Biden/Harris the new Democratic Slate for POTUS

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
oh good and now a member of Trump's team is tweeting out the Newsweek article and questioning whether Harris is eligible. :mad:

The Trump campaign is based 99.9% on racism and misogyny.

Vagabond

When we locals speak of "the People's Republic of Oakland," it's a joke, dammit! It isn't really an independent country! :duh:

Last edited:

Simone411

Do stand. Do stand six. Do stand six feet from me.
oh good and now a member of Trump's team is tweeting out the Newsweek article and questioning whether Harris is eligible. :mad:

Yes. Just like what Oompa Loompa said about Obama not being born in the U.S. And Oompa Loompa knows all about Nasty. He's quite the expert on being nasty to the core because he's been there and done that already too many times to count. :sneaky:

canbelto

In the teacher FB I'm in the birtherism has already started. Saying she's not eligible to be VP because she was an "anchor baby."

Sparks

Which is ridiculous. Her parents met in the US. They didn't come here just to have an "anchor baby".

VGThuy

I screamed when I saw this last night. A perfect tweet. Before I knew it I was watching Ghostwriter on YT at 2 in the morning. Jamal and Alex were THE epitome of cool.
I went on a marathon on that ten years ago that I never recovered from. May have even read and gotten into some fanfiction...:shuffle: I revisit the show every few years. Thank goodness the whole thing is on YouTube.

That show really informed me as a child and a lot of the things I value and believe in were from that show. Like how I had to live in Brooklyn one day, why I think representation in tv shows/film matters, I love how the kids weren't actor kids but local ones from the New York/NJ area (what we lost in skilled line-readings we gained in authenticity), there was an honest-to-God Vietnamese character and she actually spoke full on Vietnamese in full sentences with her parents, and though they felt real, they weren't playing to stereotypes (black male wanted to be a scientist, the Jewish girl wanted to be a rapper, the Salvi kid wanted to be a detective, the Viet girl wanted to be a filmmaker, etc.). PBS actually went to gangs and drugs and stuff in that show among other serious adult topics. I wish PBS would have shows for the middle school/teenage crowd again.

SkateSand

Cat Servant
I get three or four e-mails from the Trump Campaign daily. I've never contributed a single cent, nor have I ever had anything nice to say about Trump on social media or anywhere - in fact, the complete opposite. But I don't have myself unsubscribed because I'm fascinated by them so I guess they still have hope that one of their "best ever supporters" might someday give them something, lol. I contribute to Joe Biden's campaign, although very small amounts because I'm totally broke. The difference in the e-mails is night and day. Here's a sample of two recent e-mails from the Trump Campaign:

(my name),

Kamala Harris is the meanest, most horrible, most disrespectful, MOST LIBERAL of anyone in the U.S. Senate, and I cannot believe that Joe Biden would pick her as his running mate.

Everything we’re fighting for is on the line right now, (my name).

These two corrupt career politicians have made it clear that they want to protect sanctuary cities, protect criminals, take away your Second Amendment rights, and DESTROY America.

I’m calling on my best supporters to step up to the front lines and FIGHT BACK. This is SO important that I’ve upped the stakes.

(my name),

Wow.

Just when we thought the idea of Joe Biden being President of the United States couldn’t get any worse, he announces that Kamala Harris, a failed presidential candidate and a corrupt former California Attorney General, will be his running mate.

First, Kamala Harris attacked Joe Biden’s racist policies (did she forget?).

Next, she ends her pathetic run at President.

Then, 3 months after ending her own campaign, she reluctantly endorses Biden.

After that, Biden gets accused of sexual assault, so he vows to choose a woman as his VP.

And now, Sleepy Joe announces Phony Kamala as his running mate.

These two liberals are as far-left as they come. Between both of their terrible records, it’s obvious that this radical duo is PERFECT for each other but WRONG for America.

They are WEAK on crime and want to see our cities burn, unlike President Trump and Vice President Pence who are working tirelessly to restore LAW AND ORDER.

