Also - have you done a four hour car journey a with a young children? They need toilet breaks.

- So he drove to his elderly parents home whilst having the *****? Extremely irresponsible. With everything shut, they have the same option that millions of families across the UK have had. Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save lives. It might not be easy, but we don't all have the privilege that these charlatans seem to.

- Tracking and tracing should be of concern, and in fact opposition parties have been calling for it from the start. The concern here is that we have a supposed PM who put his own personal connection over the lives and health of an entire country. If this is how he acts now, I wouldn't be too sure that we will ever have a reliable track and trace in place. They have had months to prepare and they haven't. Plenty of time to cover up the lies and deceit though huh?

- Calderwood was wrong, and if any other worker in any other job lied so massively and undermined a management strategy, they'd be gone. It cannot be one rule for them and another for us. It was not safer for her to go to her second home because she was then carrying the risk of the ***** to another community. A much smaller community at that. Communities where people seem to think they can live when they fancy in their second "home" suffer massively when people do not stick to the rules in place.

These rules are about community and looking out for one another. We have to ensure that our neighbours are safe. Not just for ourselves and our families and friends, but for wider society. Clearly some people are too individualist to understand this, which puts us all at risk.

floskate

Vacant
Let's not forget that at the time this happened the infection rate was running wild in London while the North East and Yorkshire was very low. We now have one of the highest r rates in the country up here. Obviously that's not all down to this man but this is exactly why we had these lockdown rules in the first place. Who knows if anyone up here was infected as a result of this? According to his own wife he was very sick on the 28th March which would imply that when he drove up to Durham he knew full well that he was ill with suspected symptoms. WTF would you then bundle your family into a tin can and endure 5 hours of enclosed breathing instead of self isolating in a room in his substantially large Islington townhouse?

taz'smum

as @Jesche says - мама knows best
Let's not forget that at the time this happened the infection rate was running wild in London while the North East and Yorkshire was very low. We now have one of the highest r rates in the country up here. Obviously that's not all down to this man but this is exactly why we had these lockdown rules in the first place. Who knows if anyone up here was infected as a result of this? According to his own wife he was very sick on the 28th March which would imply that when he drove up to Durham he knew full well that he was ill with suspected symptoms. WTF would you then bundle your family into a tin can and endure 5 hours of enclosed breathing instead of self isolating in a room in his substantially large Islington townhouse?

Not a lot of social responsibility there :(

allezfred

Staff member
I’m seeing that he is going to be giving a press conference. Since when do government advisor get to do that? :confused:

Lorac

I’m seeing that he is going to be giving a press conference. Since when do government advisor get to do that? :confused:

It will be interesting to say the least as Cummings detests the main stream press. Will he be contrite or arrogant as he is more inclined to be. 🙄

This entire mess could have been avoided with a statement from Cummings on Friday as soon as the reports hit the press apologising and acknowledging he didn't act within the spirit of the directives but saying he felt he was in a quandary because of his son. Yes some of the media would have still been agitating as is their wont as would some of the general public but it would have difussed the situation. Instead Cummings arrogantly claimed he did nothing wrong and therefore no need to explain anything. This just riled people and then we got the cabinet being sent out like trained seals to defend him with them basically repeating a memo they had clearly been sent 😏

The hole that has been dug is deep. Let's see if the government can climb out of it with this statement this afternoon.

floskate

Vacant
How did we get to a point where an unelected civil servant could hold this much sway over an entire country? Either he's going to give an award winning sob story and win over the media or this will be an absolute car crash that will send people over the edge.

Vagabond

Cummings' press conference is on now. He has lots of excuses and explanations, but he makes it all about him without regard to others with the same challenges or worse.

ETA: What kind of defense is "bad judgment"? :huh:

Lorac

This absolutely excruciating. And not once has he apologised. And I have not heard about any attacks on his home in London. And his kid couldn't do a 30 minute trip without having a wee but made a 5 hour trip without having to have one. 😏

ETA: Sorry for starting several sentences with And. I'm aware that is bad grammar.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information