Basketball: Wild, Out There Prediction that Team USA wins

Cachoo

Me too, would have been a great story.
A sportscaster I listen to said France is a much tougher match-up but was so impressed that Luca was able to bring his team this far. He is such a talent.

canbelto

It's kind of anti-climactic that the two teams for the championship game are also the teams with all NBA starters. Oh well.

Karen-W

10.2 seconds left in the gold medal game - USA leads by 4 over France. Will they manage to pull off the win?

ETA - FRA fouled Durant with 8.8 seconds and he makes both of them!

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Awww I feel bad for France because they look gutted, but also I'm excited for how happy the US is. I am a woman of dueling feelings.

Karen-W

The lead up to and the Olympic tournament wasn't an easy journey for Team USA but they managed to pull off another 🥇!!!! So proud of our guys!

Karen-W

Awww I feel bad for France because they look gutted, but also I'm excited for how happy the US is. I am a woman of dueling feelings.
Agreed! I was a bit surprised at just how happy the US men were at winning. I think they have definitely felt the pressure to win because everyone just expects our NBA stars to deliver.

Cachoo

I know. Hes not a strong FT shooter and it hurts him in the NBA too. Aww. The rest of the French team looked like they accepted this but he looked crushed. In other news: he's pretty.
And beyond being an NBA player he had a role in American history because of the way everything shut down after his positive test. It was like a row of dominoes falling.

canbelto

And beyond being an NBA player he had a role in American history because of the way everything shut down after his positive test. It was like a row of dominoes falling.

That was unfair the way the press piled on him like he was responsible for the NBA shutdown. They would have shutdown regardless.
Nic Batum is cute too.

Cachoo

That was unfair the way the press piled on him like he was responsible for the NBA shutdown. They would have shutdown regardless.
Nic Batum is cute too.

Yes—I think they were upset about when he laughed at C, touched their microphones and then was positive. But it’s water under the bridge. He didn’t make the decision to cancel the season. I guess that announcement was the real catalyst. Everything changed after that. But I guess it had to…

canbelto

Yes—I think they were upset about when he laughed at C, touched their microphones and then was positive. But it’s water under the bridge. He didn’t make the decision to cancel the season. I guess that announcement was the real catalyst. Everything changed after that. But I guess it had to…

He also had a rough playoffs with Donovan Mitchell getting injured again. Poor guy. Felt bad for him.

michalle

For some reason it cracks me up that they sit in the hot tub with their fellow competitors after their dive. Seems a little awkward but I guess they are used to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information