It’s going to be up to Patriots like YOU to save our Nation from that dark fate, (my name). Election Day is right around the corner, and now that we know what we’re up against, I’m going to do something HUGE:...

ChelleC

@SkateSand. I've gotten the emails from time to time too. If I see an official opinion poll on social media, I like to do it and let them know exactly what I think of them.

SkateSand

Cat Servant
@SkateSand The second of those messages sounds suspiciously like what some posters say in PI. Maybe they got your contact information here on FSU! 😟
No, I seem to have signed up for it. What happened is I responded to some survey they put on some website or something - don't remember where I first saw it - and I thought I should let them know exactly what I thought. So I filled it out completely honestly, but, of course, I had shown an interest - so, gotcha! :lol:

VGThuy

This doesn't really mean anything, but I was on the phone with my mom back in Louisiana, and we watched her speech together. Afterwards, she told me she wants to donate to Biden/Harris. I think it's the fact that she's a woman and from California (my mom is from there) and looks put together that did it for her.

ErikWilliam

This doesn't really mean anything, but I was on the phone with my mom back in Louisiana, and we watched her speech together. Afterwards, she told me she wants to donate to Biden/Harris. I think it's the fact that she's a woman and from California (my mom is from there) and looks put together that did it for her.
I have been pleasantly surprised at the reaction to Harris' nomination by Indian-Americans. In my experience, Indian-Americans tend to vote REP, and so I was really surprised to see them post favorable things about Harris. Looks like she inspires Indian-Americans too, as well as blacks. Harris is going to bring a much needed younger energy to the campaign, which I don't think Warren or Rice would have done.

ballettmaus

This is the key for me. It's not like temporary visitors aren't subject to US jurisdiction. Of course the author knows this. The entire article is embarrassing, and Newsweek's defense of it is even more silly. I would cancel my subscription, if I had one in the first place.
Just like the NYT and their Tom Cotton op-ed. Are they ever going to learn that they don't have to publish every BS that crosses their desks and that some opinions simply should not get a platform before they're so far down the drain and/or harmful?

People with diplomatic immunity are, by definition, not subject to the jurisdiction of the jurisdiction of the United States. Their children, therefore, do not acquire United States citizenship through birth (except in the instance where the other parent holds U.S. citizenship).
Okay, didn't think about diplomats when I wrote it but her parents weren't diplomats.

VGThuy

Trump bringing attention to the fact that she was "mean" to Kavanaugh is prompting Twitter to post videos and all kinds of pics of Kamala Harris looking cool and collected while Kavanaugh is screaming, crying, and looking out-of-control. It's also providing another opportunity to bring up other Trump stooges she made "cry".

Vagabond

Well, really, do you expect Trump to have anything to say about Kamala Hiarris that is both negative and principled? He's been one of her campaign donors! He must like her. ;)

rfisher

Let the skating begin

In ways you don't even know. Our students do clinical rotations at the local VA hospital. They have to be fingerprinted and complete forms in order to get their VA ids. Now, there is a new category on race. Two of the new students wrote in prefer not to answer. The VA is refusing to give them IDs or let them do clinicals. This is curtesy of Trump. It would be an illegal move in any other organization.

My employer's legal department is going bananas. My faculty thinks we should force them to answer to dismiss them. We're not doing either. The Dean, the legal department and I are all appalled that anyone even thinks we should. I'm just stunned that this has happened in 2020.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
I get three or four e-mails from the Trump Campaign daily. I've never contributed a single cent, nor have I ever had anything nice to say about Trump on social media or anywhere - in fact, the complete opposite. But I don't have myself unsubscribed because I'm fascinated by them so I guess they still have hope that one of their "best ever supporters" might someday give them something, lol. I contribute to Joe Biden's campaign, although very small amounts because I'm totally broke. The difference in the e-mails is night and day. Here's a sample of two recent e-mails from the Trump Campaign:

(my name),

Kamala Harris is the meanest, most horrible, most disrespectful, MOST LIBERAL of anyone in the U.S. Senate, and I cannot believe that Joe Biden would pick her as his running mate.

