Biden/Harris the new Democratic Slate for POTUS

caseyedwards

But this is what happens when possibilities in politics become reality! Like all the Hillary supporters who supported Obama after his sexist “youre Likable enough” or he made her sos after calling her dumb war monger

VGThuy

Trump just stated that suburban women will vote for him because they're afraid of Cory Booker as HUD Secretary. We know that's code for white women are racist and scared of blacks moving into their neighborhoods....even though the federal government has little power in zoning of local/state areas. I guess we'll just have to see after the election and look at the demographic numbers. It's up to those "suburban" women to show what's what. It's also hilarious that he's using the affable Corey Booker as the image of the scary black boogey man.

Vagabond

What would Corey Booker do, exactly? Require that every public housing project have allotment gardens? :unsure:

MsZem

Trump just stated that suburban women will vote for him because they're afraid of Cory Booker as HUD Secretary. We know that's code for white women are racist and scared of blacks moving into their neighborhoods....
Not suburban woman, suburban housewives.

caseyedwards

If the federal government will give states money to make room for low income housing they will do it! And usually make ugly square buildings with no thought as to curb appeal or architectural merit! Very communist looking buildings that would have been built in Eastern Europe after WWII. There are some near me! Though some newer ones look like miniature houses.

Susan1

I've noticed a few trump signs in yards in the last couple weeks. Maybe now we can get some Biden/Harris signs out there.

p.s. flipping channels this morning, so I don't know what program but one of the guests was talking about Kamala's name and said people needed to learn the "pronounciation". Geez.

Last edited:

clairecloutier

Trump just stated that suburban women will vote for him because they're afraid of Cory Booker as HUD Secretary. We know that's code for white women are racist and scared of blacks moving into their neighborhoods....even though the federal government has little power in zoning of local/state areas. I guess we'll just have to see after the election and look at the demographic numbers. It's up to those "suburban" women to show what's what. It's also hilarious that he's using the affable Corey Booker as the image of the scary black boogey man.

That tweet was so offensive. Is there really anyone out there who actually identifies with the term "suburban housewife"??

MsZem

That tweet was so offensive. Is there really anyone out there who actually identifies with the term "suburban housewife"??
Women who are likely to vote for Trump? Never say that he doesn't know his audience!

I recently found myself watching Supermarket Sweep episodes from the early/mid 90s, and even then contestants identified themselves as homemakers rather than housewives.

caseyedwards

It’s amazing how a real issue about ugly building and lower property values turns into housewife Vs homemaker

Peaches LaTour

I have started wearing my silver, "Nasty Woman" necklace again which I bought when Trump first called Hillary by that name in 2016. Now I wear it for Kamala. 😁

If he thinks she was nasty to Kavaungh , he will have to redefine that word when she is finished with Pence. 🙄

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Well, he also said she was also rude and dismissive to Biden during the debates. According to Trump, that's a woman's greatest offense. Next to being fat or ugly of course.

Mother might not let Pence debate such a creature at all. Who knows what she might do if they're in a room alone together. :drama:

Vagabond

Women who are likely to vote for Trump? Never say that he doesn't know his audience!
That's one of his problems, though. To win, he would have to reach beyond those who are likely to vote for him and persuade those who aren't likely to vote for him. If he took any Marketing classes at Penn, he should know that. :duh:

Also, Claire is right. There aren't that many women who identify with the term "suburban housewife" any more.

VGThuy

Latest lame attack:

Just like that OP stated..."maybe these folks want to think twice before running with 'you can’t say you are a descendant of slaves if one of your ancestors was a slaveowner'."

These people don't much about history for so-called lovers of history.

BittyBug

The missing ingredient
Mother might not let Pence debate such a creature at all. Who knows what she might do if they're in a room alone together. :drama:
He wouldn't be able to do anything because he'll bleed out after his balls are surgically severed with just one glance and a quip. :saint:

VGThuy

I will say this regarding the Pence/Harris potential debate....Pence got one over on Kaine because Kaine seemed aggressive in comparison. Pence has that creepy disarming quality that people actually like and he seemed like a big ol' softie where it looked like he was being reasonable compared to Kaine. In the primaries after her first great showing, some, including those in this forum, started accusing Harris of being way too aggressive and talking too much like a prosecutor. I worry that some will think Harris is an aggressive prosecutor beating up on good Christian, disarming Pence. I don't underestimate Pence because I think he knows how to play the game and how to present himself. He's shady.

aftershocks

Banned Member
It's an intentionally distracting 'tempest in a teapot' about Kamala's ethnic background and her parental roots in Jamaica and India. Everyone in America has ancestors who came from somewhere else originally. And there are many recent immigrants who are no less citizens of this country. Human history is a history of migrations.

As far as all the ridiculous narratives about this and that portion of black or she's not really black, etc., people really need to examine human history and biology more closely. We're actually all biologically descended from ancients who had a lot of melanin in their skin. :D Melanin is a good thing! It's pretty essential biologically. Very pale skin is an evolutionary mutation and it was a biological necessity for survival in the cold northern regions of Europe. Humans FWIW are all mixed anyway. Labels and categories have just been used to divide people, especially in the early beginnings of European dominance in America:

Meanwhile, a heads-up:
Sen. Kamala Harris will be the featured participant on Friday, August 14th at the virtual The 19th Summit, around 1:00 pm (which I've been posting on FSU about all week). The timing turns out to be great. :) So far this week, Sen. Tammy Duckworth, Stacey Abrams, and Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto of Nevada, et al., have participated in this virtual summit. As we speak, Melinda Gates is being interviewed. Hillary Clinton will be participating on Thursday, and in the final session on Friday, the 14th, Meghan The Duchess of Sussex will interview The 19th News founder, Emily Ramshaw.

Here's a link to register for the livestreams, which are archived for on-demand viewing:

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire My blood just boiled right out of my veins. I got an email from Howie Hawkins the "presidential candidate" for the Green Party.

That is to say, an email for electing Donald Trump.

skateboy

Trump supporters are completely triggered on all the CNN/MSNBC YoutTube clips about Harris. I love it.

Simone411

Do stand. Do stand six. Do stand six feet from me.
Well those suburban women probably will! During Oompa Loompa's first election, several of my 'suburban' friends on FB said they were definitely voting for him and asked who else was voting for him.

I replied stating I couldn't and wouldn't vote for Oompa Loompa because of how he degraded women and was even caught on video saying he could easily have his way with women (including grabbing their p_ussies) because he was a celebrity. I also stated I wouldn't vote for him because of how he mocked and made fun of a disabled man from the media.

The reactions I received from my reply were a little harsh, and one 'suburban' friend replied to me stating that she didn't care what Oompa Loompa did and was still voting for him because she didn't want the 'lying beyotch' to win the presidency.

She then went further to say if someone (it didn't matter who) looked like a terrorist, shoot them! So I then replied and asked if I were a stranger and she didn't know me, would she try to shoot me because of my dark brown olive complexion. Of course she didn't answer that.

I'm am so happy that Joe chose Kamala as his running mate, and I will be voting for them come election time. I'm also looking forward to watching the Democratic Convention. Right now, I'm watching Joe on my local station (live breaking news) discussing his awesome choice of Kamala Harris as his running mate (Vice President)! :cheer2::40beers:

Susan1

I will say this regarding the Pence/Harris potential debate....Pence got one over on Kaine because Kaine seemed aggressive in comparison. Pence has that creepy disarming quality that people actually like and he seemed like a big ol' softie where it looked like he was being reasonable compared to Kaine. In the primaries after her first great showing, some, including those in this forum, started accusing Harris of being way too aggressive and talking too much like a prosecutor. I worry that some will think Harris is an aggressive prosecutor beating up on good Christian, disarming Pence. I don't underestimate Pence because I think he knows how to play the game and how to present himself. He's shady.
I said it then and I'll say it again. I forget how many lies I counted. Kaine spent all of his time trying to correct pence instead of answering for himself. Kamala might end up doing that too. I have the copied transcript somewhere. Kamala should read it.