Everything we’re fighting for is on the line right now, (my name).

These two corrupt career politicians have made it clear that they want to protect sanctuary cities, protect criminals, take away your Second Amendment rights, and DESTROY America.

I’m calling on my best supporters to step up to the front lines and FIGHT BACK. This is SO important that I’ve upped the stakes.

(my name),

Wow.

Just when we thought the idea of Joe Biden being President of the United States couldn’t get any worse, he announces that Kamala Harris, a failed presidential candidate and a corrupt former California Attorney General, will be his running mate.

First, Kamala Harris attacked Joe Biden’s racist policies (did she forget?).

Next, she ends her pathetic run at President.

Then, 3 months after ending her own campaign, she reluctantly endorses Biden.

After that, Biden gets accused of sexual assault, so he vows to choose a woman as his VP.

And now, Sleepy Joe announces Phony Kamala as his running mate.

These two liberals are as far-left as they come. Between both of their terrible records, it’s obvious that this radical duo is PERFECT for each other but WRONG for America.

They are WEAK on crime and want to see our cities burn, unlike President Trump and Vice President Pence who are working tirelessly to restore LAW AND ORDER.

It’s going to be up to Patriots like YOU to save our Nation from that dark fate, (my name). Election Day is right around the corner, and now that we know what we’re up against, I’m going to do something HUGE:...
This just shows his level of maturity which is like a child. I think people are fed up with the negativity. And the only thing Trump knows is to be negative. He has nothing positive to offer.

The best thing about Harris there is now an adult in the house. I know they say that the VP nomination doesn't really impact on the election but I think it will in this case. She provides a positive outlook and the future of the US.

FGRSK8

Toad whisperer.....
Looking objectively, Harris is a good choice for Biden.

Biden will likely win the election in November since Trump is a disaster.

However, I cannot stand either candidate, so I will pass on this election as I did in 2016 since I couldn’t stand either one them back then as well.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Please don't pass on voting, unless the State in which you live is completely solid red or blue.
Even then, raw votes will matter even if they won't determine who the president is.

Vote. Find out how your jurisdiction is handling early voting and mail/absentee voting as well as in person and figure the safest and surest way to get your vote in. As soon as you can, make plans.

rfisher

Let the skating begin

However, I cannot stand either candidate, so I will pass on this election as I did in 2016 since I couldn’t stand either one them back then as well.
Even if you don't mark the ballot for POTUS, there are other elections in play.

VGThuy

Just curious, who did you want?

Slightly OT,

I just ranted a bit about the new Twitter hashtag #DoSomething with a great majority of the posts being about Trump's assault of USPS and undermining mail-in voting. The fact is, the House Dems passed a 25 billion relief bill two months ago and it is stalled in the Senate. Just like why we don't have a *********-relief bill. Why is that? Because people don't want to show up and vote because they don't have the exact candidate they want even though this is supposed to be a democracy and we had a democratic process to determine who would be the party's nominee. I yelled, screamed, volunteered, and fought for my progressive candidates. Guess what? They didn't win. What am I doing now? Voting blue so we can have a Dem President to ensure judicial appointments, voting down ballot to ensure Dems have the numbers to not have bills like the ones I cited and hundreds more not be stalled by an obstructionist opposition. And many many other things. I'm running out of patience.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge

This IS a vote for all intents and purposes.

It is a vote not to stop Trump from getting a second term.

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
The Dean, the legal department and I are all appalled that anyone even thinks we should. I'm just stunned that this has happened in 2020.
That's horrifying. :(

So is birtherism 2.0. I really didn't expect that, especially considering the whole Ted Cruz debacle. The racism is so apparent at this point, I don't think we're as far away from burning crosses again.

I keep trying to remember that whole "it's always darkest before dawn" thing, but I'm not sure how much darker America and the world can take.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information