All the jokes about "mother" not letting him be in the same room with her? Maybe she will since they have to be 6 ft. apart.

caseyedwards

When Trump said holocaust deniers and anti semites were very fine people I immediately supported impeachment and removal of trump. DC democrats did not. They are phony when they talk about that issue

Barbara Manatee

Biden and Harris are giving great speeches. Slapping Trump silly and also laying out a plan for a better future. This is a wonderful beginning.

Peaches LaTour

Just watched Joe & Kamala give their team speeches. VERY impressive. 😁

Such a relief to listen to intelligent, mature, focused comments from adults who act like adults.

Biden/Harris, all the way!

sk8pics

I listened to Kamala’s speech, and part of Joe’s, and I was actually clapping! So refreshing to hear people speak in a mature, focused way.

My first campaign yard sign ever will be going up just as soon as it arrives.

aftershocks

Banned Member
I thought this twiter thread was a good "cliff notes" version of the origins of Jamaicans. https://twitter.com/wampumpeag/status/1293370490472419328
Yep, there's a lot to history that's been purposely covered up and misrepresented. To be perfectly honest, we've all been brainwashed to deleterious effects and impacts. There's a long way to go for us to understand the whole story. People should check out the PBS link I posted above, because it really is a further explanation of what this Twitter poster is talking about, only focused on the early American colonies. It's easy viewing because it tells the story briefly (about 8 minutes in three episodes) with music and animation.

The truth is as the Twitter poster is indicating, that most of the human traffic in African slaves landed in the West Indies, not in the U.S. colonies. The Native Americans, particularly along the eastern coast of the U.S. were descended from melinated ancient African mariners. As well, the Asians who traveled to the American continent over the Bering Straits mixed with some of the ancient Africans, and with pre-Columbian Spanish and Portuguese explorers who never returned to Europe but assimilated with the native people of the Americas. That's who the Tainos and the Mexicans and many people in South America and North America are descended from. Hello. And when the pale-skinned Europeans arrived, don't mistake that everyone was mixing (particularly among the so-called poor and lower classes), as humans have always done since the beginning of time.

It was only a power move by the wealthy and worried white male early European settlers to America to separate and divide people, and to outlaw intermixing. They were afraid due to an uprising of the less wealthy classes in the colonies against hegemonic tax laws and other injustices. The uprising included Native Americans, 'white' Europeans and newly arrived Africans banded together. For the wealthy white planters, it was just easier to disenfranchise the darker-skinned people and to institute slavery laws which prevented the 'blacks' who were enslaved or indentured from being able to gain freedom after their indentured servitude was due to end. This happened in the 1600s at a time when many 'white' European immigrants, and newly arrived Africans were considered indentured servants who could eventually purchase their freedom.

Everyone in the lower classes freely intermixed as human nature tends to take it's course in that way. ;) People intermixing today is nothing new. It's just that the laws against intermixing that were instituted in the 1600s ended up leading to fear, discrimination, racism, and division. The human race has a lot to overcome, and a huge amount to learn, and to unlearn.

It's going to take more than just a notion. And more than just the first 'black' President (Obama) and the first 'black' woman Vice-President (Kamala Harris)!!! Fingers-crossed!

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
I listened to Kamala’s speech, and part of Joe’s, and I was actually clapping! So refreshing to hear people speak in a mature, focused way.

My first campaign yard sign ever will be going up just as soon as it arrives.
So refreshing indeed. I'd donate to their campaign if it weren't for the foreign contribution issue ;)
Come on America, the world needs you to make these two happen :cheer:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information